Gunpowder diplomacy in a city primed to explode! You're a shapeshifting android created to infiltrate the enemy. Steal, lie, and persuade your way to success. Can you save a people on the brink of war?
"Machinations: Fog of War" is a 150,000-word interactive fantasy novel by Chris Conley, where your choices control the story. It's entirely text-based--without graphics or sound effects--and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
• Explore a 150,000-word tale of deception, intrigue and betrayal in an age of gunpowder and rapier duels.
• Embody a lifelike automata with the ability to study and mimic the appearance and behavior of anyone you meet.
• Develop your personal skills, accumulate an array of disguises, and cultivate contacts and allies.
• Navigate the hostile waters of diplomacy, scheming and plotting when everyone has their own motives.
• Decide who to trust and who to deceive.
• Serve your master faithfully, or break away and serve only yourself.
Added support for iPhone X. If you enjoy playing "Machinations: Fog of War," please leave a written review. It really helps!
Ratings and Reviews
I really liked the steampunk vibe from this story, as well as the renaissance setting. Although the ending was a bit lackluster for me, everything else was great. The skill system actually mattered, and you really had to think about your actions and plan. Hope to see more from this author in the future.
It was pretty inthralling, I enjoyed it all the way until the end. The end was very dull and I wish to see this game expanded upon.
So many pointless choices...
After buying and loving most CYOA apps, this one was a total dud. The character is involved in SO MANY useless little dialogue choices (choose who to speak to) which have no bearing on the story. You could literally waste hours in pointless minutiae and details while the story drags on in boring overtones, seemingly oblivious to any of your choices. This one is a total waste of time and money.
- Hosted Games LLC
- 35.9 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2016 Chris Conley
- In-App Purchases
- Rest of the Game $3.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.