The McAfee Secure Home Internet for Secure Home Internet enabled ARRIS Wi-Fi Cable Modem models* allows you to quickly and easily setup your ARRIS Secure Home Internet by McAfee system. Secure all your smart devices and keep your family and personal data safe with ARRIS Secure Home Internet by McAfee. Plus, keep up to date with real-time alerts about what’s going on at home.
The app allows you to:
- Protect all devices connected to your network
- Manage client access to your network
- Setup parental controls by user
• Set user profiles based on age and acceptable website access
• Set access times by user
- Receive instant notifications
• From devices trying to connect to your network. And instantly block them!
• Of suspicious activity and allow or block it.
• Of malicious website connection attempts
• Of requests to override a website that’s been blocked via parental controls
- Manage and monitor your network no matter where you are
*Please note: This app works with ARRIS Wi-Fi Cable Modems with Secure Home Internet:
- Updated McAfee Logos
- Support for iOS 11
Ratings and Reviews
It’s straight I guess
Ok so I’m not too sure there was a mistake in buying this router. The app loads way too slow.. I mean like my phone is connected to the WiFi for goodness sake so to be slow with loading is insane. Can’t even try to get in it when I’m not home because I know it just won’t work. This app is not useful. It’s showing 4 other unidentifiable devices but doesn’t list them. The parental controls are Not Easy to understand and the App itself was not simple to set up but once it did it happened in the blink of an eye so I don’t even know how I managed to set up the account. Fix all the bugs please!
1) The clock gets confused at 12:00 AM/PM. If I want to set the access time from 10AM to Midnight, I should be able to select 12:00AM, but I can’t because the app says the end time can’t be before the start time. So I choose 12:00PM, same message. It treats noon and midnight as both AM and PM. I cannot allow access across noon and midnight.
2) Once you set a time, it can’t be edited. Why? You have to delete and add another. If you make an AM/PM mistake, tough, you have to start over.
Warns you of a unknown device connecting but there is no way of knowing which one. Currently I see 29 unidentified devices, but I can’t tell one from the other, I only see the brand or manufacturer, but several devices have the same basic description with no mac address or any other different identifying feature. I can much more effectively manage my network without this useless app. Deleted, done. It was advertised as added security in the router/modem i bought, however I now realize I was duped into buying the router by mcafee selling its name recognition to the modem manufacturer, but it has no functionality
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- ARRIS Group, Inc.
- 107.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- ©2015 ARRIS Group, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.