A scientific yet simple approach to weather forecast
OpenWeather App is an ad-free & free-to-use application that will help you plan your time around the weather in a concise and minimalistic manner. Be aware of any precipitation within an hour with a minute precision or plan your activities for the next Sunday morning. OpenWeather App can tell you, which part of the day is going to have a clear sky and light breeze in your local area.
Who uses OpenWeather?
The data from OpenWeather is used by millions of developers and businesses worldwide. Most likely, you already see our data through your weather application. Now you can obtain your weather report from its inception, through OpenWeather App.
8 reasons to love OpenWeather App
1. Minimalistic design that gives you all the weather information you need including: Feels Like, wind speed; wind direction; atmospheric pressure; humidity; UV index and visibility;
2. Never get caught by rain or snow with the 60 minute chart that indicates any precipitation and it’s intensity in your area;
3. Hourly weather chart for the first 2 days and for every 3 hours in the following 6 days;
4. Expand any day of the week and get a visual chart on temperature and detailed weather information for the day, plus Sunset/Sunrise time;
5. Customisation feature for weather measurement units. Construct your own set of preferred measurements for temperature (°C/°F), distance (km/mi), precipitation (mm/in) and more;
6. Widgets for current weather and weather forecast for 4 hours;
8. Ad-free & free-to-use.
- Add up to 6 cities to your favourites and get the accurate weather forecast for any location;
- Is the weather different? - You can always tell us what the actual weather is in your location.
The magic behind the OpenWeather App
All the data for OpenWeather App is provided by One Call API™. OpenWeather aggregates and processes meteorological data from tens of thousands of weather stations, on-ground radars and satellites to bring their users accurate and actionable weather data. It also uses a powerful geocoder to provide the hyperlocal weather forecast for any place in the world for any location worldwide.
Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
The almost perfect app I was looking for.
After the announcement of Dark Sky shutting down I started looking for a new more minimalistic weather app. Was surprisingly hard to find but finally stumbled upon Open Weather and it was a perfect fit. Well almost perfect… the only addition I would like to see is push notifications for severe weather alerts. That is the only downside I can find with this app. I have to keep apple's default weather app installed just to make sure I get those alerts.
Great weather alternative to Dark Sky
Was sad to hear that Dark Sky, who was bought out by Apple, is to be closed down by end of 2022. I’ve looked at many different weather apps, they are mostly too complicated and confusing; also most have gone to a monthly charge for their service or ads.
“Openweather app” is clear, uncomplicated, and highly localized. There are limitations like only allowing six locations, and less than clear rain notice like Dark Sky has (had). However, on balance this is the best I’ve found with good localized accuracy (did I mention NO adds)!
My New Favorite Weather App
I love the visually-pleasing minimal style of the app. It’s simple, sleek, and useful with no annoying ads; I see enough potential that I actually wouldn’t mind having an option to help support further development for even more added features like a radar sometime in the near future.
I really enjoy the dark-mode and the widgets, they are indeed a nice touch. My only complaint I can really think of is the lack of landscape mode for the iPad app, but other than that it’s simply great!
Developer Response ,
Hi, We've forwarded your feedback to our developers. Thank you for taking out the time to send us your suggestions!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- OpenWeather Ltd.
- 17.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Openweather Ltd.