Pixaki Intro is perfect for anyone getting started with pixel art, and a great way to try out the features found in Pixaki Pro. Pixaki Intro lets you create sprites up to 160 × 160 px, with 3 layers and 8 frames of animation.
• Pixel perfect painting mode automatically removes double pixels when doing line art.
• Round, square, and matrix dither brushes.
• Line tool, which can be locked to isometric angles.
• Rectangle and ellipse tools.
LAYERS OF ANIMATION
• Layers are shared across the whole project, which means every layer has its own timeline.
• Static image layers for background and foreground elements that are the same on every frame.
• 18 layer blend modes.
• Rename layers.
• Reorder layers and frames by using drag and drop.
• Scrubbable timeline.
• Advanced onion skin options.
• Select multiple layers or frames at once to quickly make bulk adjustments.
• Use high resolution reference layers to pixel over your sketches and photos.
• Four color selection modes: a square picker with an infinitely scrolling hue slider, sliders for HSB and RGB, hex code input, and the project palette.
• Eyedropper to sample any color from the canvas.
• Bucket fill, with contiguous or discontiguous options.
• Color replace across the whole project.
• Freehand, rectangular, and color selection.
• Use the active selection as a mask.
• Cut or copy the selected pixels and paste them to any app that supports pasting images.
• Move without needing to select. Position the image on or off the canvas without clipping.
• Scale uniformly up and down, or squash and stretch.
• Rotate by any angle.
• Flip horizontally and vertically.
IMPORT & EXPORT
• Import any static image, or a GIF.
• Use magnification when sharing to upscale without the results looking blurry.
• Export as a single image or image sequence as PNG, TIFF, or JPEG-2000.
• Export animated images as GIF or APNG.
• Export as a sprite sheet, with configurable columns.
Screenshot artwork by Genuine Human, waneella, Chelsea Faust, and rachels_ham.
Find out more at pixaki.com.
• Fixed an issue with selections being incorrectly resized when transforming if the freehand selection is not closed before switching tools.
• Fixed the order of layers when copying and pasting between projects.
• Fixed an issue with special characters in layer names causing issues with exported PSDs.
• Fixed an issue with Aseprite export when cels are positioned too far off the canvas.
• Fixed an issue with renaming duplicated projects in iCloud Drive.
Ratings and Reviews
Good introduction to the program
Good intro, but super limited. I don’t need an animation system in an intro to pixel art. I need more colors. The color limitations are a big downer.
A very buggy app
The app let me make one sprite and has not let me edit it or make another one windward having created that one….not sure how to fix it either.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rizer Creative Ltd
- 34 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Rizer Creative Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.