Pay, extend, and manage your parking session with Boston's official parking app. It’s easy!
PAY ON THE GO
Pay quickly and securely with your smartphone.
- Time's precious, stop wasting it feeding a meter.
- Forget refilling the meter in the rain or braving the cold.
NO PRICE SURPRISES
See when parking rates will change in the future – even when there’s free parking!
- Receive email receipts at the end of your parking session.
- Expenses made easy, manage your parking history through the mobile app.
Get alerts when your parking session is about to end.
- Stop worrying about how much time is left on the meter, we have you covered.
NO NEED TO RUSH
Add time to your parking session directly from your phone.*
- Your plans change, your parking spot shouldn't. Simply extend your parking session via our app.
GET STARTED TODAY
1. Download the ParkBoston app.
2. Park where you see ParkBoston app signs.
3. Pay for your parking session from your phone.
4. Relax, welcome to parking as it should be.
The ParkBoston app is not done yet! We're constantly updating the app based on your feedback.
- Location Services (optional): Used to quickly provide nearby parking zones.
* where applicable
What does the next revolution in parking look like? An all-new, more intuitive app interface that makes parking a breeze.
- Less taps, faster parking. Select a recent zone or nearby zone with ease.
- See when parking rates will change in the future. Just swipe the slider or tap a quick time.
Enjoying the ParkBoston app? Help us spread the word by telling your friends or by leaving a glowing review!
Ratings and Reviews
If you HAVE to pay for parking,
Might as well use this app rather than searching linty pockets for change no one has. It does what it says and alerts you when your time is running out with a cute horn sound. It works in Brookline and Boston but I do wish someone would develop an app that would work for all of MetroBoston. I park in Cambridge and they with Somerville have a separate app. Overall, it does what it says, has hardly ever glitched, lets me extend time if necessary, and let’s me know when I don’t need to pay like late nights or Sunday.
Needs better instructions
Was visiting Boston from NC. Upon parking I downloaded the app, and entered plate #, parking zone, etc., and paid. I entered my plate number as it is on my plate, with a dash. Very convenient and easy to use. To my dismay, I came back to $40 ticket. I parked elsewhere later that evening, and another $40 ticket! I parked the next day, and luckily did not get a ticket, but apparently just got lucky that no parking enforcement came by that day. I called to dispute the tickets upon returning home and was told I shouldn’t have entered the dash. Seems like it should have been an instant dismissal for such a simple “error”, but it had to be reviewed. A week or so later, I received a letter regarding each violation. One was dismissed and one wasn’t!! I called again and was told they will only dismiss one mistake (which isn’t really a mistake as there is a dash in my plate #). What time consuming nonsense for all involved just for including the dash in my plate number! App developers, unless you are trying to take advantage of unsuspecting out-of-towners, please provide instructions in the app to not include spacers or dashes, or whatever else will cause a problem.
Convenient app but could use some usability upgrades
I use this app frequently because I live in back bay and can’t always find resident parking. It’s convenient and great because I want all quarters to do my laundry ;) I like the recent history, I like the reminder.
A couple recommendations from an avid user to make this app better:
1. A map so you can remember where you parked / see which zone to use if you parked overnight and and want to pay to park in the morning but don’t want to leave bed quite yet (my zone starts at 8am and one Saturday’s I like to read in bed with coffee in the morning).
2. It takes a lot of clicks. Login. Zone entry. Car selection. Payment type. Payment method. Confirmation. I use this for my main car 99% of the time, have always paid with the same card. I wish it defaulted to my main car, my usual payment method and type, left the zone free to enter, and confirmed there, rather than asking each time if I want to pay using credit/debit or parking card, then asking which card, then needing to confirm I actually want to pay. I defaulted to auto login which helped, but I want one or two clicks please. I’ve forgotten to confirm a couple times and been lucky, but I know that won’t always be the case!
3. I wish the recent history allowed for 4 or 5 recent zones. I park on my block and get them confused sometimes and have to go back into my email to figure out which zone is which street and which side of the street in the morning.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Boston City Hall
- 54.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Passport. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.