Bank conveniently and securely with the Bank of America® Mobile Banking app for U.S.-based accounts.
Manage Your Bank Accounts and Finances
• Review activity and balances in checking, savings and credit card accounts
• View mortgage, auto loan and other account balances
• Activate or replace credit/debit cards
• Order checks
• Set app alerts to be notified of important account info
Mobile Money Transfer
• Securely send and receive money with Zelle® using a mobile number or email address¹
• Transfer funds between your Bank of America accounts
Mobile Bill Pay
• Schedule/edit/cancel payments
• Pay eBills
• Add/edit Pay To accounts
Mobile Check Deposit
• Simply take photos of checks to deposit them
• Immediately see the processing deposit in your account²
Erica, your virtual financial assistant³
• Ask Erica to find transactions, pay bills and more
• Get valuable alerts, helpful insights and financial guidance
Contact Us Easily
• Quickly reach a representative for help or questions with your accounts
• Schedule an appointment to meet with a specialist
• Find ATMs and financial centers
Special Offers & Deals
• Get cash back with BankAmeriDeals® when you use your eligible Bank of America credit/debit cards
• Get exclusive credit card offers
Help Stay Secure
• Change Online ID or Passcode
• Set up Touch ID® / Face ID® to securely sign in
• If fraudulent activity is suspected on your debit or credit card, we'll notify you
• With our Mobile Banking Security Guarantee, you’re not liable for fraudulent transactions when reported promptly⁴
See the Online Banking Service Agreement at bankofamerica.com/serviceagreement for more information. Mobile carrier message and data rates may apply.
¹ Transfers require enrollment and must be made from a Bank of America consumer checking or savings account to a domestic bank account or debit card. Recipients have 14 days to register to receive money or the transfer will be canceled. Dollar and frequency limits apply.
² Deposits are subject to verification and not available for immediate withdrawal. Other restrictions apply.
³ Erica only listens or speaks when you tap the microphone and retains interactions to optimize your experience. Erica speaks aloud and hears and responds to all voices, so consider where you interact by voice.
⁴ You’re not liable for fraudulent Mobile Banking transactions when you notify the bank within 60 days of the transaction first appearing on your statement and comply with security responsibilities.
All features may not be available in iPad.
Zelle and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.
FICO is a registered trademark of Fair Isaac Corporation.
iPhone, iPad, Touch ID, and Face ID are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
Bank of America and related trademarks are trademarks of Bank of America Corporation
Bank of America, N.A. Member FDIC
• New Erica insights, including notifications for merchant refunds
• Ability to submit merchant billing disputes and track status of claims
• Benefits OnLine® clients can now view their retirement account balances after they’ve linked from the website
Ratings and Reviews
New ‘Bill Pay’ is Horrible
The new Bill Pay section is poorly designed trash that has ruined the app experience. Not only is it ugly, it does a poor job of visually integrating with the rest of the app. Clunky and unintuitive, to now make an online payment you must sift through multiple screens, making multiple clicks—all of which is very confusing to the consumer. You now also have to manually assign a “pay by” date to complete the process which is terribly annoying. (The default should be set similar to the pre-updated version that automatically sets the earliest possible date for you. But, still allow a user to manually set their own “pay by” date if needed.) Overall, the former Bill Pay was MUCH easier to utilize and MUCH nicer to look at.
To add to the problems, we no longer have the ability to delete old “Pay To” accounts from within the app the way we could previously. Another oversight.
BOA has definitely taken steps backwards with this update. If I had to guess, budget cuts forced BOA to begin implementing new app updates via internal junior-level design team, rather than outsourcing to a professional UI/UX firm. As a result, this update has a “beta” feel displaying poor form, function and usability. Really embarrassing for a big bank.
The notification button is insanely annoying
I am not sure why the notification button needs to be out on its own on the upper left side of the screen. Every time when the app reacts slowly (which happens a lot actually), I will click the exit screen multiple times. And when the app actually reacts, it always takes me to the notification screen, which will first ask me if I want to customize or quick setup. Once I selected either, a notification window will pops out to ask if I want to change my iPhone notification setting before I can finally get to the screen to exit. The most ridiculous thing is that the every time I click, it will spin forever till it reaches the next stage. The whole process will take me forever and I cannot exit till I get to the notification screen.
I have already set up my notification setting when I first opened online banking. I am not sure why BoA is so obsessed with notifications that it has to be a standalone button on the main page and I have to reset so many times. It’s completely useless and if I really need to change, it should be done within setting, not its own button. I manage bank accounts for my entire family and have multiple bank/brokerage apps. Nothing frustrates me more than this. That space on the app should be reserved for something far more important than notification setting and should be something easy to get out if you accidentally click on it, given that’s where you exit the page before.
Online banking with Bank of America
So far, over the last 10+ years, I have no complaints a with anything that I have called the bank about. The personnel that have assisted me have been both professional, knowledgeable and very helpful. This has been both in person and over the phone various times over the last 10+ years.
I have used billpay at work and at home thru Suntrust Bank, Wells Fargo and small local banks. Bank of America has the easiest online billpay to navigate.
Once you realize that certain features have to be accomplished on a laptop or desktop computer for security, it’s a whiz to use a cell phone or iPad, etc. to do your online banking, including deposits of checks.
I am one of the older seniors (73 years old) who is very adept with computers, although most people assume that if you’re over 60 you don’t know how to use a computer, nor are you able to learn.
I just call BofA support anytime there’s a change and I don’t want to spend the time to navigate the new feature and I’m helped within 5 to 10 minutes.
- Bank of America
- 422.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Bank of America Corporation
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.