Mini Metro, the sublime subway simulator, now on iPhone and iPad.
• Included in the App Store Best of 2016
• Mac Game of the Year in over 30 countries
• IGF award-winning
• IGN Mobile Game of the Year nominee
• Included in Gamespot's Best Mobile Games of 2016
Mini Metro is a game about designing a subway map for a growing city. Draw lines between stations and start your trains running. As new stations open, redraw your lines to keep them efficient. Decide where to use your limited resources. How long can you keep the city moving?
• Random city growth means each game is unique.
• Over two dozen of real-world cities to test your planning skills.
• A variety of upgrades so you can tailor your network.
• Normal mode for quick scored games, Endless to relax, or Extreme for the ultimate challenge.
• Build your metro exactly how you want to with the Creative mode.
• Compete against the world every day in the Daily Challenge.
• Colorblind and night modes.
• Responsive soundtrack created by your metro system, engineered by Disasterpeace.
"If you love the city-planning aspect of Sim City but can't handle the pressure of playing god, then you may have just found your new favorite time-waster." - Ashley Feinberg, Gizmodo
"Take my word for it that a game about mass-transit system design can be a tense, white-knuckle thriller." - Owen Faraday, Pocket Tactics
"Mini Metro: fun game simulates planning and running public transit system." - Cory Doctorow, Boing Boing
The Miniversary Update
Happy Birthday to us! We’ve been lucky enough to bring you ten years of new maps, game modes, and more since Mini Metro was first released in 2013. To celebrate our Miniversary, here’s one of our biggest updates yet! This update includes:
• Three brand-new maps! We’ve brought three of our most popular cities from Mini Motorways and their gorgeous colour palettes to Mini Metro. Another Shinkansen map is yours to enjoy in Tokyo. Or you can carefully traverse the rivers of Warsaw. If you want more than just rivers, the Portuguese coast is yours to explore in Lisbon, a tricky five-line map.
• An all-new photo mode! Export screenshots of your metro networks with decorative frames to show off your unique cities.
• A much-loved feature from Mini Motorways comes to Mini Metro in the form of a new way to capture GIFs. Export colourful animations of your metro networks at any stage in their growth to share with friends or just for bragging rights.
• An update to the text featured in the Miniversary button.
• This update also features various improvements and bug fixes.
If you haven’t played it in a bit, we’ve also brought three Mini Metro maps into Mini Motorways! We’ve dusted them with a bit of Mini Metro magic, too, as each map requires you to build around an existing railroad network with spawning train stations.
Thank you so much for being part of our last ten years and for helping us bring Mini Metro to so many people. We hope to see you around for the next ten years of Mini adventures!
Ratings and Reviews
Build the perfect commute on your next commute with the hypnotic Mini Metro. Strategy buffs and casual gamers alike will enjoy expanding a busy transit system by linking stations, directing trains, and upgrading lines. There’s a thrilling satisfaction in seeing subways come together—and since no two games play alike, we’re always trying out new designs.
Puzzle paradise on rails
The concept of mini metro is so simple that anyone can understand it in less time that it’ll take your next train to arrive. You drag metro lines between different types of stations, in order to allow passengers to move between them. If too many passengers are waiting, your stations overcrowd, ending the game. The process of organizing and rerouting your lines would be relentlessly addictive, but the polish of this app pushes it into a masterpiece.
The rails must take into account water, and the water layouts correspond to real world cities - from Hong Kong to San Francisco to London and the developer’s home of Auckland (which apparently has no real metro) the theming is top notch. Even better is how the UI is expertly crafted to resemble a real metro map, full of colorful lines and simplified shapes. Friends watching me play have asked whether air was seeing some kind of real time map of their city. It’s surreal.
For a casual gamer mini metro is unique in concept and fun. For the puzzle gamer it has depth and presents a gameplay mechanic unlike any other I’ve seen. Overall, a must have.
Play until you lose, repeat
I bought this game because a lot of the reviews describe this as a puzzle solving game. It's not. There's nothing to "solve", all that happens is the number of stations grows at random and without limit until you can't handle them all, and then you lose. Then you play again and do the same thing. Sometimes you lose sooner and sometimes you lose later. That's it. All the different cities play the same, except the "more advanced" ones give you fewer resources to start with so you lose sooner. All the "achievements" just consist of "lose later than point X". Even the "daily challenge" is just "lose as late as you can today!"
Personally, I like actual puzzle games: they progress. If you fail a level, it's the same when you replay it so you can try a different strategy until you solve it. There is a sense of completion and achievement. This game has none of that. If you've played it for 5 minutes, you've seen everything you're ever going to see.
I will agree, at least, with those who have admired the graphics. The look of the game is a lot of fun if you're a transit buff like me. It's a pity the actual game play didn't live up to that.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Dinosaur Polo Club Limited
- 172.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Dinosaur Polo Club Limited
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.