Create gorgeous documents in minutes with the Pages for Mac word processor. Start with an Apple-designed template to instantly create gorgeous reports, digital books, resumes, posters, and more. Or use a blank document and create your own design. Easily add images, movies, audio, tables, charts, and shapes. Use comments, change tracking, and highlights to review your work.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time on Mac, iPad, iPhone, and even on a PC
• Share your document publicly or with specific people, see who’s currently in the document with you, and view other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• See a list of recent changes in collaborative documents, including when people join, comment, and make edits
• Available for documents stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 90 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, digital books, resumes, cards, posters, and more
• Get quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and text files
• Quickly open password-protected documents using Touch ID on supported Macs
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Enhance your document with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Easily add images, video, and audio
• Add an image gallery to view a collection of photos on the same page
• Create interactive EPUB books that can be shared with others or published to Apple Books for download or purchase
• Use the table of contents view to easily navigate your document or book
• Add comments and join threaded conversations
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• View pages side by side as you work
• Turn on facing pages to format your document as two-page spreads
• Create page templates to keep the design consistent across your page layout document
• Add linked text boxes so text easily flows from one place to another
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view character, word, and paragraph counts
• Use powerful graphics tools including image background removal and masking
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Seamless integration with EndNote* for inserting citations
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, and from a Mac or PC browser at iCloud.com
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail or Messages
• Export your document in EPUB, Microsoft Word, RTF, TXT, and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
* EndNote sold separately. EndNote integration requires a plug-in available from Pages support link.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
• Bring new dimension to your documents with 3D objects in USDZ format
• Use the new Minimalist Report template featuring elegant typography, colors, and layout
• Style paragraphs with new options for borders
• Remove external borders on charts imported from Microsoft Office files
Ratings and Reviews
I like it.
I am a 3rd year software engineering student who had bought his first macbook less than a year ago and was excited to try all the new software that came along. I decided to try pages and see if it would beat google docs as it was the primary document creation software I used. However I can definitely say that I enjoy pages the most out of word and google docs. There have been many classes where I have to write in APA7 style and pages makes it really easy to indent the sources I find, as other software would, in my opinion, make it frustrating to line everything up correctly. With pages I simply press tab 2-3 times and then that specfic line will get a new indent whilst leaving the liens above and below it alone. It does take some getting used too as the UI/UX is different from the other software I've mentioned. However, pages has been the easiest to use in the long run and as all my other devices are apple products, it is extremelly easy to access my documents and share them around. I will say, however, google docs is still superior when it comes to working with other people, as anyone can use google docs for free. WIth pages you have to have an apple product. Pages will continue to be my go to for document writing as for me it has been the easiest to work with, simple, conice, easy to maintain, easy acces and great editing with my other devices.
SUPERIOR Word Processor, but...
It isn't common that Apple creates a product that is inferior to their competition. But they have sort of become a victim of their own version of how Microsoft spent the whole of the 1990s in and out of court battles because they put too many locks, blocks, and restrictions on their software for others to partake in perhaps either writing enhancements to Microsoft's outstanding software or, for that matter, write software to work with Microsoft's at all. Apple has achieved incredible success since Gilbert Amelio brought Steve Jobs back ("temporarily") in about 1996 and subsequently with Tim Cook - and the Superhuman and underappreciated Jony Ive, who perhaps should have replaced Steve Jobs since the two were of nearly identical mind. But Apple's mistake is that STILL today, some 30 years after the issue was partly responsible for bringing Apple to its knees, they are no more interchangable and seamlessly cooperative with MS Office programs with their own iWork applications. How do I know? I have suffered professionally over and over and over because of it. Apple, PLEASE PLEASE fix this! You're SOOO sophisticated; please make your software compatible in BOTH DIRECTIONS with similar apps from Microsoft and Google!
Love Pages - Could Be Better
Pages is a great user-friendly option as an in-between for a word processor and most design programs. The interface is simple and clean, and easy to understand and correlates nicely with my apple programs. However, some of the automatic defaults are silly and slightly annoying. Having it automatically force objects off the page when they are touching should already be turned off. When most projects have multiple objects, text, and images - it would be assumed I don't want all of them forced off the page when they are together. I think this setting should be automatic. Also - I've had a weird bug where every time I change a font, it takes 10 minutes to load. Plus, a bug where if I move page thumbnails around, it grabs the wrong page! I've had these bugs for a while, so I'm sad there hasn't been a fix because it's frustrating and not efficient to wait another 10 minutes to load a a font and grab the correct thumbnail.
There are a couple of wishlist items that I think would be great: 1. Type on a path. The ability to have text shape onto the arc of a circle would be a game changer. My text wouldnt look so flat and boring. (2) Paste in place. I make a lot of templates and would like a better way to seamlessly have items be placed in the same place from page to page.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- 290.8 MB
- Requires macOS 13.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2005-2023 Apple Inc.