It’s never been more important to protect your iOS device and maintain your online data’s privacy.
Introducing the all new McAfee Mobile Security app! Now with new premium privacy features including Wi-Fi Guard VPN and Find Phone.
McAfee’s Mobile Security software is the ultimate protection for your iOS device. Strengthen your security with System Security Scan, Secure Wi-Fi Scan, Anti-Theft Protection, Media Vault & Contacts Backup.
Recover your lost or stolen device using McAfee’s GPS tracker and Find Phone feature. Use the Wi-Fi scanner for secure browsing on your network and get Wi-Fi alerts if it’s risky.
MOBILE SECURITY’S FEATURES
System Security Scan
Secure Wi-Fi Scanner
Media & Photo Vault
Safe Web (Premium Plan – STANDARD Only)
Unlimited Wi-Fi Guard VPN (Premium Plan – PLUS Only)
System Security Scan
- McAfee’s Mobile Security threat scan detects unsecured Wi-Fi hotspots, Wi-Fi attacks, and out of date Apple iOS.
Secure Wi-Fi Scanner
- McAfee’s free Wi-Fi scanner analyzes networks for security.
- Wi-Fi alerts you when connect to unsecured hotspots.
- Media Vault hides private photos in a locked photo vault behind a secure PIN.
- Protect personal photos and videos.
- Open Media Vault quickly with Touch ID or Face ID.
- Photo sessions are automatically encrypted in the photo vault.
- Find Phone feature for lost devices using a GPS tracker.
- Activate a remote alarm to locate your lost or stolen device. Initiate an alarm from your Apple Watch.
- Improve the chances of locating your lost device by saving your location when battery is low.
- Secure your private media if your device is stolen and use the app to catch the intruder.
- Receive an email with a photo of the intruder and your device's GPS location.
- Remotely wipe contacts and clean your device if your iPhone or iPad is lost or stolen.
- Backup contacts automatically through the McAfee Cloud and recover contacts from your lost or stolen device.
NEW – Premium PLUS Only
Unlimited Wi-Fi Guard VPN
- Unlimited Wi-Fi Guard VPN protection to defend against unsecured public Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Remove geo-restrictions and establish an IP Proxy for secure browsing.
- Maintain web security and access geographically restricted content.
- Browse safely on unsecured public Wi-Fi with a private, secure Wi-Fi hotspot.
- PLUS package comes with all standard and free features.
NEW – Premium STANDARD Only
- Prevent online threats through the secure browsing utility of Safe Web.
- Safe Web alerts you when browsing malicious websites, protects you from phishing or ARP Spoofing and helps to keep your personal data, photos and videos private.
- STANDARD package comes with all free features.
McAfee Mobile Security PREMIUM Info:
- 7-day free trial - no commitment; cancel anytime
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Length of subscription: monthly & yearly
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
COPYRIGHT & TRADEMARK
McAfee, the McAfee logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of McAfee LLC or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries. Copyright © 2019 McAfee LLC
Bug fixes and improved performance.
If you love the new experience, please leave us a review and rate us 5 stars! (5 Stars = Good)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Nice iPhone app that does what it says
This is a well designed app that has a nice look and feel to it, easy to navigate and enough features to make it a worthwhile application to have on your iPhone. No advertising and just an overall low maintenance app that you will forget is installed on your phone until you need it. Some handy features like the Vault where you can “hide” pictures, documents or phone numbers. It does not offer a backup for your phone but does have the ability to encrypt the file you would include in a backup, a feature where it can track a lost iPhone, sound an alarm to help you locate a lost misplaced phone and a neat feature where once the phone battery is critically low, the app sends up to the McAfee Website a location so that way if the battery does die and you have misplaced your iPhone then it could potentially have the last location you may have left the phone. Best of all its free
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks a lot for sharing your feedback. We are really glad you like it :)
Great app! Issues with Apple CarPlay/VPN. Help?
Great app, but I am experiencing issues. I have an iPhone 11 and have the latest version of iOS installed. I am having issues with the McAfee VPN/Web Guard and my Apple CarPlay radio. While everything works fine with the radio (connected via USB), I cannot use Siri if the VPN/Web Guard feature is on. It is extremely inconvenient to have to turn on and turn off the VPN. Especially when I enter a public place where I have previously connected to WiFi and my phone auto-connects to the WiFi connection. An example of my main issue would be something like this: I am driving in my vehicle and I decide to use Siri with the voice control button in my 2020 Kia. I say, “Please call Dad.” Siri will show on my CarPlay radio that it is trying to process my request and then states that, “Siri requires an internet connection.” I am using my Sprint 4G data the entire time while I am driving and the VPN is on. If I turn it off, no problems. I enjoy this app and I am paying $9.99 monthly for it. I would hate to search for other alternatives. Could you please tell me if you know anyways I can resolve this issue? And if not, could McAfee possibly look into fixing this? I’ve searched online and I have seen that many others are experiencing the same problem. Thank you!
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for reaching out. We would like to get more information about the issue you have mentioned. Please check and download if any updates available for the McAfee app. If you are still noticing the same behavior, contact us at service.mcafee.com/contact anytime. We are more than happy to assist.
McAfee App Sent Phishing Message
I received the following alert from the McAfee App, that my Wi-Fi was under threat & I should disconnect - “1 threat found. Scan complete. [(MY WI-FI NAME)] - Your personal info is at risk, Disconnect Now!” I was uncomfortable about this message using my Wi-Fi name in a pop up, so I called McAfee & they were unaware of why this message was sent. That Representative told me that it was a Phishing attempt & to disregard the ‘email’! She sent me to Technical Support, when I explained that this alert came from the App. Tech Support was also unaware of this message, but after speaking to someone, ran me through disconnecting & reconnecting my iPhone from the Wi-Fi. As I have not had Wi-Fi trouble, there was no reconnect issue. But then, the tech told me that my PASSWORD was weak (it is very strong) & that I should change it. This felt fishy to me. I tried to tell the McAfee Tech that they should check to make sure THEIR APP hadn’t been hacked. I did not feel that they understood.
I then called AppleCare to report this. AppleCare does not have an avenue to contact developers about such issues. I am hoping that McAfee will read this review and check their system. I am trying to be helpful here, and I see that someone actually responded to a previous concern.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, Thank you for your valuable feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience that you’ve faced and McAfee will address this at the earliest. Please write to us at Mobile_Support@mcafee.com with your contact details and a convenient time so that one of our representatives will contact you to have this issue addressed.
- McAfee, LLC.
- 126 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 and watchOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 McAfee, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Standard Subscription $2.99
- Monthly Plus Subscription $9.99
- Yearly Standard Subscription $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.