PDF Viewer Pro is a fast and beautiful app, allowing you to view, search, and annotate PDF documents with ease on your iPhone and iPad.
Access your files from iCloud, Dropbox, Box, OneDrive, Google Drive or any other cloud solution via Apple's familiar Document Browser interface.
+++ Listed as “Productivity lifesaver” on the App Store +++
"A streamlined interface packed with powerful features - it’s like having a desktop-quality PDF toolkit wherever we go" – App Store Editor Notes
“I'm impressed by how the folks at PSPDFKit have been able to fine-tune the document browser to the app's needs.” – MacStories.net
"If you want a PDF viewer that is designed for reading PDF books, this is it." – App Review
VIEW DOCUMENTS ON THE GO
• Easily import a PDF from your favorite cloud service provider, email, or directly off a website.
• Supports Open In Place, Drag & Drop and features the familiar Apple Document Browser interface from the Files app.
• Search for the exact text you are looking for within the document.
• Double tap on the screen to Smart Zoom directly to the text you want to read.
• Annotate images (JPEG, PNG) non-destructive, just like PDF documents. (PRO)
ANNOTATE WITH EASE
• While reviewing a document, use your finger or Apple Pencil to highlight and markup text.
• Leave comments by adding a note, text, or drawing directly on the PDF.
• Add images or audio.
• Reply to notes. (PRO)
SIGN DOCUMENTS ANYWHERE
• Add your signature to any document using your finger or Apple Pencil.
• Move and resize your signature as needed.
• Flatten a document to ensure the signature doesn’t change.
CREATE AND EDIT PDFs
• Create new documents from existing documents by moving, rotating, deleting, or adding new pages.
• Combine multiple documents into a single one. (PRO)
• Leave a simple bookmark or create an entire table of contents for your document.
FILL OUT FORMS
• Quickly fill out PDF Forms by adding text to the fields.
• Flatten and secure the form once you’re done to ensure the document doesn’t change.
• Add a signature to any Form.
STORE, ORGANIZE AND SHARE
• Store documents, create folders and organize your documents.
• Share documents by printing, emailing or saving your edits back any cloud service.
PASSWORD PROTECT DOCUMENTS
• Read document metadata, title and keywords.
• Protect documents with user and owner passwords and limit permissions. (PRO)
AND SO MUCH MORE
• Conveniently switch to night mode when viewing your documents at night.
• Present on external screens without the distraction of toolbars. (PRO)
• Have the text from a PDF read out loud to you with text-to-speech.
• PDF Viewer remembers where you were down to the page/position where you left off - even across devices.
PDF Viewer comes with a large feature set, completely free. Some advanced features require the purchase of PDF Viewer Pro, available as a subscription. We offer 3-monthly and yearly subscription plans. There’s also a fully functional 7-day trial, so you can test PDF Viewer Pro (including document merging and password editing) before you commit. All plans unlock the app on iPhone and iPad.
TRUSTED BY COMPANIES YOU KNOW
PDF Viewer is built on top of and powered by PSPDFKit, the same PDF engine trusted around the world by companies like Dropbox, Box, IBM, Atlassian, SAP, and Lufthansa.
BE PART OF THE PDF VIEWER COMMUNITY
Duration and price of each subscription are displayed in PDF Viewers’ storefront, updated at the time of purchase. Payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off no later than 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions and auto-renewal can be managed/turned off in the iTunes account settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period is forfeited as soon as a subscription is purchased.
• Text-to-speech now uses a more accurate way to automatically detect the document language.
• Fixes an issue where the current page marker in the scrubber bar might not be updated correctly when using double page mode.
• Fixes a potential crash when entering text. [Mac]
• This version of PDF Viewer requires iOS 12 or later.
We’d love to hear your feedback! If you have ideas or feature requests for future versions of the app, feel free to let us know. You can contact us using the in-app Support button on the settings screen.
If you enjoy the app, please write us a review and help spread the word! Thanks!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
THE PDF reader App for iPad, PERIOD
I can’t believe this app!!!!!!!
When my friend first recommended it to me, I almost dismissed it, as the app is free and because I’ve never came across any reader app that is even reasonably good and free at the same time.
But when I, doubtably, installed and started using it, THIS APP BLOWS MY MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First and foremost, and I’ve been searched for an app with this feature on iPad FOREVER — direct access to my PDFs from the iCloud Drive without copying them into the app and the synchronization of my annotation to the original files, AND I’VE FINALLY FOUND IT HERE!!!!! ON A FREE APP!!!!! WHAAAAAAT???????!!!!!!!!
Although its paid competitor also have this feature but it’s hidden deep and clearly you are not encouraged to open PDF directly from iCloud Drive, but in this app, the first I see is a browser interface for iCloud files, AMAZING!!!!!
And the annotating experience is just so natural and intuitive: the animation for applying highlight is just sublime, and adding a note or comment is just buttery smooth.
I am simply not gonna use another app for my PDFs on iPad henceforth.
And honestly I’ve never expected to find the perfect PDF reader to be a FREE APP!!!!!!!!
Thank you developers for such an amazing experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!
I use the app to read pdf textbooks, that’s it 1) My biggest gripe is the subscription. I won’t pay a subscription for viewing PDFs, that’s ridiculus. There should be something in the middle, a fuller featured low cost one time pay version. Some of us don’t need most of the pro features. Some of us don’t need any editing features whatsoever..we just need a few of the basic UI features you have unfairly used as a lure to get us into a subscription. A few simple features is all I want, like turning off the annoying horizontal thumbnail bar at the bottom of the page, are only available with a subscription. What? 2) the performance of the app with large pdf files is not as buttery smooth as I would like. FYI, I’m using a 2018 iPad Pro, a very powerful device. Is the limitation hardware or software? I don’t know. Other than that, there are a few features that are unique to this app. One lets you easily jump back and forth between two pages you visited no matter how far apart, for free.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback! Viewing PDFs and even many editing features are available completely for free. We’d be happy to look into the performance issues you’re seeing if you contact us through the in-app support at Settings > Support.
Excellent for note taking on an iPad Pro
PDF Viewer is a very high quality app that I would recommend for anyone taking notes in college/school.
I use PDF Viewer for taking notes on my iPad Pro in graduate school, and I am thoroughly impressed with the app. Compared to other note taking apps I have used, PDF Viewer has been superior in almost every way. My favorite features are that I can search the PDF text for quick reference, all of my notes sync quite easily with external cloud storage, and backing up my files on an external hard drive is quite easy as all documents remain in PDF format. Additionally, when I have questions, the PSPDFkit team is quick to respond. All interactions I have had with this app and PSPDFkit have garnered 5 stars.
- PSPDFKit GmbH
- 70.1 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2020 PSPDFKit GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- PDF Viewer Pro 3 Months $6.99
- PDF Viewer Pro Yearly $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.