Mast is a beautiful Mastodon app built with iOS design guidelines in mind. It’s as feature-packed as it is gorgeous. The stunning timelines make reading the latest content a joy.
Mast is also fully optimised for iOS 13 with dark mode and context menu support. It also has Today Extensions, Share Extensions, iMessage Stickers, a Watch app, Siri Shortcuts, and an iPad app. I hope you enjoy using Mast.
“What is Mastodon?”, you may ask. It’s a federated and decentralised social network. Think of it as email, where you can choose your provider, yet talk with almost anyone from anywhere regardless of their choices. The instances on Mastodon give users freedom to find their community, whilst allowing everyone to talk with each other with the level of visibility that they want. The content warning feature makes it safer, and the increased character count makes it far more expressible. It’s what microblogging should have always been.
(Requires a Mastodon account)
I'm constantly evolving and crafting Mast to create the perfect Mastodon app for you. If you have any suggestions or feedback, I'd love to hear it!
Mast is now better than ever.
- Improved availability of content when viewing individual trends
- Devices that support multi-column layouts now display columns with an improved width for easier reading and browsing
- Fixed issue where pulling to refresh within the home timeline or notifications before any content had been loaded would crash the app
- Fixed issue where media content in direct messages would be displayed in a lower resolution than other images
- Fixed issue where text being composed may disappear when scrolled through the composer's thread of replies
- Fixed issue where toots with content warnings and multiple images would have the images overflow over the bounds of the content warning overlay
- Fixed issue where some emoticons wouldn't render in profiles
- Fixed issue where some text may overlap
- Fixed issue where home timelines would sometimes fail to load
- Fixed issue where notifications would sometimes fail to load
- Various minor UI and layout changes
If you have any questions or feedback, please get in touch. Mast 2 was created by an incredibly small team of one and I'd love to hear your thoughts. I'm available through Mastodon @JPEG@mastodon.technology or Twitter @JPEGuin.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Crashes on iPad, notifications broken on iPhone
The app looks great! Best UI in all of the Mastodon apps I have tried. Unfortunately, the app constantly keeps crashing on my iPad (non-Pro) 2018. Logs in fine, but the moment I touched on the hamburger menu icon, it crashed. Upon reopening the app, my feed is blank. No way to get my feed back without reinstalling the app, but the hamburger menu crash still persists.
The app itself works fine on my iPhone 8+, fortunately. But, there is a weird issue with notifications. They show up in the Notification Center on my phone just fine, but they do not show up on the app. I’ve tried to manually sync them, but new ones will not show up. Only notifications that I had at the time I logged in. Logging out and back in again makes newer notifications appear, but this is not ideal.
Developer Response ,
Hey, thank you for the great feedback and insight into what's not working as great as it could be. The iPad app will be redesigned entirely from the ground up in the near future and will contain fixes and better handling of elements. The feed issue should also be fixed for the next update where it refuses to load sometimes. In terms of notifications, this is now resolved for the next update too. Hope this helps!
This should be fixed now.
All the old settings are either gone or locked behind a paywall
No custom emoji
The app is nice and fluid but glitches while refreshing sometimes and there are no custom emoji
- Shihab Mehboob
- 31.6 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 13.0 and watchOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Hindi, Polish, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2020 Shihab Mehboob.
- In-App Purchases
- Lifetime Subscription $15.99
- Monthly Subscription $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.