MINDBODY Business (formerly Express) lets you stay close to your business and your clients, wherever you are. Sell your products and services, manage your schedule, look up client information, and track your sales for the day—all from your iPad or your iPhone. You can reschedule an appointment while you’re out running errands, or check class rosters when you have a free moment. Whatever your day brings, with MINDBODY Business (formerly Express), you’re always ready.
With the app, you can:
- Sell your products and services, including contracts
- Process credit card, cash, check, or gift card payments, and then email receipts and contract terms
- Browse your schedule of classes and appointments for you and your staff
- Quickly book or sign up clients and then send confirmations
- View and adjust staff availability
- Look up and manage client information, including purchases and visit history
- Reactivate expired passes
- Sign clients in to class and manage waitlists
- Easily cancel a class or substitute a teacher
- Collect signatures and store paperless liability waivers
- Pull up reports to see how your sales are tracking for the day
This app is for businesses that use MINDBODY. Log in with your MINDBODY username and password. For more information, visit our website.
Based on the feedback we received in our new Share Feedback feature, we have been able to fix some issues that you have raised with us. Thank you for the feedback and keep it coming.
What’s new in this release?
• We have added a new widget that is available for fast account switching from the notification center or 3D touch menu.
• On the Settings menu of the More screen, we have added a new setting called “Clear Temporary Data.” Tapping on this will clear cached data for the current session.
• We fixed an issue where a client’s Liability Waiver was being changed to “Agreed by Owner” when client photos were uploaded to the Client’s Profile.
• We added back persistence of the staff selection on Schedule screen for all logged in accounts.
• We also fixed an issue where staff were still showing up in the staff filter screen after they have been deactivated.
Ratings and Reviews
Beware if you use a monthly billing system
Beware if you use a monthly billing system like my studio does (in which clients get a certain amount of sessions per month and expire at the end of the month). Apparently if you make an appointment using the app it will automatically book AND APPLY the session which does not happen when booking on a desktop. This caused us to charge clients at the wrong time of the month and overcharge some clients for sessions they had already paid for. I brought this to the attention of a mindbody tech support person but they did not see the problem in this design. There should be an option as there is on the computer to just book a session and not apply the payment. I could see this feature being useful on the client app but not for the business owner/employee app. I’ve been using mindbody for 7 years now and I’m a little disappointed that this is not seen as an issue and cannot be fixed. I am also annoyed that I cannot use the app anymore to book sessions in the future.
Horrible customer service & bait and switch
I had such high hopes for this app. When I was initially contacted by mind-body all the amazing features that were supposedly offered seemed too good to be true. In hindsight they were. But as an eager consumer ready to offer our customers more I signed up. After laying out the complete requirements from our company to MINDBODY in the beginning seemed like a good match. Only two months into it to find out they cannot do what was sold. So we accommodated what their apps capabilities were and moved forward. Only to find out two months later they cannot do what they initially stated. Now five months down the road we have spent $430 a month for an hour but that is not functional for us. They breached the contract they initial stated. Their reps continually over sell and under deliver. They have the customer do a tremendous amount of work only to tell them they have to go back and redo everything. To top it all off every time you have an issue you never get to discuss it with your rep, you have to email to a non specified email address only to wait up to 2 to 4 days to get to reply. They make you feel like a herd of cattle that occasionally gets to the right department. It is a horrible set up for what could be an amazing app.
Reminders aren’t being sent to clients
This system worked okay when I first started using it; 2 months ago. The last few weeks when I try to change the notification setting to email/text or just text only it goes back to email after I have saved. Some of my clients are still receiving the reminders via text message some have stopped receiving the reminders. In result I have clients text me frantically about their appointment or some have FORGOTTEN and don’t come to their scheduled appointment. My clients really rely on those reminders and is upsetting when I’m loosing money due to YOUR malfunctions. Also, there are a few things that I would like to change. If there is an appointment scheduled with two different names but paying together (brother and sister or mom and child, etc.) it can not be combined on the same ticket. Making the client do more than one transaction. There is also no feature for reoccurring appointments for those who come on specific days or every so often. It helps so that their appointment is already scheduled. Step up your game. If I had the choice I would use a different system but the salon uses this software.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.