Create gorgeous spreadsheets with Numbers for Mac. Get started with one of over 30 Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator, and more. Add tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the flexible canvas. As soon as you start typing a formula, you'll get instant suggestions and built-in help for hundreds of powerful functions. Animate your data with interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts. Easily filter through large tables. Find patterns and trends using pivot tables. Automatically format cells based on numbers, text, dates, and durations with conditional highlighting.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a spreadsheet at the same time on Mac, iPad, iPhone, and even on a PC
• Share your spreadsheet publicly or with specific people, see who’s currently in the document with you, and view other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• See a list of recent changes in collaborative spreadsheets, including when people join, comment, and make edits
• Available for spreadsheets stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Get quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
• Import and edit Comma Separated Values (CSV) and tab-delimited text
• Quickly open password-protected spreadsheets using Touch ID on supported Macs
• Place tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the flexible canvas
• Add and resize multiple tables on a single sheet
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Add an interactive image gallery to view a collection of photos
• Insert photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
• Enhance your spreadsheets with a library of over 700 editable shapes
Formulas for everyone
• Choose from hundreds of powerful functions, including XLOOKUP and RegEx
• Get function suggestions as soon as you start typing a formula
• Search the integrated function browser for built-in help and sample formulas
• Get live formula results, error checking, exact value, and cell format with the new smart cell view
• Easily add stock information to spreadsheets
• Add your favorite functions to Quick Calculations for instant results
Everything adds up beautifully
• Use Pivot Tables and Smart Categories to see your data in a whole new way
• Quickly organize and summarize tables to gain new insights
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts, including bar, column, line, area, pie, donut, and radar charts
• Animate data with interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Automatically highlight cells based on rules for numbers, text, dates, and durations
• Easily filter through large tables for specific values, text, or duplicate entries
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, checkboxes, pop-ups, and star ratings
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, and from a Mac or PC browser at iCloud.com
• Numbers automatically saves your spreadsheet as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, TSV, PDF, and Microsoft Excel
• Use AirDrop to send your spreadsheet to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail or Messages
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
• Bring new dimension to your spreadsheets with 3D objects in USDZ format
• Remove external borders on charts imported from Microsoft Office files
Ratings and Reviews
Gettin it perfect
I started working in BASIC when the 1st computers arrive to the market, I was coding allotte but xcell chaged all and since that moment I used on different computers but apple changed all with Number, I can see the dedication, precision, quality that the team put on it. I do all my work on it and I can't use all the functions, I changed my large screen and confortable computer for this little MacBookAir and I do all I can have all in my Iphone very good work team!
The bad is that apple not you Team continue continue taking without authorization our information. They use other Team to do the bad stuff. That make apple lower their ratings and popularity when you try to buy computers.
A company that make the money that Apple make shouldn't be doing it. That put apple next to the others and that doesn't do any good to Steve Jobs memories. He was like every one at the beggining trying to reach out his goal, the followers just are damaging all because of the money. Sad vision!
Anyway Numbers Tean, I'm with you even if I don't like what Apple as company does.
Thanks for alloing me to say something.
Great concept, but there is a fatal flaw
With Numbers, Apple has freed us from the tyranny of "fixed grid" spreadsheets. I can easily move individual tables and charts to make side-by-side comparisons much easier and even overlap tables in order to compare specific colusmns in two or more different tables. Just like you would with paper. Canvas concept. Feels much more natural, like working with yesteryear's paper-based (in a very good way). Canvas concept -- not just traditional spreadsheet tables, but also images, videos, documents, pretty much anything can be added to the Numbers canvas. Clean, unbloated interface. HOWEVER, there is a huge fatal flaw (for me) -- Numbers does not have a feature to group/collapse/expand rows and columns (Excel: Data > Group and Outline, Google Sheets: Data > Group). I use spreadsheets for revenue and cost data, with columns representing multiple years, further broken out by month. A way to group the months of each year is an absolute necessity for me, to enable easy switching between Year-views and Month-views. There is a Group feature for rows (Organize > Create Group for Rows), but its intended usage is for Pivot Table functionality, and not for simple collapsing and expanding. Fix this flaw, and Numbers gets 4, even 5, stars.
Thank goodness! A spreadsheet I can use!
After spending considerable money on several budgeting apps which turned out to be far too complicated for me to use and which didn’t really fit into my daily work habits, I decided to go into do-it-yourself mode. What I needed was an easy-to-use basic budget where I could get a general overview of my income and expenses as well as keep more detailed records of my expenditures and also make balance sheets for my daily expenses and bank and credit card accounts. Numbers came to the rescue with one of their templates called “Simple Budget"! It took a little bit of doing, as I am no genius and certainly no expert when it comes to accounting and using spreadsheets, but Numbers made it easy for me to organize the information I needed and to make the calculations required as well as transfer information from one sheet to another to keep information consistent over a number of spreadsheets. I was also able to make beautiful pie charts of my expenses as well as color-code my columns and headers. Thank you! Numbers is a beautiful application I now couldn’t live without.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- 255.4 MB
- Requires macOS 13.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2023 Apple Inc.