Our secure app makes managing your HSA, FSA or HRA easy, whether you’re on the go or at home. Real-time access and intuitive navigation provide you access to your important account information when you need it!Powerful features of the app include:
Easy, Convenient & Secure
• Login is easy with Face ID or Touch ID or you use your same username and password for the member website
• No sensitive account information is ever stored on your mobile device
Connects You with the Details
• Check available balances and view transactions
• Task bar indicates action items such as a claim requiring a receipt
• View HSA investment transactions and performance
• Use the Expense Scanner to check to see if an item is an eligible expense
Provides Additional Time-Saving Options
• Make an HSA contribution or a distribution
• Take a picture of a receipt and save for when you need to provide documentation
• Pay bills from any account and add a new payee
• File a claim towards your medical FSA and HRA
• Report a debit card as lost or stolen
• Click to call Customer Service
• Use the new Receipt Organizer to quickly upload and store for future use
• Enhanced Claim Summary page displays plan name and approved amount
• Easily access account charts and graphs in the new Account Overview section
Ratings and Reviews
Major step in the right direction
Clearly the first major app update for this product, and overall not bad. Simple, yet efficient. I like the click to call feature to go right to the automated system to speak to a rep. Claim information is posted just fine and gives the full description of the claim approved or denied. Also like the implementation of certain areas of the app taking you to the mobile version of the website. Would recommend finding a way to have the app auto-log you in to your account from the app. Not sure why people complain about the auto-lockout and having to re-enter info. Practically all major financial institutions have time limits of how long you can be on there without touching anything. Its to protect the most sensitive info you have. It's not going to burden your day reentering your info. Touch ID will eventually come to the app, but that requires funding to work with Apple. Would be a nice feature for some clients, but it's not the end all-be all for logins.
Good start but needs work
I will start by acknowledging that BOA has provided an app to support their management of FSA accounts - and for that they get are you positive rating.
The ability to take pictures of receipts and upload them to a claim is a positive.
However the design could be improved upon to make the information more valuable.
For instance: It would be good to see a statement like summary of claims showing the status of the claim as pending, paid, or awaiting doc. Currently you have to go in to each claim to see the status or go to a different screen to see items paid.
Another enhancement would be to allow the printing or exporting of information on claims and payments.
On the uploading of receipts it would be good if the user had the option of taking a picture of the receipt or attaching an image already taken.
Hopefully someone at Bank of America is looking at the reviews and considering some needed enhancements.
Developers stepped it up
It looks like the app is using the new and increasingly popular Flutter framework to make their app, which is leading to a nicer looking UI and responsiveness in the app. It still doesn’t feel very mature compared to the BoA’s main banking app, but it’s a step in the right direction.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.