Lose Yourself Without Getting Lost.
This handy application presents you several self-guided city walks, featuring the best of the city. It comes with detailed walk route maps and powerful navigation features enabling you to see the best of the city. No need to hop on a tour bus or join a tour group; now you can explore all the city attractions on your own, at your own pace, and at a cost that is only a fraction of what you would normally pay for a guided tour.
Sightseeing walks included in this application are:
* City Orientation Walk (12 sights)
* Parque das Naçõe Walk (8 sights)
* Lisbon Museums Tour (9 sights)
* Alfama Walk (12 sights)
* Self-Guided Tour of Belem (13 sights)
* Alfama & Baixa Souvenirs (12 sights)
* Amoreiras Walk (8 sights)
* Madragoa Nightlife (5 sights)
* Central Lisbon Nightlife (6 sights)
Discovery walks included in this application are:
* Alfama Quarter Walk
* Bairro Alto and Chiado Walking Tour
* Baixa Shopping Walk
* Escola Politécnica and São Bento Antiques Hunting
* Cais do Sodré Walking Tour
* Principe Real Walking Tour
No Data Plan or Internet is Needed, and No Roaming either. All the data used in this app is built into the software, so you can follow the city walks or use the city map without internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app works with your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Walk routes clearly displayed on map.
* Precise walking directions from one sight to the next.
* `FindMe` displays your exact location and Auto Tracking displays your movement on the map (this feature is not supported by the iPod Touch and iPad wifi models).
* Built-in compass to show you the direction.
* Create your own walks to see the attractions you like.
* A detailed city map which can be used independently for your other traveling needs.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. This app gives you the option to turn off the GPS tracking in the background to prolong the battery life.
- Fixed a bug.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
No walking tours . Click on three days in Lisbon just gives you the common tourist sites with no schedule of which one to see in order of geography. Tours links to viatour. click on metro map it does not show you a map just an app to go from one station to another. What if you don’t know which station untouched want? Poor design. Dont waste your money
Not that good
The map should me much better and detailed. Also should show how to get to cetrain sights by either metro or a bus.
Effective way to get about town
My wife and I found this a great way to wuickly learn about the city and to navigate on a walking tour duirng an impromptu trip to Lisbon.
We only had the time to use the sites in downtown and Belem but this was less expensive than a travel book.
My only suggestion wound be to add in Sintra into the package as most of the tourists we met tneded to hit the highlights of the three cities (Lisbon, Belem and Sintra). \
In addition more description of the architecture, e.g., the railway station by Restauradores Square, would be useful to provide historical background to the walk.
Finally some of the historical informaiton similar to what we see in Wikipedia would round out the walk as you typically finished the description in less than half a minute and wanted a bit more detail.
Still a great way to get around the city and not get lost.
- GPSmyCity.com, Inc.
- 121.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2010 GPSmyCity.com Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.