Pixaki Intro is perfect for anyone getting started with pixel art, and a great way to try out the features found in Pixaki Pro. Pixaki Intro lets you create sprites up to 160 × 160 px, with 3 layers and 8 frames of animation.
• Pixel perfect painting mode automatically removes double pixels when doing line art.
• Round, square, and matrix dither brushes.
• Line tool, which can be locked to isometric angles.
• Rectangle and ellipse tools.
LAYERS OF ANIMATION
• Layers are shared across the whole project, which means every layer has its own timeline.
• Static image layers for background and foreground elements that are the same on every frame.
• 18 layer blend modes.
• Rename layers.
• Reorder layers and frames by using drag and drop.
• Scrubbable timeline.
• Advanced onion skin options.
• Select multiple layers or frames at once to quickly make bulk adjustments.
• Use high resolution reference layers to pixel over your sketches and photos.
• Four color selection modes: a square picker with an infinitely scrolling hue slider, sliders for HSB and RGB, hex code input, and the project palette.
• Eyedropper to sample any color from the canvas.
• Bucket fill, with contiguous or discontiguous options.
• Color replace across the whole project.
• Freehand, rectangular, and color selection.
• Use the active selection as a mask.
• Cut or copy the selected pixels and paste them to any app that supports pasting images.
• Move without needing to select. Position the image on or off the canvas without clipping.
• Scale uniformly up and down, or squash and stretch.
• Rotate by any angle.
• Flip horizontally and vertically.
IMPORT & EXPORT
• Import any static image, or a GIF.
• Use magnification when sharing to upscale without the results looking blurry.
• Export as a single image or image sequence as PNG, TIFF, or JPEG-2000.
• Export animated images as GIF or APNG.
• Export as a sprite sheet, with configurable columns.
Screenshot artwork by Genuine Human, waneella, Chelsea Faust, and rachels_ham.
Find out more at pixaki.com.
• Fixed the file picker not showing the sidebar on iPadOS 16.2.
• Fixed changing the grid opacity not allowing the new value to be saved as default.
• Fixed the selection state indicator on the palette color picker and grid color picker.
• Fixed issues with changing tool whilst dragging to make a rectangular selection.
• Fixed issues with keyframes.
• Fixed an issue with leaving the animation on the preview window running when closing a document causing a crash.
Ratings and Reviews
It’s fine as an intro but you should be able to select multiple projects and export them all at once. I use this app too make game sprites and it’s annoying having to export them all one at a time.
Really nice demo to test!
While the layer count is fairly limited, and from what I saw in reviews I assume the colors as well, this was a really nice means to test the program before making a purchase! Since I personally like to work with smaller palettes in pixel work, I didnt find that restraint an issue in the demo. I’ve previously worked with Photoshop, Aesprite, and Procreate for pixel art pieces, and while procreate is a great photoshop equivalent, there was one too many hurdles with making pixel art for me, that I wanted a program to supplement. So I think this is a great fit to use in tandem with another software of choice, while for other folks it could be a little more restrictive with just one.
Great pixel app but to pricy
I know this is technically the demo version but so far this is hands down the best pixel app on the ipad! Sadly the full version is about $27 which is a bit pricy for a ipad app when there are dedicated pixel art cpu apps like Aseprite ($19), and full blown digital painting apps which can be used for pixel art like Procreate ($13, although i admit Procreate lacks basic pixel art functions) I would love the full version but as of right now im not sure if the hefty price tag of $26 is reasonable. If it were a bit closer to it competitors price range then i wouldn't hesitate.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rizer Creative Ltd
- 26.3 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Rizer Creative Ltd