Please fix all map issues at OpenStreetMap.org, and let us know about any bugs. Your feedback motivates our small team of enthusiasts to improve the app.
• Detailed offline maps with places that don't exist on other maps
• Cycling routes, hiking trails, and walking paths
• Contour lines, elevation profiles, peaks, and slopes
• Turn-by-turn walking, cycling, and car navigation with voice guidance
• Fast offline search
• Bookmark everything you need, import and share KML, KMZ, GPX
• Dark mode to protect your eyes
• … and many other features!
Organic Maps is pure and organic, made with love:
• Respects your privacy
• Saves your battery
• No unexpected mobile data charges
Organic Maps is free from trackers and other bad stuff:
• No ads
• No tracking
• No data collection
• No phoning home
• No annoying registration
• No mandatory tutorials
• No noisy email spam
• No push notifications
• No crapware
• No pesticides
At Organic Maps, we believe that privacy is a fundamental human right:
• Organic Maps is an indie community-driven project
• The code is open-sourced
• The maps data is taken from OpenStreetMap, also community-driven project
• We protect your privacy from Big Tech’s prying eyes
• Stay safe no matter wherever you are
Reject surveillance, embrace your freedom, and support the community.
Give Organic Maps a try!
• OpenStreetMap data as of February 2
• Removed "Continue detecting your location?" dialog, now location search can be stopped by pressing the "rotating radar" location button
• Auto Light/Dark theme setting is synced with the system
• Improved the look of search bars
• Properly display a longer cuisines list
• Fixed location services permissions request for the first app start
• Reduced the height of the top navigation bar with the next street name in it
• Restroom emoji for places with toilets
• Display parking operator
• More precise turn notifications for small distances
• Fixed absent speed limit on some speed cameras
• Plus codes search shows results relative to position and to the screen center
• Fixed crash in search
• Better and more precise search on the map, more relevant search results in the list
• Name editing for playgrounds
• Parse mlat and mlon parameters from OSM urls
• Allow editing Greek names for Cyprus
• Hindi support
• Orange color for secondary roads
• Wider and brighter white tertiary roads
• Nicer looking on- and off-ramp road links joins
• Raised visibility of secondary and tertiary road links
• Less bright farmlands color
• Smaller mountain passes/saddles icons
• Reduced visibilities of mountain saddles (compared to passes)
• New ford icon
• Made hospital and clinic icons look different
• Reduced visibility of light rail stations
• Added Boston and updated Taipei subway icons
• Fixed Delhi subway entrance icons, Minsk & Spb subway captions on detailed zoom
• Increased font size of towns and suburbs labels and decreased for neighborhoods
• Fixed bookmark icon for water parks
• Adjust visibilities of many POIs
Outdoors map style:
• Increased 50m & 100m contour lines visibilities
• Raised visibility of campsites, survey points, toilets, touristic information features
• New power tower and flagpole/mast icons
• Made bridleways to be the same brown color as paths
• Increased contrast of footways on overview zooms
Car navigation map style:
• Added toilets, convenience stores
• Reduced visibilities of artwork features and subway station captions
• Bigger roundabout exit number
Updated Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Finnish, French, Romanian, Slovak, Ukrainian translations
…and more fixes and improvements, check https://omaps.org/news for details!
Ratings and Reviews
Maps Don’t Get Better Than This
Organic Maps scared me. Using a new maps app, especially one that you’ve only heard about from strangers on the internet, is a very terrifying experience. Will it hold up?
I put it to the test in an hour long drive, from one larger city to a metro area. I made it! While Apple Maps has more bells and whistles during the routing experience, Organic Maps does the job. It makes up for it in many other areas, such as the fact that OpenStreetMap is an incredible project, and it’s great to put it to use; it allows us to download maps; and it’s far more beholden to its users than any closed-source app.
Amazing Offline Maps
Organic Maps is the best map application there is. It uses extremely accurate data from the OpenStreetMap community. It has turn by turn voice navigation that supports walking, cycling, driving, and public transportation networks in various regions. The driving time estimates are accurate thanks to speed limit data. There is also offline Wikipedia data for some POI making it easy to plan a trip with no cellular service.
Love the privacy aspect, but maps are dated
I’ve been on a privacy kick recently trying to limit myself from big tech tracking everything. There aren’t too many FOSS options for iOS, but this app was on a list so I figured I’d try it.
While I absolutely love the offline capabilities and being open source, the maps are severely outdated for my area. My street name is wrong, as well as the street for the house I grew up in. I assume they are pre 911 addresses. Kinda hard to use the app if ALL addresses are that old.
My child’s dance studio is moving to another building. The address doesn’t even exist in this app. Unfortunately I can’t make use of it.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your sincere review, and we hope you enjoy using FOSS products. The reason for the poor quality of map data in your location is the low popularity of OpenStreetMap (our map data source) in your region. OpenStreetMap.org is a collaborative tool where everyone can update the map. In some areas, map data quality provided by OSM is even better than what other popular map services offer. Unfortunately, in your location, as we can see from your review, it is far from being good enough now. We hope this will change significantly when more people learn about OpenStreetMap and start contributing to it.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Organic Maps OU
- 136.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021-2024 Organic Maps OÜ