Create floor plans simply with the camera of your mobile device. Scan a room in up to 30 seconds and build up complete floor plans in minutes. A floor plan is your starting point for included features like material & cost estimation, 3D models, and virtual tours.
• Create floor plans with the camera of your mobile device
• magicplan automatically detects and captures windows and doors
• Measure ceiling heights
• Draw floor plans
• Connect a laser distance meter via Bluetooth
• View plans in 2D and create 3D models
• Export plans as PDF, JPG, PNG, SVG, CSV, DXF
• Compatible with Excel, AutoCAD, and Chief Architect
• Furnish your plans with over 1000 objects (furnishing, plumbing, electrical, etc.)
• Create your own customized objects
• Synced Elevation view
• Create virtual tours with 360 panoramas
• Add photos and notes
• Get statistics automatically (distances, surroundings, surface)
• Estimate materials and costs with customized price lists
• Conduct surveys with customized questionnaires
• Backup floor plans or manage your team on the Cloud
magicplan is renowned worldwide:
• Downloaded by over 17 million users
• Best of the year 2012 and 2017
• #1 iPhone Utilities in 76 countries
• #1 iPad Utilities in 104 countries
• Every day the equivalent of a small city is mapped with magicplan
Training session available in English at https://www.magicplan.app/training/
magicplan is free to download and use on your device.
What has to be purchased:
• Some objects are locked.
• Getting PDF + JPG + 3D + Interactive Website + DXF + CVS + PNG + SVG.
• Commercial use.
• Buy: Purchase one floor plan at a time for $2.99.
• Subscription: While your subscription is active enjoy an unlimited usage for $9.99/month. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged $9.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
Supported laser distance meters:
• HILTI PD-I
• BOSCH GLM 50 C, GLM 50 CX, GLM 100 C, GLM 120 C, PLR 30C, PLR 40C, PLR 50C
• DeWalt DW03201
• Leica Disto D110, D510 (Europe), E7100i, E7500i (North America), D810, D1, D2, X3, X4, X
• Stabila LD520, LD250 BT
• WDM 8-14
magicplan technology is protected by multiple patents.
In this release, we’re proud to announce a beta version of an OBJ file export. This lets you export your 3D models to import & edit them in 3D design software. Yay! Please bear in mind, this is a beta release. Give it a shot and let us know what you think!
You will also notice that we completely redesigned the export section of the app. This is the first step in a complete redesign, stay tuned!
Downloading project from the magicplan Cloud is now a lot faster and as always, we worked hard to fix bugs and improve stability. Enjoy the latest version on magicplan!
Ratings and Reviews
Pretty awesome, but...
Being able to turn off the sound of the app without having to turn off the ringer of your phone would be really great. Also, when choosing colors for tiles/carpet, after purchasing a plan...why is white and grey not an option? If I'm doing tiles in my laundry room, I'm not going to use pink or green on the floor...it would be wonderful to include the full color spectrum for flooring, and maybe have a way to change wall colors/materials as well. I may want tiles on my shower walls rather than glass, but no option that I've found for doing so.
Having options for exterior siding, deck materials, etc would really be great as well. Seeing the house in 3D really helps me to visualize my ideas, and fix any fine tuning issues. But I have no way to tell if my deck or shed are going to work well with the rest of the space, as they do not show up in 3D mode.
All in all, I still really like using this app, it would get five stars in a heartbeat if these features were added :)
Really intuitive, easy and useful
Easy to use, but of course you need light and a somewhat unobstructed corner so you can use the AR measurement. Otherwise it’s a bit difficult to tell where the pointer depth is... not a complaint, just something you have to know before you measure. Since most of my rooms are already furnished, it would be cool if you could use ceiling corners instead of floor.
Also, iPhone 8 Plus and the posture calibration crashes as soon as the last picture is taken. Talk about inconvenient crash... after I got a tape measure and laid it out and took 16 pictures at various lengths... it crashes. Not before I spent 15 mins setting that up and trying to take precise pictures. Oh well, don’t let that that detract you from using it... it is amazing!
No longer the app it used to be
This used to be a fantastic app but I’ve been having a lot of problems lately. I reached out to customer service a number of times and continually emailed them with no response. There is no phone number to call just email. I finally got one response months latter and the response was sarcastic and no help whatsoever. Their reply was telling me to change a setting that in numerous emails I had already explained I had tried and it was not solving the problem. When I replied to their email letting them know it did not solve the problem, no response. Their customer service is nonexistent. Sad, because I used to love this app and I pay a lot of money for it each year. If you’re looking to create floorplans were just the foot measurement shows, (not foot and inches) on the printed PDF, currently this not the option to pick. It shows correctly on the screen, just not when printing. Hopefully they can fix this problem in the future and provide some type of customer service.
- Sensopia Inc.
- 162.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-2019 Sensopia inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Plan (PDF, JPG, DXF, HTML) $2.99
- Standard Subscription $9.99
- Business Subscription $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.