Pixaki 4 Intro 4+
Pixel art for everyone
Rizer Creative Ltd
Pixaki Intro is perfect for anyone getting started with pixel art, and a great way to try out the features found in Pixaki Pro. Pixaki Intro lets you create sprites up to 160 × 160 px, with 3 layers and 8 frames of animation.
• Pixel perfect painting mode automatically removes double pixels when doing line art.
• Round, square, and matrix dither brushes.
• Line tool, which can be locked to isometric angles.
• Rectangle and ellipse tools.
LAYERS OF ANIMATION
• Layers are shared across the whole project, which means every layer has its own timeline.
• Static image layers for background and foreground elements that are the same on every frame.
• 18 layer blend modes.
• Rename layers.
• Reorder layers and frames by using drag and drop.
• Scrubbable timeline.
• Advanced onion skin options.
• Select multiple layers or frames at once to quickly make bulk adjustments.
• Use high resolution reference layers to pixel over your sketches and photos.
• Four color selection modes: a square picker with an infinitely scrolling hue slider, sliders for HSB and RGB, hex code input, and the project palette.
• Eyedropper to sample any color from the canvas.
• Bucket fill, with contiguous or discontiguous options.
• Color replace across the whole project.
• Freehand, rectangular, and color selection.
• Use the active selection as a mask.
• Cut or copy the selected pixels and paste them to any app that supports pasting images.
• Move without needing to select. Position the image on or off the canvas without clipping.
• Scale uniformly up and down, or squash and stretch.
• Rotate by any angle.
• Flip horizontally and vertically.
IMPORT & EXPORT
• Import any static image, or a GIF.
• Use magnification when sharing to upscale without the results looking blurry.
• Export as a single image or image sequence as PNG, TIFF, or JPEG-2000.
• Export animated images as GIF or APNG.
• Export as a sprite sheet, with configurable columns.
Screenshot artwork by Genuine Human, waneella, Chelsea Faust, and rachels_ham.
Find out more at pixaki.com.
• Fixed issues with symmetry when using the line tool.
• Fixed the color picker gesture not working when first opening a project.
• Fixed issues with the color fill tool when a selection is active.
Ratings and Reviews
It’s fine as an intro but you should be able to select multiple projects and export them all at once. I use this app too make game sprites and it’s annoying having to export them all one at a time.
Great pixel app but to pricy
Update: after joining the discord and seeing how much effort the developer is putting into improving the Pixaki app and pixel art community, I have bought the full app, hopefully the app continues to have a long and fruitful life.
I know this is technically the demo version but so far this is hands down the best pixel app on the ipad! Sadly the full version is about $27 which is a bit pricy for a ipad app when there are dedicated pixel art cpu apps like Aseprite ($19), and full blown digital painting apps which can be used for pixel art like Procreate ($13, although i admit Procreate lacks basic pixel art functions) I would love the full version but as of right now im not sure if the hefty price tag of $26 is reasonable. If it were a bit closer to it competitors price range then i wouldn't hesitate.
Really nice demo to test!
While the layer count is fairly limited, and from what I saw in reviews I assume the colors as well, this was a really nice means to test the program before making a purchase! Since I personally like to work with smaller palettes in pixel work, I didnt find that restraint an issue in the demo. I’ve previously worked with Photoshop, Aesprite, and Procreate for pixel art pieces, and while procreate is a great photoshop equivalent, there was one too many hurdles with making pixel art for me, that I wanted a program to supplement. So I think this is a great fit to use in tandem with another software of choice, while for other folks it could be a little more restrictive with just one.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rizer Creative Ltd
- 26.8 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Rizer Creative Ltd