CarbonFin Outliner allows you to organize your thoughts, tasks, and projects. Easily create a todo list for today, or track an entire project anywhere you are. Share your outlines, edit them online, and collaborate with other Outliner users.
• Create outlines full of notes, structured lists, tasks, or detailed projects
• Sync your outlines automatically to Outliner Online, OneDrive, or Dropbox for web or desktop editing
• Get a quick view of project progress - tasks with subtasks show a pie-chart indicating percent completed
• Search through all your outlines or an individual outline
• Tag your outlines, and filter based on tag
• Archive old outlines to hide them from view without deleting
• Drag and drop to move items within an outline
• Copy, paste
• Undo, redo
• Expand all, collapse all
• Optional outline numbering
• Zoom in to focus on a single subtree
• Securely synchronize your outlines with Outliner Online
• View and edit your outlines in any web browser
• Import and export outlines as plain text or OPML
• Keep all your devices synchronized
• Share an outline with other Outliner users to collaborate
OneDrive and Dropbox
• Sync your outlines with OneDrive or Dropbox to allow quick import/export
• Seamlessly access and edit across your iOS devices and PCs
-= Recent version history =-
• Dark mode
• Added confirmation to "Delete Completed"
• Changing "Archived" won't update the outline's modification time
• iOS 13 support
• OneDrive sync support
• Sync the order of outlines across devices (CarbonFin outlines only)
• iOS 12 support
• iPhone X support
• iOS 11 support
• Open In... support
• Ability to hide the outline list on iPad
• Minor UI tweaks
- Re-enable the ability for Outliner to open OPML files from other apps
Ratings and Reviews
This app is so well designed for making checklists and outlines
Update: 2017: This is still an app I use every day and still appreciate it after all these years. I hope the developer will add a tip jar feature to encourage further improvements. Outliner remains the best and easiest to use checklist and outlining app available. The only improvement I can think of is to enable automatic sorting of outlines by date modified, so the ones I change show up at the top.
I have used it for a few years now and still find it indispensable whenever I need to make a checklist, especially a complex one with subtasks or one which needs to be used daily (I can easily just tap "Uncheck all" and start in again). The website synching makes it easy to create a new outline's items on a computer and then have it show up on my device..
Best outline app available
I have used this app for a number of years and it is the best, easiest to use app available for creating outlines. I use it daily for tracking home tasks, grocery lists and general to-do lists, as well as using it at work to track my project work. It makes it easy to create and use small lists, but it is particular fast and effective for large lists, eg some of my lists have 2500+ items with up to 5 levels of sublists. The app has gradually improved over the years by adding a variety user-requested features. It has been well-maintained, and upgrades and bugs fixes are provided quickly unlike many iOS apps. I can fully recommend this app to anyone who wants to creates lists and outlines of any size on Apple devices.
Keeps You Organized...Focused
I easily get overwhelmed when my task list gets huge. We are in the midst of flood recovery and there is a lot to do. Sometime one task has to be complete before the next can begin. This app keeps it organized and flowing. I can easily reorder tasks if priorities change or add new ones when they arise.
It’s also helpful if you work a lot like I do. Sometime you think you will continue a household project tomorrow and somehow can’t seem to get back to it for a month (year). The app helps keep your original plan intact and lets you pick up where you left off.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.