Having trouble planning your day, managing your to-do list, and organizing your notes? Always jumping between apps and losing track of what to do and where you put things?
Say hello to NotePlan!
NotePlan lets you manage everything in one place: your tasks, notes, and calendar.
Perfect for project managers, designers, researchers, writers, students, or anyone who wants to be organized and efficient.
QUICKLY PLAN YOUR DAY WITH MARKDOWN
• Plan your day by seeing your calendar, notes, and tasks in a single view
• Create tasks and notes quickly with Markdown
• Add #tags to organize tasks and notes
• Use @mentions to find people
• Reschedule to-do items easily
• Create flexible recurring tasks
• Work faster with autocomplete
BUILD YOUR NETWORK OF NOTES
• Create your own network of notes
• Organize any way you want to: from simple folders over P.A.R.A. to a Zettelkasten system
• Bi-directional notes: link your calendar and your notes in any direction, automatically
• Cross-reference and link notes easily
STAY ON TOP OF THINGS WITH REVIEW
• Search all tasks and notes, instantly
• See all open tasks with the click of a button
• Get a list of overdue to-do items
• See upcoming tasks at a glance
• Create custom filters with your own queries using status, #tags, @mentions, or even text
SEAMLESS INTEGRATION WITH YOUR CALENDAR
• Create events and reminders right in NotePlan
• Support for iCloud, Google, and Exchange calendars
• Time-block tasks on your calendar simply by typing
AVAILABLE ON MAC, IPHONE & IPAD
• Sync everything between your Apple devices
• Use any sync method you like: CloudKit or iCloud Drive
• A single subscription for all your devices
OPEN, PRIVATE & FAST
• All your notes are stored in plaintext so you're never locked in
• Your information is private and cannot be accessed
• Enjoy lightning speed thanks to local files and native apps
ANY THEME YOU WANT
• Choose from a variety of built-in themes
• Work with light or dark versions
• Create your own custom theme
SHORTCUTS FOR MAXIMUM SPEED
• Extended Markdown syntax support with customization options
• Move around without ever leaving the keyboard
• Find everything with the Global Command Bar
NotePlan is developed independently and prioritizes user features and requests. We have long-term roadmaps and listen to customers to improve the apps.
- - - - -
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. After purchase, manage your subscriptions in App Store Account Settings.
$6.99 USD monthly, includes a two-week free trial
$59.99 USD annually, includes a one-month free trial (save 22%)!
$99.99 USD annually business class, includes a one-month free trial
- - - - -
Learn NotePlan course: https://noteplan.eo.page/newsletter
• In the preferences, click on "Plugins" to learn more! Download official plugins or extend NotePlan's functionality with your own plugins.
• Download plugins on Mac and they will be synced to the iOS version.
• Rendering of custom themes improved in backlinks and search results.
• Added the theme "Apple Dark" with original system dark mode colors and some extras like "* !! flagged tasks", ~~strikethrough~~, and ~underline~.
• The search results and backlink font size is adapted to the body font size.
• Tabbing in plain text changed, so you can insert tabs in the middle of plain text. This allows you to build simple tables like a habit tracker.
• All icons used throughout the app updated.
• Create new notes always in the folder of the currently opened note (Mac and iPad). Also when following [[links]] which have no existing note yet.
• Added sort option "Sort Folders Above Notes" (in the menubar under "View" > "Sort By"). If you turn it off, you can sort notes above folders.
• Right-click added to date navigation to open a day in a new window or show the events. A single click will always open the day now.
• Collapse All Folders option added (Option+CMD+/) on Mac.
• When renaming a folder by adding a "." or "/" anywhere, like "1. inbox", it split up and created two folders.
• Deleting a folder from outside NotePlan (i.e. from Finder/Files app) was not detected.
If you are happy with the app, please rate it, or even leave a review. This is a great way to support us indie developers. Thanks a lot!
Ratings and Reviews
Great app with an exciting future!
I used to manage my notes and tasks in another app whose name I won't mention here. It served a lot of my needs well, but over the years, I started to need a bit more. However, and in spite of the fact that they had a full team together, the pace of their development began moving at a glacial pace. After looking around a bit, I found Noteplan and I'm in love. It comes with all of the features I believe should be standard in a note-taking app this day and age, and it even adds some exciting features I didn't even know would be helpful. What's most important, however, is that Noteplan's developer seems to take his app very seriously and has singlehandedly added new and impressive features to Noteplan on a consistent basis. I'm glad to be on Team Noteplan and I look forward to what comes next!
Developer Response ,
You joined the winning team ;)
Haha, thanks for your awesome review!
*Responding the the Developer Response:*
I want to report back that i am in fact using the CloudKit sync option on across devices. I also happen to notice the that mentioned sync issue is also raised by others in your app review by zverhope and gop1334. I am not sure if this is your way to deflect the problem or a way to buy time in resolving the limitation and app maturity. I second my voice with the other reviewers on fixing the aforementioned issues. Thanks for the response and looking forward to a real fix!
Poor technical implementation, the app in itself shows great concept on the productivity category. However, a lot of the sync, sort feature are actually rather basic. Mentioning a few of the annoying parts of the application, among them: new notes is only in a single designated location, inconsistency sync between devices bringing old folder structures and notes back, lag from url pasting and other daily qualm. From an expectation point of view for a productivity app, this app just make it annoying for the user once they invested time into it.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review!
Sorry that you are not satisfied with the features. There are tons of feature requests and I need to prioritize which are the most popular ones. The sort functionality and choosing where to store your files are unfortunately not at the top of the list. Regarding sync, it sounds you have used the Dropbox option which is in "beta" and I kept it only in the app due to requests. Please use CloudKit or iCloud Drive. They don't have such problems.
Pasting an URL has a lag because it needs to load the website and find the "title" attribute. You can alternatively turn it off in the preferences under "markdown" and the lag is gone.
Do you have any other points I could address? I encourage you to reach out to email@example.com or share your troubles in our Subreddit (reddit.com/r/noteplanapp).
An amazing app with a great developer behind it
I used NotePlan 2 and then stopped because there were some things it wasn't doing for me. NotePlan 3 has filled those gaps, and now I'm back!
This is a great tool for keeping track of all your things: Todo/task list, meeting notes, external brain, etc. Since everything is in Markdown, it's also easy to work with via other tools if you need, so it's very extensible.
And the support for NotePlan is unique. Eduard is a responsive, friendly person who will work with you to help get things worked out! I've never had the types of conversations I've had with Eduard with any other paid app. It's like I'm a real person and not just a "customer" or "user".
Developer Response ,
Awesome, thanks, I appreciate your review!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Eduard Metzger
- 33.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 - 2021 Eduard Metzger
- In-App Purchases
- Personal Monthly $6.99
- Personal Annual $59.99
- Business Class $99.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.