**2018 New Apps We Love** - Apple
**Oak will guide you to more mindful, relaxed living** - AppAdvice
Oak helps the monkey-minded decompress by transforming meditation practices from experiments into habits. We support you from your first session to your 500th, with mindful, loving-kindness, and sleep meditations as well as unguided sessions and breathing exercises. Individualize your meditations by duration, and customize with silence or calming background sounds. Oak tracks your progress and encourages you to continue building a healthy meditation practice.
- Guided mindful and loving-kindness meditations with male and female instructors
- Choose a guided session duration ranging from 5 to 30 minutes in length
- Choose unguided meditation sessions ranging from 5 minutes to 24 hours in length
- Sit in silence or choose soothing background tracks (bells, blocks, bowls, streams, and other gentle sounds) that encourage restfulness
- Simple yogic breathing exercises that can easily be performed on-the-go
- Options include Box Breathing, Deep Calm, and Awake sessions
- Animated instruction removes the guesswork
- Guided breathing exercises help relax your mind as you drift off to sleep
- Choose silence or gentle background sounds to play during and after your session
- For unguided meditation, set your custom mediation duration, background sounds (or silence), and interval chimes
- Oak tracks the number of minutes/hours you’ve meditated, mindful breaths you’ve taken, and the number of meditation/breathing sessions you’ve accomplished, as well as any consecutive streaks
- Discover new accomplishment badges the more you breathe and meditate with us
- The power of community: Monitor the number of Oak members mindfully breathing and meditating in real time
-Oak supports Apple HealthKit for tracking “mindful minutes” with the Health app (optional).
Thank you for taking care of yourself (and your monkey mind) through meditation. Have questions or feedback? Reach out to us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mantra course bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Near perfect meditation app
I have tried numerous medication apps, but I wasn’t happy with any of them. For the first time I can see I am truly enjoying a mediation app (and I will admit, the fact that there are no “pro” “premium” or subscriptions is partly why I enjoy it; I never liked the idea of profiting off of mediation, it seems ingenuine to me). The app is super clean with a beautiful design. However, from my initial experience, here are two things I would tweak:
1. The guiding voice is significantly louder than the background noise. I wish there was a way to control the balance between these two. I don’t like the guiding voice to be too loud, but when I adjust the voice volume to my liking the background sound is almost inaudible.
2. For the breathing exercise, I wish there was an option for an audio guide as well. Just like while meditation, while breathing I prefer to not stare at my screen, but currently there is no way for me to follow the breathing exercises without having my eyes glued to the screen, I hope this will change.
Overall, this is an excellent mediation app, and I hope it remains clean and bloat free, with non of the “premium” features that are constantly being pushed with similar mediation apps. Thanks for making the world a better place.
Background too bright
I used the v2 app for the first time today, June 15, 2018, the day it was released. I miss the calming darker blue background with white clock numbers. I meditate in a low light environment. The new lighter (white) background is too bright. When I open my eyes to check the countdown timer, it hurts my eyes and the thin-lined black clock numbers are hard to read. Also, when I close my eyes again, I still see the photo image for a few seconds. This brightness is counter intuitive to relaxation. I do like that the makers kept my previous data and that they fixed the breathing counter to go higher than 1k.
UPDATE: July 10, 2018 - I have been manually adjusting the brightness on my iPad app each time I use it and am very happy with the results. I highly recommend it his app often to friends and family.
UPDATE Oct 14, 2018: FYI, the “Growth” section is not opening. There might be a glitch. It has been this way for a couple of weeks.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the great feedback on the background brightness and colour. We'll work on adjusting the colour scheme so that it feels more relaxing in low-light and evening environments.
Whoever created this app thank you, thank you, thank you! This app is aesthetically appealing, I love the minimalistic look to it. When I want to mediate the last thing I want to do is busy my mind with a lot of moving parts or tracking variables, and this app design helps that. I’ve used other apps that make you pay a ridiculous amount to use them and that are heavily promoted on social media and radio but I usually was never able to get into the flow of the meditation. Maybe because there was one more reoccurring fee coming out of my bank account. I like that this app doesn’t have so many different selections it’s straight and to the point and has makes me want to meditate more. I’d gladly pay a one time fee for this app but the fact that it’s free is amazing and a blessing. Anyway if the developer ever accepts donations I’d gladly donate as a thank you for allowing me to train myself to be still and to BREATH.
- Courtney Circle LLC
- 174 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Courtney Circle LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Course: Mantra Meditation $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.