Learn to read sheet music and improve your sight-reading skills with Music Tutor. Develop your speed and accuracy in reading sheet music by identifying music notes in timed sessions. Choose to practice with notes in treble, bass and alto clefs in timed or untimed sessions. After each test, you can review your mistakes and see your progress.
Other features of Music Tutor include:
• Custom Practice Range - Set your own range of notes that you want to practice with.
• Supports notes up to 4 ledger lines above or below the staff on any of the clefs.
• Notes Reference Charts - For Treble, Bass and Alto clefs.
• MIDI Support - Connect your keyboard or digital piano using Lightning to USB Camera Adapter and respond directly from your instrument.
• Companion Apple Watch app using which you can practice recognising music notes on the go.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I appreciate the simplicity of helping students learn notes while making it fun, like a game. The one thing I would love to have is a keyboard that has more octaves. That would really take it to the next level. I use my iPad with it, and it would be great if you could also have it turn into landscape mode with a keyboard with several octaves.
Good, but there are better apps out there
I used this app to train myself to quickly recognize notes on the staff. It was useful but it has its limitation, like not being able to train yourself to look ahead. After searching around, I now prefer Note Trainer and don’t use this app anymore
I'm glad this app has a better icon that i can stand to look at.
Though, there needs to be landscape orientation support for the notes reference. So the references can be viewed in landscape. It's hard to view it smushed in a protrait view.
Other then that this app has improve much over the years. I use Note Trainer as well but is nice to have a simple and quick app like this handy.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.