Math Timer lets parents manage their children's practice of math facts (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division):
• Set up profiles to control the level of difficulty, or focus on trouble spots.
• View a report of all the questions given, with incorrect answers marked, so you can monitor children's progress and adjust the profiles as needed.
• Start quizzes based on a number of questions, or a countdown timer to practice for timed tests.
• View the time spent in the app each day -- perfect if you're requiring a particular amount of practice. The timer pauses when children are inactive so they have to complete their time!
• Set up multiple users to view separate reports for each child.
Here are some advantages compared to other math apps:
• Enter answers by typing on a number pad: more engaging than multiple choice and less error-prone than handwriting recognition
• Set up custom profiles to control which questions are given: select one or more operators, a collection of numbers up to 24, optionally including negative numbers, and an optional restricted set of multipliers for multiplication and division (e.g., to practice only multiples of 9).
• Run 5-minute timed tests: practice for tests in school and check scores to guage progress
• Free to install and use: only make a payment when and if you think the app is helping your child
- Added an Include Negatives option for profiles, to practice arithmetic with negative numbers.
- Updated for iOS 13.
- Fixed a problem that sometimes obscured the daily score from view.
- Fixed a crash when clicking Undo when no answer is entered.
- Fixed an intermittent problem with saving profiles and users.
- Fixed a potential crash in the Tip the Developer window.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A major flaw
I love this app (in theory). I was looking for something that I could add my students to and give them 2 minute timed probes, but it won’t let me add more than one student. I am not able to actually click on the spot that says “Add an item”.
Developer Response ,
Are you clicking the green "+" icon? If that doesn't help, please contact us directly so we can troubleshoot.
- Arlo Leach
- 1.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2018-19 Arlo Leach
- In-App Purchases
- $1 Tip $0.99
- $3 Tip $2.99
- $5 Tip $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.