The myPhonak app offers you a remote control functionality which allows you to adjust not only the volume and program but other advanced hearing aid settings such as noise reduction and microphone directionality. You can also have access to the Enhanced Speech Focus* slider, which allows you to change the strength of the new noise canceller.
* Only available in Phonak Audéo™ P90 (Paradise) devices
The app also enables you to communicate with your HCP and have your hearing aids adjusted remotely and in real-time through Remote Support**. Your HCP can also test your hearing directly through your hearing aids ***. Not only this but your HCP can also send you listening tasks to complete and provide feedback to help you get acclimatized to your hearing aids through Hearing Diary**. Your HCP can also make adjustments to the hearing aids based off the received feedback. Tap Control settings can be configured in the app and other information such as access status like state of the battery charge, wearing time and more.
** Speak to your HCP to see if this service is offered in your country
*** This doesn’t replace a diagnostic audiological test
The myPhonak app empowers you to:
- adjust the volume, change program or ambient balance while streaming or tinnitus noiser intensity of your hearing aids
- personalize and customize your hearing programs by making adjustments to the sounds of your hearing aids
- access the Enhanced Speech Focus where adjustments to the new noise canceller can be made
- save your adjustments in the app so you can use them at any time
- access to status information like battery state of charge and wearing time for rechargeable hearing aids
- configure Auto On when out of charger for rechargeable hearing aids
- change Bluetooth Codec configuration for HFP calls
- configure Tap Control settings for Paradise hearing aids
- get your hearing aids adjusted by your hearing care professional in real-time and remotely
- see and talk with your hearing care professional during your remote fitting session
- have your hearing tested remotely via your hearing aids
- experience your new adjustments and give immediate feedback during the remote session
- send feedback and communicate via messages with your hearing care professional about your listening experience
- complete listening tasks with and without your hearing aids to help acclimatize to your hearing aids
- Phonak Audéo™ P (Paradise) ****
- Phonak Naida™ P-UP/PR (Paradise) ****
- Phonak Audéo™ M (Marvel)
- Phonak Bolero™ M (Marvel)
- Phonak Virto™ M (Marvel)
- Phonak Naida™ M-SP (Marvel)
- Phonak Naida™ Link M (Marvel)
- Phonak Brio™ 4
- Phonak Brio™ 3 R-C *****
- Phonak Audéo™ B-Direct *****
**** Release dates vary by country. Contact your hearing care professional (HCP) for availability.
***** without advanced remote control features.
myPhonak app can be used on phones with Bluetooth® Low Energy capability running iOS Version 12 or newer.
If you want to check if your smartphone is compatible, please visit our compatibility checker: https://www.phonak.com/com/en/support/product-support/compatibility.html
The myPhonak app is compatible with Phonak hearing aids with Bluetooth® connectivity.
IOS is a trademark of Cisco, Inc.
Bluetooth® is a trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such mark by Sonova AG is under license.
This new version includes support for latest firmware updates for Audéo™ P (Paradise) and Naida™ P (Paradise).
Thank you for using myPhonak!
Ratings and Reviews
Constant “Internal error” messages when trying to tweak a customized program
1) Like many other reviewers, it is annoying when a call or text or anything switches the program back to Automatic.
2) But the real hassle is once I’ve saved a customized program, if I go back in to try and tweak the settings for that program (or even just to look at its settings) I get “Internal error We are sorry, something unexpected happened. Please restart your hearing aids, reset your Bluetooth connection and try again.” Following those instructions does not help. Searched the web and it said to do all of that but also uninstall and reinstall the app. This of course loses all customized programs and I have to start over. I’ve done this 3-4 times and it seems to resolve it until the next time I close the app and then start the app again later... Then trying to view or tweak any customized program again starts throwing the “Internal error” message all over again.
3) Having the app constantly return to the Automatic program (see #1 above) wouldn’t be so bad if I could customize the Automatic program. But you can’t do that. If you customize Automatic, you always have to save it under a new program - you cannot overwrite the settings for Automatic.
Developer Response ,
We'd like to help clarify a particular behaviour of the app which can cause the program to change automatically: Whenever a Bluetooth Classic connection occurs (for example: music streaming, phone calls, TV connection, or alerts/touch sounds if these have not been deactivated in your phone settings) the app automatically switches to the Bluetooth streaming program. When a Bluetooth Classic connection automatically ends, your hearing aids will revert to only the programs that it has been fitted with. Settings that were created in the app (including the preset programs from the app) are not fitted in your hearing aids, which is why the program automatically reverts back to Automatic instead. Important to note, there is no activation chime sound in your hearing aids to indicate the automatic change of programs. Here are some suggestions for you to either reduce or eliminate the occurrences of the program automatically reverting to Automatic: 1. Choose only the programs that have been fitted to your hearing aids 2. Turn off all touch-sounds and audible alerts or other Bluetooth Classic connections in your phone settings 3. Ask your hearing care professional to fit your custom or preset programs to your hearing aids The advantage of having your own custom settings fitted as custom programs by your hearing care professional is that they will remain stored in your hearing aids, which means that even if you delete the app you will not lose the fitted settings. Our developers are already aware and working on finding solutions for saving your own custom-made settings more permanently in the future. If these clarifications don't help to explain the behaviour that you are seeing, please let us know by pointing out how it differs so that we can look into it further for you. Kind regards, Your Sonova Apps Team
Ok but could be better.
First of all, I would like to say that this hearing aid, the Phonak Marvel, has by far the best T-coil sound I have used. I am a pharmacist and spend a lot of time on the phone. However, this review is about the app not the aid. The ability to adjust the volume on the external microphone in t-coil is no longer available and after contacting Phonak support directly I was told that it could be adjusted by manually tapping the hearing aid buttons. This works well and has helped much. I would like to see that function return to the app control. Also, I am another patient that would like to be able to change programs from my iWatch. I looked at the remote and the draw back there is that you have to toggle through all the programs to get from one mode to another. Another suggestion for Phonak, make the remote like the first Phonak hearing aid I bought in 2003. It had a separate button for TV, t-coil, normal mode, as well as a volume button. I jump back and forth from normal to t-coil probably 3-4 times an hour at work.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your feedback, we'll pass your remarks on to our development team.
Hearing Aids Will Not Stay Connected to Blue Tooth on IPhone 12 Pro Max
Several issues with the app but lets talk about Blue Tooth connectivity. It worked for awhile and then I had frequent issues with the connectivity. First I’d be driving down the road and the phone would be switching back and forth from the car’s blue tooth phone connection to the hearing aids when I was on a phone call. It should be noted that I use the car’s speaker phone rather than my paired blue tooth hearing aids.
Next the connectivity from my hearing aids to my cell phone not will say “connected” for 5-10 seconds and then “not connected.” I asked one of your customer service people how to fix the problem and was very displeased with the answer which was “Well when Apple sends out updates it does this and you have to delete the app, reload it from the app store and then go through the process of pairing the device, etc, and redo your settings. I must have done that at least 15 times, five with the latest trouble which still hasn’t been resolved. I have multiple apps on my IPhone and this is the one where I have problems. Why doesn’t Phonak send out updates and fixes?
I won’t even begin to tell you about the issues I’ve had, when the app is actually working, with it kicking me off my personal the settings on the volume.
Developer Response ,
We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced Please check this link to learn more about switching Phonak hearing aids to the car speaker: https://product-support.phonak.com/s/article/Switching-from-Phonak-hearing-aids-to-the-car-speaker?language=en_US
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sonova AG
- 72.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2021 Sonova AG
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.