Safe rides off campus
Ride safe with the Northeastern RedEye escort service powered by Via. Get reliable service from the Northeastern University Snell Library to your off-campus residence within a 2-mile radius.
Just download the Northeastern RedEye app today, book your seat and get home safe! It is as easy as click, reserve, go.
Note: In order to ride with RedEye you will need to enter your phone number.
Book a ride and our powerful algorithm matches you with a premium vehicle that will pick you up at Snell Library. Northeastern RedEye is a new model of on-demand transport - a technology-enabled vehicle that provides a quick, convenient and safe trip off campus.
Areas we serve:
- 2-mile radius from Snell Library
How does Northeastern RedEye work?
- Northeastern RedEye is an on-demand travel concept that takes multiple passengers heading in the same direction and books them into a shared vehicle. Using the Northeastern RedEye app, input your address and we’ll match you with a vehicle going your way. We’ll pick you up at the designated pick-up zone at Snell Library and drop you at the doorstep of your off-campus residence. Our smart algorithms provide journey times that are comparable to a taxi and much more convenient than other modes of travel.
How long will I wait?
- You'll always get an accurate estimate of your pick-up ETA before booking. You can also track your minibus in real time in the app.
How many passengers will I share a vehicle with?
- RedEye specializes in shared-rides, so you will share a ride home with other Northeastern students who are traveling in a similar direction. You will be able to book a ride for yourself and one guest.
Try this new on-demand transport app that is guaranteed to change the way that you think about traveling. We look forward to you seeing you on your next journey. Just click and go!
Love our app? Please rate us! Questions? Email us at ContactNUPD@northeastern.edu.
Ratings and Reviews
My experience with this shuttle has been an absolute nightmare. It takes upwards of 3 hours to book sometimes, and when I finally do, the drivers do sketchy things and make me end up waiting another hour on top of it. It’s 3 AM, I’ve been studying for an exam for hours and just want to get home safely. My shuttle driver has been parked by some playground on Mission Hill “7 minutes away” for the last 30 minutes. This is not the first time this has happened with said driver so I know it’s not some extenuating circumstance.
takes hours to get a ride- if you’re lucky
As someone who has relied on the RedEye service for the last couple years, this app has caused many hours of distress and lost sleep due to the inability to book a ride for extended periods of time. The drivers for the most part are fantastic but the new app has serious issues that I hope can be fixed before it snows. As a backup maybe they can provide sleeping space at Snell?
It’s a Wednesday night at 11:45 and I’ve been attempting to schedule a ride home for the last hour and a half to no avail. App keeps stating that all the seats are all full. I find it astonishing that the school can’t figure out a way to make this service more efficient and dependable.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Via Transportation, Inc.
- 108 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Via Transportation, Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.