PDF Viewer - Annotation Expert 4+
Fill Forms, Sign, Edit, Redact
- Offers In-App Purchases
PDF Viewer Pro is a fast and beautiful app, allowing you to view, search, and annotate PDF documents with ease on your Mac.
VIEW DOCUMENTS ON YOUR MAC
• Open files from the Finder. Supports Drag & Drop.
• Search for the exact text you are looking for within the document.
• Annotate images (JPEG, PNG) non-destructive, just like PDF documents. (PRO)
ANNOTATE WITH EASE
• Highlight and markup text while reviewing a document.
• Leave comments by adding a note, text, or drawing directly on the PDF.
• Add images or audio.
• Reply to notes. (PRO)
SIGN DOCUMENTS ANYWHERE
• Add your signature to any document.
• Move and resize your signature as needed.
• Flatten a document to ensure the signature doesn’t change.
CREATE AND EDIT PDFs
• Create new documents from existing documents by moving, rotating, deleting, or adding new pages.
• Combine multiple documents into a single one. (PRO)
• Add bookmarks to easily return to certain pages in large documents.
FILL OUT FORMS
• Quickly fill out PDF forms by adding text to the fields.
• Flatten and secure the form once you’re done to ensure the document doesn’t change.
• Add a signature to any form.
• Share documents by printing, emailing or saving your edits.
PASSWORD PROTECT DOCUMENTS
• Read document metadata, title and keywords.
• Protect documents with user and owner passwords and limit permissions. (PRO)
AND SO MUCH MORE
• Conveniently switch to night mode when viewing your documents at night.
• Have the text from a PDF read out loud to you with text-to-speech.
PDF Viewer comes with a large feature set, completely free. Some advanced features require the purchase of PDF Viewer Pro, available as a subscription. We offer 3-monthly and yearly subscription plans. There’s also a fully functional 7-day trial, so you can test PDF Viewer Pro (including document merging and password editing) before you commit. All plans unlock the app on Mac, iPhone and iPad.
TRUSTED BY COMPANIES YOU KNOW
PDF Viewer is built on top of and powered by PSPDFKit, the same PDF engine trusted around the world by companies like Dropbox, Box, IBM, Atlassian, SAP, and Lufthansa.
Be part of the PDF Viewer community:
Duration and price of each subscription are displayed in PDF Viewers’ storefront, updated at the time of purchase. Payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off no later than 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions and auto-renewal can be managed/turned off in the iTunes account settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period is forfeited as soon as a subscription is purchased.
Paragraph editing, including moving and resizing. Better text selection menus.
Here’s the full list of changes:
• Adds moving and resizing text boxes when using Content Editor.
• Adds context menu for selected text when using a trackpad or mouse.
• Adds support for right-to-left layout in the tabbed bar.
• Improves Content Editor by making text boxes include whole paragraphs rather than single lines. Text boxes now resize downwards instead of rightwards.
• Fixes an issue where text in multi line form field was cut off after an empty line.
• Fixes accessibility Speak and Pause actions in the text selection menu being duplicated and not doing anything.
• Fixes annotation tool icons not being visible in the text selection menu.
• Fixes the Select All menu action selecting text on a different page than the one where the menu was presented from.
• Fixes selecting images taking a long time when Speak Selection accessibility setting is turned on.
• Fixes nested inline menus appearing as sub-menus without titles.
• Fixes not being able to select annotations at the same time as deselecting text or images.
• Fixes selecting text over a text markup annotation requiring to hold the finger down for too long.
• Fixes last used opacity not being applied to text markup annotations created using the text selection menu.
• Fixes an issue where creating annotations using the text selection menu would not ask for the author name first.
• Fixes an issue where images could be inverted when redacting JBIG2 images.
• Fixes an issue where the app could freeze with malformed PDFs.
• Fixes a potential crash when open opening in an invalidly tagged PDF.
• Fixes a rare crash at launch on iOS 14.
