The MLB App – the #1 source for live baseball on your iPhone and iPad – Is the official app of Major League Baseball.
**** MLB APP SUBSCRIPTIONS ****
The MLB App offers two subscription options for its extensive premium features, covering live MLB games from Opening Day to the World Series.
- Yearly recurring fee of $19.99.
- Monthly recurring fee of $2.99.
- MLB.TV All Teams subscribers receive the MLB App's premium features for free.
**** 2020 FEATURES ****
(NOTE: Additional features and functionality will be available in regular app updates throughout the season. Make sure to keep the MLB App updated to take advantage of these as you follow your favorite team and players.)
-- Watch and Listen Live --
• Watch the MLB.TV Game of the Day (subject to blackout restrictions; no subscription required)
• Access your MLB.TV All Teams subscription to watch every out-of-market game (Subscription required)
• Watch in-game highlights (No blackout restrictions; no subscription required)
• Listen to both Live and Archive Home, Away and Spanish-language (where available) radio broadcasts (MLB Audio subscription required)
• Watch 60fps video for unmatched high quality streaming of select live MLB.TV broadcasts
• Watch Condensed Games (MLB Audio subscription required)
• Multitasking split view (select iPads)
• Picture-in-Picture streaming for live video and highlights (select iPads)
• Multi-platform live audio access for MLB Audio subscribers (portable to Mac/PC and to the MLB skill on voice activated platforms with a valid MLB.com account)
• Universal support for MLB Audio subscribers, accessible on iPhone, iPad and other supported smartphones and tablets
• Watch MLB Network programming (pay TV authentication required)
-- Follow Your Favorite Team --
• Enhanced, Gameday pitch-by-pitch features, including realistic ballpark renderings from all 30 MLB parks
• Breaking news, schedules, interactive rosters and player stats for every team
• Sortable batting, pitching and fielding statistics
• Customize your iPhone and iPad screens with MLB Club-branded app icons
• Designated your favorite team to be featured in MLB App's home screen, scoreboard, news and video
• Classic games video archive featuring dozens of baseball’s legendary games
• Search function for all active and historical MLB player cards
• Closed captioning for live video
• Application available in Spanish language, requires device language set to Spanish
Access MLB Audio for $2.99 per month or $19.99 annually. You will be automatically billed $2.99 through iTunes every 30 days or $19.99 every 365 days until you cancel your subscription.
Stream MLB.TV Monthly for $24.99 per month from March through and including October. You will be automatically billed $24.99 through iTunes every 30 days, through and including October, until you cancel your subscription. Your subscription will automatically renew annually on or about March 1 for the then current-year’s regular full monthly price.
Stream MLB.TV Yearly for the introductory yearly price of $121.99. Your subscription will automatically renew annually on the anniversary date for the then-current year’s regular full yearly price. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions can be managed and the auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the iTunes Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
© 2020 MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights used herein are the property of the applicable MLB entity. All rights reserved.
This release includes several notable new features and improvements:
Audio Archives: Users with access to MLB Audio can now listen to any game from the 2018 and 2019 seasons. To access Audio Archives, tap on the headphones icon and then tap on the date at the top of the screen to navigate to a game in the past you'd like to listen to.
News Tab Refresh: The news view on iPhone has received a bit of a face lift, with a new layout that emphasizes getting you into the most important stories more quickly.
Autoplay Video Clips: Video clips in news articles now autoplay. By default, these clips will autoplay muted and tapping on them will enable sound and other controls. Autoplay preferences can be adjusted or disabled in the settings area of the app at any time.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Apple TV 4K crashing to Apple Menu
Lost patience watching on the Apple TV 4K. Can’t start an in progress game from the beginning. Scores will not stay off after I have changed it in settings. The remote won’t pause or play now. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted, until I’m blue. 3rd Gen Apple TV doesn’t crash to the Apple menu but the issue with the remote and not starting from the beginning is the same. I will change my rating once this gets fixed. Ugh!!
Update 7/15: Apple TV 4K - App no longer crashes after an intermittent period of time. Show scores has been fixed and will stay off once changed in settings. An in progress game will now start from the beginning if selected. These are all good signs that things are getting back to where they should be. Next fix that needs to be addressed is making play/pause function. Moving my rating up a few stars for addressing some of the above issues.
Update 8/28: Apple TV 4K is back! Issues have been fixed regarding play/pause (now works). They even addressed voice commands. I can ffwd and rewind by voice. Thanks MLB for these fixes.
App has really gone downhill this season....
Until the 2019 season, I thought this was the best sports app available. This season has seen significant deterioration. The app has become nothing more than a glorified promotional platform for whatever MLB is promoting at the moment. Pay $20 for the ad-free version and you’ll still get ads promoting MLB events and the like. The game recaps have gone from in depth news stories recapping the game, highlighting stories or key outcomes for both teams, to the 2019 approach of offering fluff stories about only one of the two teams, and often only about one play or one player. Also, I would like to see the option to view game scoring summaries without embedded videos- using an on / off switch to toggle videos being included or not. To be fair, this app is still one of the better sports apps - and certainly superior to the NFL and MLS apps in particular, but the app is certainly less excellent than in the past.
Video function fixed; notifications still MIA
UPDATE: I owe MLB half an apology. I hadn’t updated my iOS; I did, and video highlights are fixed. So that one was my fault. However, my next notification about a condensed game will be my first this season. (And I did everything: logged out, uninstalled, restarted iPad, reinstalled app, logged in and redid settings again. I’m now done trying to make this app work the way it’s supposed to.) So we’re up from 2 stars to 3. It’s nice; it just doesn’t do what it should.
When this app works, it’s fantastic. But all year I keep seeing “No highlights currently available.” Uninstalling and reinstalling fixes that problem, but I’m not about to reinstall an app (and log in, and set my preferences) every day. The treatment of condensed games was a mess for several weeks. Now they’re finally showing up in the right place, but I STILL haven’t gotten a single notification all season that a condensed game was ready to watch.
The videos, especially condensed games, are my favorite part of the app. So I’m sure you can understand why I’m miffed. Simply put, a well-conceived app is performing very poorly.
Developer Response ,
Hi, please check for any available software updates on your device. Also, please try to log out of the app, then restart your device and log back in.
- Major League Baseball Advanced Media
- 173 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 and watchOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- MLB Audio Monthly $2.99
- MLB Audio Yearly $19.99
- MLB.TV Premium Monthly $24.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.