The Orthodox Study Bible presents the Bible of the early church and the church of the early Bible. This first-of-its-kind study Bible is presented with commentary from the ancient Christian perspective that speaks to those Christians who seek a deeper experience of the roots of their faith.
- Old Testament newly translated from the Greek text of the Septuagint, including the Deuterocanon ("St. Athanasius Academy Septuagint")
- New Testament from the New King James Version
- Commentary drawn from the early Church Christians
- Book Introductions and Outlines
SPECIAL TO THE OSB APP:
- Daily Epistle & Gospel per the Greek Archdiocese readings
- Morning & Evening prayers with appropriate day's Psalm inserted
- Share selected verses via Messages, Mail, Facebook, Twitter & more
- Highlight verses
- Easily copy verses (with reference) to clipboard
- Create bookmarks and organize using tags
- Search for one or more words, assisted by word completion and search history
- View history (up to 100 of your last readings) for easy back-and-forth navigation between books
- Convenient and smooth side-scroll for previous/next chapter navigation
- Reading Plans
Go to our product web site @ http://vdub.software for more details.
- Fixed Search Results "index" (the abbreviated book names on right side of screen)
- Added search bar to Tags screen
- Made it easier to add Tag to a Bookmark
- Fixed search bars in low-light mode
- Made highlighted verse numbers a little more readable in low-light mode
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome App! Highly Recommend!
The Orthodox Study bible is a great resource for any and all Christians. I was recommended a physical copy from my priest which I got and love. However, the physical copy is very large in size and doesn’t really leave the house. The app does everything the book does and more, my favorite feature is giving the daily readings I made a goal to read the Bible everyday that really helps. The best part is your bible can come with you wherever you go, even without an internet connection. I would recommend this to any Christian who wants to invest more in their faith, and I can’t say enough good things about the book itself either. Have a blessed day.
I came across some passages online, talking about how the NKJV New Testament aligns better with the Septuagint. It’s a bit confusing at first, cross referencing. The Septuagint by Brenton is a tad bit easier to use as a cross referencing tool, in my opinion. But once you are able to get through the whole numbering system, this Orthodox study Bible is spot on. For example, cross referencing Hebrews 10:5 with Psalm 40:6. In the Brenton version of the Septuagint, it would be Psalm 39:6. Here in the Orthodox Bible, it’s Psalm 39:7. And I want to say that is because the title of the chapter is being accounted as verse 1? I’m still new and trying to understand that part. I don’t have the Brenton version of the Septuagint, yet.
Perfect! Everything I was hoping for in a Bible app, and EASY to use!!!
This app is how a Biblical study tool should be. It’s packed with passages for every holy day, lots of useful articles, a daily reading that covers the entire Bible in one or two years, and most importantly this app is very easy to use. You can cut & paste verses, and save highlights to iCloud. And finding any verse in the Old or New Testament only takes a few seconds. This app is indeed the perfect companion to The Orthodox Study Bible (hardcover copy.) I don’t write reviews often, but this OSB app was was well worth the $10 price, and makes the project I’m working on incredibly fast and easy to research.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- VDUB Software, LLC
- 28.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012, 2020 VDUB Software, LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.