We’d love to hear your feedback! If you have ideas or feature requests for future versions of the app, feel free to let us know. You can contact us using the in-app Support button on the settings screen.
If you enjoy the app, please write us a review and help spread the word! Thanks!
Ratings and Reviews
Great app. Feature request
First of all, really great app! I’m in med school and one of the few that learns from textbooks, rather than course material. I use this to read and organize all my textbooks - and I have a lot of them that I’ve collected over the last decade through undergrad, working, PhD, and now professional school. It’s great how I can pick up reading and annotations on my iPad, Mac, and iPhone when efficiency is key.
I try to avoid using Apple’s Books, or e-readers in general bc having files in pdf form is more universal. Some medical books I have are 1500+, and so I need to break them up into chapters. Books has cool features, but PDFs and PDF viewer is my optimal workflow. Sometimes, however, I cannot avoid Books because some things are only offered in epubs or I cannot find a pdf version.
So I do have one feature request from Books: auto-night mode. Night mode is great in PDF-viewer, and across the board for apple products, but I really do prefer to read in the true color for textbooks, especially for colored figures. At night, I noticed Books auto-switches to night mode if you have that feature turned on. It is really helpful when I am reading in bed before falling asleep and reading. I do not know if this is the place to let what features users want, but thought I’d give it a try. Thanks!
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
We do have an option to sync the page appearance with system appearance. This is a Pro feature.
And if this is enabled, the color of the page is changed when in dark mode. If you combine this with automatically switching to Dark mode on your iPad at night, this could be achieved.
We're happy to further discuss this if you would like to. You can contact us in the app via Settings > Support.
Upgrade Significantly Slows Down My Workflow
I use PDF Viewer on my iPadPro with the pencil. I extensively use highlighting with different colors being used to represent different concepts. In previous versions, I could simply change the color of an existing highlight by taping on the highlight and choosing the new color. With the latest upgrade, I need to: 1) Tap on the highlight 2) Choose “Style” from the menu 3) Choose “Color” from the next menu 4) Finally select the new color for the highlight This is a hugely negative in my productivity in using of PDF Viewer, so much so that I am looking for a replacement. Perhaps there is a configuration option that allows me to revert back to the previous style. If so, please make it more obvious. I would previously have rated PDF Viewer 4 or 5, but I am now rating it 1 since this is a huge issue for me.
Updated - I am raising my previous rating of 1 star to 5. Per the above, I complained about the change and the developer responded in version 6.2.2 to provide for easier color changes. Perhaps a small issue for mist, but big for me. More importantly, it gives me confidence that the developer is listening and open to accommodating customer feedback.
Comparable to PDF Expert, but no true editing ability
Having used PDF Expert for a long time I’m ready to find something else due to the ridiculous subscription model and lack of integration with the Mac OS program that PDF Expert has. I tried about a dozen Apps and PDF Viewer was the most pleasant surprise!
All the free features here compare with Expert. In fact I prefer some Viewer tools better: the Magic Ink pen, the highlighter behind the text, the full screen viewing with the tool bar to the side, and the ease of opening files (you can go back to the open tabs without opening another file), the Lighter “blend” mode for the pen and the very good color options too; great job!
Only a few things I don’t like: 1) the lack of a favorites toolbar (or ability to customize it). Too many clicks to switch between tools. 2) The text highlight tool does not look as nice as PDF Expert. Lose the rounded edges and have a variable text height. 3) The lack of a lasso or snapshot tool (Goodnotes has one and it almost makes that App a better PDF editor than anything else!). 4) the ability to add/create pages from a scan with OCR.
If the developers WANT to make something really worth paying for they should offer full ability to edit text and objects within a PDF (original text, not just user added text). Until then I’ll keep searching for the ideal PDF App.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- PSPDFKit GmbH
- 53.3 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2023 PSPDFKit GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- PDF Viewer Pro 3 Months $6.99
- PDF Viewer Pro Yearly $19.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.