Mona is a Mastodon app packed with customization features. Optimized for VoiceOver. Native design.
• Drag actions into the order you prefer
• Configure actions as swipe options: swipe a post horizontally to perform an action
• Optionally hide some or all action buttons from post cards, while keeping them accessible via context menu, swipe options, keyboard shortcuts, and VoiceOver rotor
• Sync your mute list, user notes, reading positions, drafts, search history, accent colors, and custom app themes across your iPhone, iPad, and Mac, privately and securely
• Optionally disable some features from automatic syncing
• Privately set aliases, notes and username colors for other Mastodon users
• User Notes list: browse, organize and edit all your notes in one place
Game Controller (require iOS 14, iPadOS 14, macOS 11 or a newer system)
• Control the app and browse posts with a compatible game controller, such as a Playstation DualSense/DualShock, Nintendo Switch, Xbox or MFi controller
• Customize button functions via in-app settings
• Set extra functions for Adaptive Triggers on the Playstation DualSense controller
• Mona does not collect any personal information
• Your account tokens are protected by on-device Keychain
• Your network connections to Mastodon servers are protected by HTTPS
Other Mona features:
• Full Screen mode on iPhone let your timeline content fill the entire screen once you start scrolling
• Column View takes full advantage of the big screen on iPad and Mac, shows multiple views at once and allows you to navigate between views fluently and efficiently
• Check recent posts on your home screen or notification center with widgets
• Search posts on the Timeline
• Adjustable text spacing
• Adjustable and adaptive text sizes
• Option to display post source on timeline (e.g. Mona for Mac)
• Share a post as picture
• Open multiple windows on iPad and Mac
• Customizable text translation experience
• Automatic video and GIF playback on timelines
• Supports changing app icon on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
• Turn on/off content scaling on Mac for extra screen estate or sharper text
• Autocomplete for post composer
• Push notifications
• Mona Pro and Mona Pro Max available as one-time in-app purchases, with 14-day free trial
Tab Bar (Mona Pro feature)
• Pin your frequently visit pages to the tab bar
• Drag tabs into the order you prefer
• Rename your tabs
• Change your tab icons (more than a thousand of icons for you to choose)
• Show/hide tab names and button shapes
Accent Color (Mona Pro feature)
• Configure different Accent Colors for Light and Dark mode
• More than 10 built-in colors for you to choose
• Design and set custom colors
Theme Editor (Mona Pro feature)
• Customize the app’s color scheme
• Design and set custom themes for Spring
• Advanced color settings allow you to fine-tune colors for different level of views
• Export and share your custom themes
• Import custom themes shared by other people
Font Customization (Mona Pro feature)
• Configure different fonts for body text and headings
• Select from a variety of build-in fonts
• Supports custom fonts installed by third-party apps
Other Mona Pro features:
• Full-featured post composer: write longer posts, attach pictures and videos, and create polls
• More post actions: including favorite, repost, quote post, add bookmark, and translate
• Add multiple accounts: you can also opt to favorite, repost, quote post, or follow using a non-current account
• Filter and mute: filter timelines based on post category and content; hide posts with certain words; hide posts from certain people
• Customize push notifications based on notification category
• Export and import settings: easily transfer your custom settings between multiple devices
• Mastodon: @MonaApp@mastodon.social
• Email: theSpringApp@gmail.com
• Fixes a crash and a high memory usage issue when displaying super long posts
• Solves an issue where Share extension may occasionally stop working
Ratings and Reviews
Most Up to Date and Feature Supporting App for Mastodon
I’ve been using this app since the beta-only stage and it’s always been on the cutting edge of Mastodon support. It has stayed that way with frequent updates. As the developer stresses, it’s very customizable allowing the user to control what features are displayed and where in addition to general appearance. I prefer to leave almost everything as default except for hiding all controls when reading. It’s great! I also customized the swipe actions to quickly call translation for multilingual support. Mona syncs timeline, notifications, and many settings across your devices and supports macOS natively. Yes, it’s a paid app but well worth the one-time cost for folks who are serious about taking advantage of all the Fediverse has to offer.
Great app, but need some slight work with voiceover.
I had to call Apple accessibility so that I could get a little assistance visual wise with this app. When you find a persons profile, their picture, along with their followers, who they follow, and the follow button are all in one box. Voiceover is not able to read the follow button. You have to swipe left to the more button, then swipe right to the send a request button to the follower you want to follow. When you turn, voiceover off, the button shows up as blue. When you turn voiceover on the button shows up as gray. Voiceover is not reading this. Other than that small complaint, this app is very good. I recommend it to anyone who wants to use this app.
Absolutely fantastic--both dev and app
When Musk took over Twitter, I knew it wouldn't be long before the place became an even more horrible cesspool, so I migrated to Mastodon.
While Mastodon's basic browser interface is fine if you were used to Twitter's regular interface, the advanced interface with columns left a lot to be desired.
I tried five or six apps that gave features I used to rely on in Tweetdeck, but each of them had design issues that were too glaring to ignore.
Until Mona. Participating in the beta showed me that the dev knew how to make a solid, sleek interface on both mobile and desktop to cater to almost every need you could have. There's SO MUCH CUSTOMIZATION HERE! And not once--even during beta--have i had crashes or errors (save for an error that is on Mastdon's side, not Mona's).
If you want columns, you got 'em. If you don't, you don't have to! Everything from URL colors to icon order and text font is customizable. And the beta showed that the dev is quick to respond to anyone's needs.
Seriously, give Mona a try before anything else, and I'd bet you'll fall in love.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Junyu Kuang
- 35.6 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Game Controller
- Recommended The developer, Junyu Kuang, designed this game to be played with a controller for the best experience.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2023 Junyu Kuang. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Mona Pro Max $19.99
- Mona Pro Max (14-day trial) $0.00
- Mona Pro for iPhone $11.99
- Upgrade to Mona Pro Max $8.99
- Mona Pro for Mac $11.99
- Mona Pro for iPad $11.99
Play this game with your favorite compatible controller.
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.