PDF Viewer Pro is a fast and beautiful app, allowing you to view, search, and annotate PDF documents with ease on your Mac.
VIEW DOCUMENTS ON YOUR MAC
• Open files from the Finder. Supports Drag & Drop.
• Search for the exact text you are looking for within the document.
• Annotate images (JPEG, PNG) non-destructive, just like PDF documents. (PRO)
ANNOTATE WITH EASE
• Highlight and markup text while reviewing a document.
• Leave comments by adding a note, text, or drawing directly on the PDF.
• Add images or audio.
• Reply to notes. (PRO)
SIGN DOCUMENTS ANYWHERE
• Add your signature to any document.
• Move and resize your signature as needed.
• Flatten a document to ensure the signature doesn’t change.
CREATE AND EDIT PDFs
• Create new documents from existing documents by moving, rotating, deleting, or adding new pages.
• Combine multiple documents into a single one. (PRO)
• Add bookmarks to easily return to certain pages in large documents.
FILL OUT FORMS
• Quickly fill out PDF forms by adding text to the fields.
• Flatten and secure the form once you’re done to ensure the document doesn’t change.
• Add a signature to any form.
• Share documents by printing, emailing or saving your edits.
PASSWORD PROTECT DOCUMENTS
• Read document metadata, title and keywords.
• Protect documents with user and owner passwords and limit permissions. (PRO)
AND SO MUCH MORE
• Conveniently switch to night mode when viewing your documents at night.
• Have the text from a PDF read out loud to you with text-to-speech.
PDF Viewer comes with a large feature set, completely free. Some advanced features require the purchase of PDF Viewer Pro, available as a subscription. We offer 3-monthly and yearly subscription plans. There’s also a fully functional 7-day trial, so you can test PDF Viewer Pro (including document merging and password editing) before you commit. All plans unlock the app on Mac, iPhone and iPad.
TRUSTED BY COMPANIES YOU KNOW
PDF Viewer is built on top of and powered by PSPDFKit, the same PDF engine trusted around the world by companies like Dropbox, Box, IBM, Atlassian, SAP, and Lufthansa.
Be part of the PDF Viewer community:
Duration and price of each subscription are displayed in PDF Viewers’ storefront, updated at the time of purchase. Payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off no later than 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions and auto-renewal can be managed/turned off in the iTunes account settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period is forfeited as soon as a subscription is purchased.
• Fixes some page patterns shifting when zooming. This includes the patterns available when creating new blank pages or documents.
• Fixes text selection being invisible when the increase contrast accessibility setting is enabled.
We’d love to hear your feedback! If you have ideas or feature requests for future versions of the app, feel free to let us know. You can contact us using the in-app Support button on the settings screen.
If you enjoy the app, please write us a review and help spread the word! Thanks!
Ratings and Reviews
Upgrade Significantly Slows Down My Workflow
I use PDF Viewer on my iPadPro with the pencil. I extensively use highlighting with different colors being used to represent different concepts. In previous versions, I could simply change the color of an existing highlight by taping on the highlight and choosing the new color. With the latest upgrade, I need to: 1) Tap on the highlight 2) Choose “Style” from the menu 3) Choose “Color” from the next menu 4) Finally select the new color for the highlight This is a hugely negative in my productivity in using of PDF Viewer, so much so that I am looking for a replacement. Perhaps there is a configuration option that allows me to revert back to the previous style. If so, please make it more obvious. I would previously have rated PDF Viewer 4 or 5, but I am now rating it 1 since this is a huge issue for me.
Updated - I am raising my previous rating of 1 star to 5. Per the above, I complained about the change and the developer responded in version 6.2.2 to provide for easier color changes. Perhaps a small issue for mist, but big for me. More importantly, it gives me confidence that the developer is listening and open to accommodating customer feedback.
Comparable to PDF Expert, but no true editing ability
Having used PDF Expert for a long time I’m ready to find something else due to the ridiculous subscription model and lack of integration with the Mac OS program that PDF Expert has. I tried about a dozen Apps and PDF Viewer was the most pleasant surprise!
All the free features here compare with Expert. In fact I prefer some Viewer tools better: the Magic Ink pen, the highlighter behind the text, the full screen viewing with the tool bar to the side, and the ease of opening files (you can go back to the open tabs without opening another file), the Lighter “blend” mode for the pen and the very good color options too; great job!
Only a few things I don’t like: 1) the lack of a favorites toolbar (or ability to customize it). Too many clicks to switch between tools. 2) The text highlight tool does not look as nice as PDF Expert. Lose the rounded edges and have a variable text height. 3) The lack of a lasso or snapshot tool (Goodnotes has one and it almost makes that App a better PDF editor than anything else!). 4) the ability to add/create pages from a scan with OCR.
If the developers WANT to make something really worth paying for they should offer full ability to edit text and objects within a PDF (original text, not just user added text). Until then I’ll keep searching for the ideal PDF App.
Almost perfect. Feature request.
Great to see this app gaining much popularity since I commented last time. I have some feature requests and bug reports.
1. [Feature request] Is it possible to add an option that keeps images from being affected by the color modes (Sepia and Dark)? Otherwise, one must switch modes to view the true color of the image.
2. [Feature request] Currently, changing the highlighted color requires clicking on "Color" from the pop-up menu, and then selecting the new color. I hope you can display a few preset colors directly on the pop-up menu. 3-5 colors appear quite reasonable, as people are unlike to use more colors for note-taking. The workflow will be much smoother. (2a) If the length of the menu is a concern, perhaps make it two-row (as MS Word). (2b) Say there are 5 presets and the current highlight is yellow, then displaying only 4 presets excluding yellow also saves space.
3. [Bug report] When iPad uses the dark theme and the app has multiple documents open, the tab of the active document is black, whereas the tabs of other inactive documents are gray (thus, lighter). This is counter-intuitive and confuses the user when switching the document to read. There is no such problem under the light mode of IPad.
Thank you for your consideration!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review and for using PDF Viewer! We're working hard to make it even better while keeping its beauty and simplicity. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to ping us via the "Support" option in the app settings.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- PSPDFKit GmbH
- 49.9 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2023 PSPDFKit GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- PDF Viewer Pro 3 Months $6.99
- PDF Viewer Pro Yearly $19.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.