Be together whenever with a simple way to text, video chat and rally the group.
* SEND A MESSAGE -Skip exchanging phone numbers, just send a message. It's seamless across devices.
* CUT DOWN GLARE WITH DARK MODE. Dark mode is a sleek new look that goes easy on the eyes by switching the background from white to black.
* SHOW YOUR REACTION - Add a silly sticker, send a dancing GIF and use emojis to express yourself better.
* SHARE PHOTOS AND VIDEOS - Capture the moment with the Messenger Camera, add a filter or doodle, then send to friends or share to Stories.
* RALLY THE GROUP - Make plans to get together with polls, share your location, split the bill and more.
* HOP ON A CALL OR VIDEO CHAT - Hang out anywhere, anytime by getting on call or a group video** chat — filters optional :) **Calls are free over Wi-Fi but otherwise standard data charges apply.
* SEND A VOICE MESSAGE - When text just won't cut it, just hit record and send say, sing or shout it out loud.
* SEND MONEY SECURELY AND EASILY (within US, UK and France only) - Send and receive money from friends in the app by adding your debit card or PayPal* account. *PayPal available in the US only.
* SHARE YOUR LOCATION - Suggest a meeting spot or tell friends where you are by sharing your location with just a few taps.
* CHAT WITH BUSINESSES - Easily connect with your favorite businesses to make reservations, get customer support, find deals and more.
* PLAY GAMES WITH FRIENDS - Challenge friends, climb leaderboards, and discover your next gaming obsession.
In this update, you can now see your friends' Messenger Stories right inside your chat thread, and they can see yours, too! Messenger wants you to build better, more meaningful conversations with your friends and family.
Ratings and Reviews
I am disappointed with an option you teased us with and then removed☹️
I am a “voice-to-text” lover and I speak quickly so sometimes Siri can’t keep up and says silly things like earlier today when speaking to an African American friend of mine I SAID “a black eye heals” and Siri WROTE “a black guy’s heels”...and trust me there’s been plenty more funny and inappropriate dictation mistakes. I usually will skim through it before sending just Incase but sometimes when skimming I’ll hit send and after it’s sent I’ll see a terrible mistake... or even worse writing a steamy text to my spouse and realizing (AFTER SENDING) that I sent it to my 15yr old son 🤦🏻♀️OMG seriously was sooo thankful for the “REMOVE” option you had that day for sure...but now I can remove it from me but it’s still visible to to recipient (I would’ve been mortified if my son had read that! Please oh please bring back the remove from both sender and receiver option!🤞🏼 I’ve read other reviews and I know I’m not the only one who misses that function 📝💌📥📨😱🤬🤭🛑📤🚮📵😌👏🏼
This App is horrible.
As in the title, this app has a lot of bugs and it lacks many necessary features. I am only using it because it’s it connects me to my Facebook contacts, if it was an independent texting application, i would have never used it. Why when you add someone to a group, they can read every previous message? Why you can’t delete a message that you have sent (deleting it for the other person)? Why going offline (aka turning off chat) still shows you as “active now” but only with the green dot disappearing, so you are basically telling people “Hey, this person doesn’t want to chat with you”? Why does the video call button starts glowing when both you and the other person are opening the chat tab (so i might be reading an old message and the other person would think that i am stalking)? What about the profile picture bug? If someone (me or my friends) changes their Facebook profile picture, it won’t changes in messenger 99% of the times. Also when going to check pictures in an conversation, they might not load or load slowly. What about the “active 1 minute ago”? It appears always except if i turn the internet off in my device.
All those previous bugs, “features” and other lack of features make the app just horrible. Hope that you fix those bugs and remove those “features” and add other necessary ones.
Facebook Pay took my money for 10 days
Regular messenger user here, have used Facebook to pay friends a few times. The most recent time, I sent nearly $100 to my friend. I hit “send” and logged out of messenger— only hit 1 button and that’s it! Next time I log in I see that because my friend had also requested the money after I sent it, another near $100 was removed from my account. The second sum was taken WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION. I never hit “send” I was not even logged in to see the request come through.
What’s better, my friend never received the second $100, and I (after 7 days now) still have not gotten it back. I reached out to Facebook after 5days because their “help” section suggests waiting 3-5 days for bank transactions (keep in mind that this money should’ve never come out in the first place, now I’m waiting to get it back) and they get back right away with a very unhelpful automated response. After another message I was informed that it could take up to 10 days to get back this money. This is preposterous for a mistake that the platform made, I will never be using Facebook to handle my money again and would highly recommended VENMO to anyone looking to transfer money.
- Facebook, Inc.
- 247.8 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.