**"One of 5 most purr-fect apps for Cat Lovers" (04/29/2014) - Mobile FOMO**
**"8 Cool Tools for Gadget - Loving Pet People" (04/23/2014) - Good Housekeeping**
**"App could be a lifesaver for beloved four legged companions" (02/04/2014) - Times News**
**"We just used the NEW @redcross Pet FA App while at the #darbyfire response! Awesome! #gamechanging" (01/16/2014) - Red Paw Emergency Relief Team**
**"Your cat is wheezing and coughing. A car just hit your dog. Don't panic. The American Red Cross has a 99-cent app to help." (01/27/2014) The Ledger.com**
**"There is a new app on the market that is allowing pet owners to be potential life savers." (01/15/2014) - WMBF News**
Take care of your furry family member. The American Red Cross Pet First Aid app puts veterinary advice for everyday emergencies in the palm of your hand. Get the app and be prepared to act when called upon. With videos, interactive quizzes and simple step-by-step advice it’s never been easier to know Pet First Aid.
• Convenient toggle between cat and dog content.
• Simple step-by-step instructions guide you through everyday emergencies in the palm of your hand.
• Prepare and protect your pet’s health with advice on administering medication, time to say goodbye, behavioral help and how to act in a disaster situation.
• Early warning sign checker for preventive care.
• Programmable veterinary contact number to be available when needed throughout the app.
• Learn first aid steps for over 25 common pet situations through a combination of text, video and images, in addition to identifying common toxic substances.
• Locate your nearest emergency vet hospital or pet-friendly hotels.
• Respond to pet emergencies with “how to” videos for the common and stressful emergency situations inclusive of size specific CPR techniques.
• Customize multiple pet profiles and set veterinary appointments.
• Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends along with a picture of your pet.
We've been working on our app to make sure we're optimised for the latest OS!
Ratings and Reviews
Good info PENDING actual vet care
I’m a retired “people” surgeon. I think the advice is pretty good; the veterinarians criticizing it seem mainly and perhaps appropriately concerned that owners will use it as a substitute for professional veterinary care. Hopefully, owners that download it love their pets and will seek the best care available, as soon as possible. Sometimes, however, you have no choice, due to time or distance, and you need to step up. If there are specific bits of advice that should be changed, the naysayers would do more good by enumerating those concerns here, or better yet by suggesting changes to the app developer, or by suggesting another app. Simply encouraging ignorance is not helpful.
#1 Go To Emergency Guide
Not to be used in place of veterinarian care, this guide provides a number of guidelines to help diagnose and provide care to your pet before deciding whether or not they need emergency care. I was so unbelievably relieved when I ran across this application, it's given me proper numbers to look for in terms of proper temperatures and heart rates as well as what signs to look for that might give me an idea as to whats wrong with my pet. Sometimes having this information handy prior to a vet visit or emergency pet clinic visit can help speed up the process in providing your pet with the care that they need. For me as a woman I've always lacked all maternal instincts, except for when it comes to my dog... he's the most important thing in this world to me and it's no question that I believe he deserves all of my attentive care at all times but most especially when he's showing signs of unusual behaviors. This app has not only given me an informative guide to care but it's given me peace of mind for that if and when my dog might act a certain way or if anything were to happen I would know immediately where to look to find out what my next steps should be in giving my dog the utmost of proper care. Love your pet enough to get this application. It has proven to be invaluable to me and I know you're going to feel better having had it when it's time to need it.
Good app in a pretty poor field
Red Cross knows how to do first aid training and this app is a good example. All pet owners should have an app and this is the best — a good app -- amongst a pretty lousy bunch. Needs a bit of attention the fine detail but the medical content is sound. Recommended app.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- American Red Cross
- 60.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2013-2020 The American National Red Cross
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.