Featured by Apple on its 2020 fall keynote
Lumy is a simple and beautiful app for photographers and everyone who wants to track the sun/moon.
Want to take gorgeous photographs around the golden hour or blue hour?
Want to plan your fitness or yoga session around sunrise or sunset?
Want to check when the first or last light is available to schedule your outdoor activity?
Want to know when the moon rises or sets?
Want to know when the next full moon will be?
Lumy is the ultimate app for you.
Golden Hour (also known as Magic Hour) is the time around sunrise or sunset when the light is often soft, warm, and perfect for capturing lovely visuals. With lumy, you can anticipate the best lighting condition and get ready ahead of time to take advantage of it. Lumy also shows you the weather information for the next seven days to plan things out.
Lumy notifications are highly customizable. You can schedule it for particular days or make them repeat automatically to your need. Titles like a photo shoot, morning walk, etc., can also be added to the notification.
Lumy now supports Siri Shortcuts. So ask Siri questions like - 'Is moon above the horizon?', 'When is next full moon day?', 'When is Golden Hour?'.
Lumy is designed to be highly customizable for your use case, whether you are a minimalist or an advanced user.
Enjoy Lumy on iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, HomePod with a single purchase on the AppStore.
• Everything you need to know about Sun and Moon.
• Current location or any place around the world.
• Current date or any future date.
• Beautiful home screen widgets for sun and moon.
• Except for weather information, no internet connection is needed.
• Repeatable Notifications with offsets.
• Find sun & moon information in the spotlight search.
• iMessage Support.
• Know sun and moon position with the solar compass.
• Independent Apple Watch App – no need to take your iPhone.
• Customizable Apple Watch complications to put the necessary information on
• Support for Apple TV, including a stunning Photo Frame Mode, putting Lumy on
the big screen.
• Support for Homepod with Siri Shortcuts.
• Get Sun/Moon Information into your shortcut workflows.
• With the Lumy wallpaper shortcut, you would be able to automatically change
your iPhone/iPad wallpaper to display the day's moon phase.
• Handoff support between iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch.
• Supports dynamic type & voice-over.
• Custom app icons to make sure Lumy matches the rest of your Home screen.
• Haptic & Sound Feedbacks.
• Simple & Clean design.
• Natural gestures.
• Advanced, yet simple and easy to use.
• Universal app - iPhone, Apple Watch, Apple TV, and iPad.
• Localized in Chinese, Japanese, French, German.
The idea is to create an ultimate companion app for sun and moon trackers, So email me your feedback. Thanks :)
The new graphic rectangular complications work only on Apple Watch Series 4 or later. Alternatively, for earlier series apple watch much simpler version of complication is provided.
Sun Information Available - Sunrise, Sunset, First light, Last Light, Golden, Blue hour, Astronomical, Nautical, Civil Twilight.
Moon Information Available - Moonrise, Moonset, altitude, azimuth, transit, transit elevation, weekly phase info, Next Full Moon, New Moon, First and Last quarter date.
Doesn't Convince? Check out these other lovely apps by fellow developers - Photopills, SolarWatch, Alpenglow.
- Bug fixes
- Support for the latest iOS 15, iPadOS 15, and watchOS 8.
- Support for Home Screen widgets in iPads.
- Support for Quick Notes in iPads.
- Support for the latest iOS 15's notification enhancements.
- Support for Always-On display during events like Golden Hour, Blue Hour in Apple Watch.
- Support for the latest iPhone 13, iPad mini, Apple Watch Series 7.
- Much improved calculation algorithm.
- Behind the screen enhancements from the latest iOS, iPadOS, watchOS update.
- Various UI/UX enhancements.
Thanks a lot for emailing those suggestions and feedbacks. Lumy doesn't interrupt during your usage asking for a review, so If you like Lumy, please consider leaving a rating in the AppStore. It helps :)
Ratings and Reviews
Simplicity + Elegance = Best
I’ve been using Lumy for nearly 5 years and it is by far the best sun tracking app available. It has come a long way since its inception, now offering various tools like the sun arc, showing its position in the sky relative to time, the sun compass showing its position relative to the phone holder, new time details like daytime and nighttime durations as well as widgets for your Home Screen. This of course on top of all the old features that have been polished to fit the new UI and general design.
This app is super simple and ultra customizable. Once you set your location, you can then select which light periods you want to see and even what your app icon looks like!
There is also integration for Apple Watch 4 and newer. I have an Apple Watch 3 so I don’t get to take advantage of this yet but hopefully soon. There are various Watch Faces/Complications you can add to your Watch via the Lumy App!
I look forward to the future of Lumy. It is an invaluable tool for photographers, whether I’m shooting a portrait session or going out for another attempt at the Milky Way, Lumy has been there for me! Try it out for yourself and you’ll see! No app is perfect but this one definitely deserves 5 stars for ease of use, design, and features.
I wish there was a sun compass widget for iPhone. That would look sick on the Home Screen and would be super useful!
Randomly, I was thinking to myself several weeks ago about having a nice app that looked pretty to check sunset (and nautical and astronomical sunset) for my observational astronomy. Literally not one full day later, I watched Apple’s keynote for the new iPad Air and Apple Watch. This app was featured as an app that was rebuilt for iOS 14, and I thought it was exactly what I was looking for! To be fair, the price is a tad higher than I think necessary for the functionality of the app. It would be cool to see more information rich widgets as well as better weather data and more visuals in the app. Just as an FYI, I bought the calculator app you made as well, I love your design language and I’ll buy any app you release, even if I don’t have a function for it. I’ll find a way to use it. Thanks for the great work, keep it up.
Nice App, Change Complication Color?
This is a great companion app for photography and weather alike. I got it for the nice Apple Watch complication, and love it in full color. However, I often like to make my watch face a single color, and it turns the complication rectangle light gray which makes the color text hard to read and looks terribly bright against the black background. Can you please update it so no matter what color we select, the complication will have a black background behind the colored text? The complication also has enough space under the current text to include temperature and condition icon, which would help save space so I don’t need to have another complication taken up by current temperature. Those two changes would make it a perfect complication!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Raja V
- 247.2 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 14.0 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © WapleStuff
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.