"Thank you for listening to our feedback and finally launching a phonics ninja app with blends and digraphs!" - Sonja, SLP and mom of four lovely kids.
I have a confession to make. My son's favorite game was Fruit Ninja and I was getting increasingly frustrated with having my son waste a lot of time on a fun but mindless game while he was still struggling to master his phonics and learning to read.
So I decided to create our very own phonics slicing game and to my and my son's delight, he now has a new favorite game where he is having fun and learning at the same time.
My sons skills in recognizing letters, blends and digraphs have dramatically improved since he started playing phonics ninja and now I no longer have to feel guilty when I need a five minute break to take care of the laundry or prepare lunch for the kids. I know that they are having fun and that they are learning at the same time.
Warning: Your child will keep begging for your iPhone or iPad after they try this app.
Phonics Ninja is an exciting educational game that helps kids rapidly learn letter sounds, blends, and digraphs by sight, sound, and touch.
The interface is so easy to use that even a 9 month old baby will delight in using this app.
• Slice your way through all lowercase letters by sound
• Slice your way through all phonic blends including bl, br, cl, cr, dr, fl, fr, gl, gr, pl, pr, sc, sk, sl, sm, sn, sp, st, sw & tr
• Slice your way through all phonic digraphs including ch, ck, gh, gn, kn, ng, ph, qu, sh, th, wh, wr & tch (trigraph)
• You decide what to focus on - turn individual categories ON or OFF from the settings page. Just press on the ON / OFF button. You can also turn individual letter and phonic sounds ON and OFF within each category.
• Learn by sight, sound, and touch
• Fun game play, sounds, and animations keep kids engaged
• Dynamic game play adjusts difficulty (the number of sight words) automatically based on player skills to keep kids both challenged and entertained vs. getting bored
• Supports 3 difficulty settings: EASY, MEDIUM, or HARD
- Max 1 phonic sound
- letters move very slowly
- Great for introducing phonic sounds one at a time
- Starts with 1 phonic sound
- Max of 3 phonic sounds on screen
- Letters move 30% faster
- Starts with 2 phonic sounds
- Max of 5 phonics on screen
- Phonic letters move even faster
- Letters rotate faster too
Adjust difficulty from settings page.
• Wrong answers do not interfere with gameplay, the child can immediately try again and slice the correct answer (most other games are too slow to keep kids interested by interrupting the gameplay and slowly repeating the desired question)
• Play Phonics Ninja from A to Z or in random order (adjustable from settings page)
• Multi-sensory learning tool - combining audio, voice, and touch
• Want to work on just a few phonic sounds? No problem… head to the settings page to turn entire categories or individual phonic sounds on and off
• Want to record your own audios? No problem. Just click on the category and record your own sounds for each item
• Supports three levels of difficulty
Heroic Support is not just what we do. It's really what makes us, well, us. It's that drive to make a difference in your life - no matter how big or small. Really, it's our way of life because we want you to be our customer for a lifetime of fun and learning.
Have questions? We are here to help. Email us at email@example.com
● Minor bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Cute phonics app
Cute phonics app for young children
Kids love it!
My kids love it at first but bore easily. I would like it to add more features like combining sounds to create words. Also could use specific words that target articulation sounds!
It's great to have an app to allow students to work on discrimination of what sounds the letters make! It's also wonderful that those pesky vocalic "r's" are included.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.