PDF Viewer Pro is a fast and beautiful app, allowing you to view, search, and annotate PDF documents with ease on your Mac.
VIEW DOCUMENTS ON YOUR MAC
• Open files from the Finder. Supports Drag & Drop.
• Search for the exact text you are looking for within the document.
• Annotate images (JPEG, PNG) non-destructive, just like PDF documents. (PRO)
ANNOTATE WITH EASE
• Highlight and markup text while reviewing a document.
• Leave comments by adding a note, text, or drawing directly on the PDF.
• Add images or audio.
• Reply to notes. (PRO)
SIGN DOCUMENTS ANYWHERE
• Add your signature to any document.
• Move and resize your signature as needed.
• Flatten a document to ensure the signature doesn’t change.
CREATE AND EDIT PDFs
• Create new documents from existing documents by moving, rotating, deleting, or adding new pages.
• Combine multiple documents into a single one. (PRO)
• Leave a simple bookmark or create an entire table of contents for your document.
FILL OUT FORMS
• Quickly fill out PDF forms by adding text to the fields.
• Flatten and secure the form once you’re done to ensure the document doesn’t change.
• Add a signature to any form.
• Share documents by printing, emailing or saving your edits.
PASSWORD PROTECT DOCUMENTS
• Read document metadata, title and keywords.
• Protect documents with user and owner passwords and limit permissions. (PRO)
AND SO MUCH MORE
• Conveniently switch to night mode when viewing your documents at night.
• Have the text from a PDF read out loud to you with text-to-speech.
PDF Viewer comes with a large feature set, completely free. Some advanced features require the purchase of PDF Viewer Pro, available as a subscription. We offer 3-monthly and yearly subscription plans. There’s also a fully functional 7-day trial, so you can test PDF Viewer Pro (including document merging and password editing) before you commit. All plans unlock the app on Mac, iPhone and iPad.
TRUSTED BY COMPANIES YOU KNOW
PDF Viewer is built on top of and powered by PSPDFKit, the same PDF engine trusted around the world by companies like Dropbox, Box, IBM, Atlassian, SAP, and Lufthansa.
Be part of the PDF Viewer community:
Duration and price of each subscription are displayed in PDF Viewers’ storefront, updated at the time of purchase. Payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off no later than 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions and auto-renewal can be managed/turned off in the iTunes account settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period is forfeited as soon as a subscription is purchased.
Fixes various document layout and visual issues.
Here’s the full list of changes:
• Adds the standard Services menu in the application menu.
• Improves the appearance of the scrubber bar.
• Fixes documents not being scrolled to the beginning when opening them for the first time.
• Fixes documents being scrolled to the top of the visible page after performing undo or redo.
• Fixes documents getting zoomed out after closing and reopening them.
• Fixes the wrong text being highlighted when searching in rare cases.
• Fixes various activity spinners not being visible in dark mode.
• Fixes corruption of CMYK colorspace images in PDFs after redaction. [Pro]
We’d love to hear your feedback! If you have ideas or feature requests for future versions of the app, feel free to let us know. You can contact us using the in-app Support button on the settings screen.
If you enjoy the app, please write us a review and help spread the word! Thanks!
Ratings and Reviews
Great app. Feature request
First of all, really great app! I’m in med school and one of the few that learns from textbooks, rather than course material. I use this to read and organize all my textbooks - and I have a lot of them that I’ve collected over the last decade through undergrad, working, PhD, and now professional school. It’s great how I can pick up reading and annotations on my iPad, Mac, and iPhone when efficiency is key.
I try to avoid using Apple’s Books, or e-readers in general bc having files in pdf form is more universal. Some medical books I have are 1500+, and so I need to break them up into chapters. Books has cool features, but PDFs and PDF viewer is my optimal workflow. Sometimes, however, I cannot avoid Books because some things are only offered in epubs or I cannot find a pdf version.
So I do have one feature request from Books: auto-night mode. Night mode is great in PDF-viewer, and across the board for apple products, but I really do prefer to read in the true color for textbooks, especially for colored figures. At night, I noticed Books auto-switches to night mode if you have that feature turned on. It is really helpful when I am reading in bed before falling asleep and reading. I do not know if this is the place to let what features users want, but thought I’d give it a try. Thanks!
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
We do have an option to sync the page appearance with system appearance. This is a Pro feature.
And if this is enabled, the color of the page is changed when in dark mode. If you combine this with automatically switching to Dark mode on your iPad at night, this could be achieved.
We're happy to further discuss this if you would like to. You can contact us in the app via Settings > Support.
Comparable to PDF Expert, but no true editing ability
Having used PDF Expert for a long time I’m ready to find something else due to the ridiculous subscription model and lack of integration with the Mac OS program that PDF Expert has. I tried about a dozen Apps and PDF Viewer was the most pleasant surprise!
All the free features here compare with Expert. In fact I prefer some Viewer tools better: the Magic Ink pen, the highlighter behind the text, the full screen viewing with the tool bar to the side, and the ease of opening files (you can go back to the open tabs without opening another file), the Lighter “blend” mode for the pen and the very good color options too; great job!
Only a few things I don’t like: 1) the lack of a favorites toolbar (or ability to customize it). Too many clicks to switch between tools. 2) The text highlight tool does not look as nice as PDF Expert. Lose the rounded edges and have a variable text height. 3) The lack of a lasso or snapshot tool (Goodnotes has one and it almost makes that App a better PDF editor than anything else!). 4) the ability to add/create pages from a scan with OCR.
If the developers WANT to make something really worth paying for they should offer full ability to edit text and objects within a PDF (original text, not just user added text). Until then I’ll keep searching for the ideal PDF App.
The best PDF viewer and editor available for iPad
I have tried myriad PDF editors annotators and viewersFor iOS and this is the best one hands-down. There are many reviews online that say PDF expert is the best but I beg to differ. PDF expert cannot handle all the types of annotations you may encounter when dealing with a document that comes from a more fully fledged PDF annotator on a PC or Mac. PDF viewer on the other hand can.
Also PDF viewer can access the file system of the iPad and so I can open the files that are already being synchronized via dropbox or one drive etc. many other apps seem to use their own version of a file system which hides the native system from view which is very frustrating. In addition to this it renders PDFs fast.
Five stars for sure.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for the review and for using PDF Viewer! We're working hard to make it even better while keeping its beauty and simplicity. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to ping us via the "Support" option in the app settings.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- PSPDFKit GmbH
- 59.7 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2022 PSPDFKit GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- PDF Viewer Pro 3 Months $6.99
- PDF Viewer Pro Yearly $19.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.