Daily spotlight science and technology news stories from Phys.org.
This includes stories in the fields of physics, nanotechnology, electronics, space and earth sciences, biology, chemistry, computer sciences, engineering, mathematics, etc.
Readers may bookmark and share favorite stories from the app.
The Phys.org app is ads-free.
Free app content is limited to selected spotlight stories. Access to Phys.org's full content is available with the monthly subscription plan for just $0.99. Your first subscription week is free.
Monthly subscription options:
- Unlimited digital access on any device for $0.99 per month. You will be charged in your local currency at the prevailing exchange rate as defined by App Store.
- The app offers 7 days trial. At the end of the free trial period, the full price of the subscription will be charged thereafter. Cancellations must occur 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
Feedback and comments: https://sciencex.com/help/feedback/
This release contains minor user interface improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Hard to read on smaller mobile
I just downloaded this app and can tell that I will love reading the articles, except they’re going to be a bit hard to read. The font of the titles in the list of stories is small, and there are dark blue fonted words throughout the stories that are completely illegible. I use “dark mode”, which may be a contributing factor.
App crashes to view saved articles
I love this site and was excited to get the app. I got the app about a year ago or so and noticed immediately the app would crash whenever I tried to view saved articles. At first I thought the app was still getting figured out and didn’t mind it. But till today, the app STILL crashes to view saved articles. The fact this simple bug still hasn’t been fixed is beyond me. Fix this simple bug and this app would get 5 stars. I don’t understand how this hasn’t been resolved.
Great Readings but…
I love the app’s reading material. I feel like I’m out making discoveries with the science community. The app,itself just seems crash often and the biggest reason I don’t use it as often. I would like to see maybe blogs and better notifications such as me wanting to see updates on discoveries or maybe just filtering for subjects on the cosmos!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Alpha Media Group BV
- 6.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2016 Phys.org
- In-App Purchases
- All access $0.99