Daily spotlight science and technology news stories from Phys.org.
This includes stories in the fields of physics, nanotechnology, electronics, space and earth sciences, biology, chemistry, computer sciences, engineering, mathematics, etc.
Readers may rate, bookmark and share favorite stories from the app.
The Phys.org app is ads-free.
Free app content is limited to selected spotlight stories. Access to Phys.org's full content is available with the monthly subscription plan for just $0.99. Your first subscription week is free.
Monthly subscription options:
- Unlimited digital access on any device for $0.99 per month. You will be charged in your local currency at the prevailing exchange rate as defined by App Store.
- The app offers 7 days trial. At the end of the free trial period, the full price of the subscription will be charged thereafter. Cancellations must occur 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
Feedback and comments: https://sciencex.com/help/feedback/
Fixed a bug where push notifications won't open from notification center
Ratings and Reviews
Hard to read on smaller mobile
I just downloaded this app and can tell that I will love reading the articles, except they’re going to be a bit hard to read. The font of the titles in the list of stories is small, and there are dark blue fonted words throughout the stories that are completely illegible. I use “dark mode”, which may be a contributing factor.
Great Readings but…
I love the app’s reading material. I feel like I’m out making discoveries with the science community. The app,itself just seems crash often and the biggest reason I don’t use it as often. I would like to see maybe blogs and better notifications such as me wanting to see updates on discoveries or maybe just filtering for subjects on the cosmos!
Need to to fix bug with favorited articles
Let me start by saying this is my favorite app. It’s the only news I care to read since it isn’t loaded with political garbage and propaganda. However, every time I go to favorited articles I cannot scroll through the list to see the more recent articles I’ve favorited. The app crashes EVERY single time without fail. Not sure if it’s a scheme to make people pay for the full app but I’m very disappointed in the developers. Fix this simple bug and I would gladly rate 5/5 stars.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Alpha Media Group BV
- 14.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2016 Phys.org
- In-App Purchases
- All access $0.99