Practice and master spelling hundreds of the most common English words in 67 simple lessons. Learning 1st grade Common Core spelling skills has never been faster and easier.
Learn Spelling combines simple, 'read-along' teaching materials with smart adaptive practice to make learning spelling as fast and simple as can be.
The app is designed by an ex-Google Product Manager to maximize learning and retention. The content was developed by a team of veteran teachers, technologists, and student testers working over the last 2 years.
• 67 simple ‘read-along’ lessons. Students can learn by themselves, often more quickly than from videos or lectures.
• Effective, adaptive practice. Each student sees a different set of questions that get harder over time. When they make mistakes, the questions change in real-time to maximize learning and minimize frustration, following the ‘spaced repetition’ learning theory.
• Text to speech. Tap on any word to have it read out loud.
• 'Read-Along' mode. Sit back and enjoy the whole lesson read to you. Even kids with difficulties decoding text or paying attention can learn spelling skills on their own.
• Switch between up to 10 password-protected student profiles.
• Teacher View: Keep kids accountable for regular practice with minimal effort. Look at charts of useful metrics. See where students are struggling, and jump in to help.
• Gamification. Medals, progress bars, and uplifting interfaces motivate students to do their best.
Learn Spelling is a member of the Class Ace family of apps. One subscription unlocks full access to all 15+ Class Ace apps and over 1,000+ lessons covering K-6 subjects.
• Unlimited access to all Class Ace lessons and a suite of apps covering K-6 Common Core standards starts at $6.99 per month after a 1 week free trial and includes 3 student profiles. Each additional student is $2 per month. One account can hold up to 10 student profiles.
• Cancel Anytime: You won't be charged if you cancel before the end of the trial period.
• Renewal: Auto-renewal may be turned off anytime from your iTunes Subscription Manager.
If your child needs Class Ace but you simply can’t afford it, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscriptions automatically renew unless they are turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period in account settings. Renewals are charged within 24-hours preceding the end of the current period. Payment is charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions are managed by the user. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to Learn Spelling by Class Ace, where applicable.
You can access Learn Spelling without a subscription, but will be limited to 20 free questions per day, and your medals will be lost on leaving the app.
No parent wants to see their child fall behind. Yet over 50% of 4th graders weren't proficient in 4th grade common core standards in the US in 2017. Our own kids were struggling to keep up. We built Learn Spelling for them, and now they are excelling on their own. Your kids can too!
Help & Support
Problems, questions, or want to get in touch?
Contact us at email@example.com
Terms of Service: https://classace.io/terms
We've fine tuned subscription management and improved performance. Happy learning!
Ratings and Reviews
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Class Ace LLC
- 47.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 6–8
- © 2021 Class Ace
- In-App Purchases
- Spelling 1st Grade 3 Students $6.99
- Spelling 1st Grade - 1 Student $2.99
- Spelling 1st Yearly 3 Students $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.