Mobile Lactation Consultant is the premier electronic charting and patient health records software for the iPad and iPhone. Lactation Consultants hand their iPad to the client and they fill out their entire health history and sign all documents and consent forms. Clients can also use the web-based client portal to fill out their initial paperwork. Then the Lactation Consultant uses the iPad to record breastfeeding visits, maternal exams, infant exams, billing, create tasks, notes and anything you can possibly think a IBCLC, CLC, CBE or CLE would need to record. IT'S TIME TO GO PAPERLESS!!!
Best of all, Mobile Lactation Consultant does not need to be connected to the internet to work like other web-based EHR solutions do. So if you need to attend a breastfeeding consultation at a home, NO WORRIES! If there is no internet connection the app will work just the same. Later, once an internet connection is detected all of your data will backup to the Mobile Lactation Consultant servers and other users in your practice with different iPads will automatically get updated with the new data you entered!
TOP FEATURES :
• Record all patient information including health history, prior pregnancies, financial information and so much more.
• Record client visits, infant exams, maternal exams, breastfeeding exams, etc.
• Record plan of care and your assessment.
• Record phone conversations, texts, emails
• Reminder system & Track customer billing. View all outstanding balances for all clients.
• Create tasks and assign them to other staff members or yourself.
• Schedule appointments from within Mobile Lactation Consultant on your iPad calendar
• Choose from a full set of built in CPT and ICD codes to help you bill insurance
• New insurance claims feature generates CMS 1500 and UB-04 forms so you can bill insurance directly or electronically
• Print, Fax, Email or export any part of the client record as a password protected PDF!
• NOW you can go PAPERLESS!! Import PDFs and create a document template by dropping text boxes, check boxes and signature boxes wherever needed on the PDF to make it fully interactive. Once you create your document templates your new clients will be guided to sign all of the documents as part of their sign up process after they complete their health history information using only their finger or a stylus.
• Use new sign off feature to lock records
• New Audit features show every single field change, who did it and from what device since the creation of any record
• Login with your finger print instead of typing a password overtime
• Messaging feature records all emails between patient and care provider under client record
• Use new Chat feature to instant message your clients. Message will not wake you at night unless client indicates it's urgent.
• Generate reports on your practice statistics, including number of clients delivered, outcomes and transfer rate.
• Export your data as an Excel spreadsheet so you can utilize it for your own purposes such as reporting to the state, creating your own statistical analysis or tracking any other metric such as average visit duration.
• We are now integrated with lab companies such as Quest, LabCorp, Interpath, RML and many others. Lab results flow seamlessly into your client records saving you time and ensuring that no lab gets forgotten.
• New split screen feature allows for multi-tasking
bug fixes, minor enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Has simplified my charting
MLC has made it much easier to chart consistently and communicate with my clients. It is very convenient to always have client records at my fingertips instead of having to go search through a file cabinet like I did with paper charting.
I do wish I had more success with clients being able to access their record and fill out history in advance. I had so many clients have trouble that I finally stopped trying that feature.
Just adds to the frustration
My lactation consultant had me download this app. I hate it for several reasons:1. The forced use of landscape mode and no scrolling functionality on the login page and throughout the rest of the app makes it really difficult to use on my iphone5s—might not be a problem with bigger models, but should be an obvious fix that was not addressed when I updated the app. 2. When you’re learning the app, it has several pop-ups asking you to review the app which then details any progress you made in the meanwhile.3. It’s not clear in the chat function if/when you will be notified when the consultant replies, so I’ve been checking back in, but that leads to the next glitch...5. When I try logging on, it will just close the app with no explaination. This was not fixed by updating the app. This app has taken the incredibly frustrating experience of breastfeeding and made it even worse (although I didn’t know that was possible...)
Developer Response ,
Landscape mode is required by many apps on the iPhone 5s because it's so narrow. We could permit Portrait but then you would be constantly scrolling horizontally. The Chat feature uses Apple notifications unless you denied the app's request to send you notifications. You can adjust this under the iPhone privacy settings. If the app is closing unexpectedly its because the iOS force closes your apps if you have too many running. The 5s doesn't have a lot of running memory so it's important to close your background apps periodically. We cannot reproduce the issue with the app review popping up more than once. Its actually not a part of our program, its something Apple pops up when the iOS thinks it's appropriate.
I began using MLC when there was not much available for EHRs for IBCLCs. From day one the app has been buggy. There is no manual, no specific training video for a new user, poorly managed official Facebook support group, slow (if any) response to customer concerns, unprofessional responses when you do get them, and a quick dismissive manner in which any and all issues are “user problems”. Well, without proper support on how to manage the app, I would suppose that folks are just trying to do their best.
I can attest to difficulty with the app syncing which is not an issue of “poor internet connection”.
I thankful that there are now many more options for EHRs for IBCLCs. Save time, money and frustration and use another option. Oh and for the record, I am not a fake account or out to prove a point. Michael Daly personally requested that users post reviews and I am happy to do as such.
Developer Response ,
We have had tutorial videos since day one. We offer free demos and unlimited support calls. We also have a banner at the top of the FB group that says to call or email for support questions. This user was using our FB group to post fake issues and promote a competitor system she's affiliated with. She was banned and now she's posting fake reviews. The posters name, "womens rights ibclc" doesn't exist and is as fake as her review.
- Daly Enterprises, Inc
- 82.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2013-2014 Daly Enterprises, Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.