No time to delve into the big and serious music apps?
PixiTracker is what you need! It is a simple and fun tool to quickly create musical sketches, chiptunes and sound experiments. Without requiring a lot of musical knowledge!
[ Key features ]
• true warm pixel interface;
• pattern-based sequencer (tracker) with high quality sampler;
• several packs with unique sounds;
• sound recorder (from microphone or line-in);
• MIDI keyboard support;
• WAV export/import;
• export to XM - this file can be loaded by any modern music tracker/player (for example, SunVox);
• Wi-Fi export/import, iTunes File Sharing, audio copy/paste;
• Audiobus and IAA support;
• PixiTracker is also available for other systems (see the site);
• PixiTracker player is open source, so you can freely use it in your own Pixilang applications.
* user files are now available through the Files app;
* lists of recent files and folders have been added to the file browser;
* new song - Example13;
* bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Simple but great.
I’ve had this a while and it really is a fun little sequencer. I never used it much but I pulled it out and recorded some random sounds into it for a drum beat and I fell in love. I’m a perfectionist with my music and tend to get caught up with effects, mixing and making things sound just right. This takes most of those distractions away and allows me to get back to basics and I can enjoy myself more.
Guaranteed to put a smile on your face
This app is just so much fun! It’s a great way to break out of that oppressive rut when I start to take my music making too seriously. Like picking up a ukulele after modal jazz scales on guitar all day or something. 😎
Not to mention, if you want to go all nerdy after all that, you can Import the song into SunVox as a great kickstart to a project there.
Just get it! It’s way too fun to pass up!
Very fun and easy way to lay out ideas
Pleasantly surprised at how easy this app is. I think the load/save sound(s) being on the opposite page is a strange design choice, but not too painful. all in all, it does a pretty decent job of letting you build out an idea quickly... import and export features are very welcome as well.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.