Prizmo 5.6 brings important improvements to its OCR, new interactions to manipulate documents, iOS 16 support, and close-up shots with iPhone 14 Pro.
Prizmo is the most capable scanner app for iPhone & iPad to create stunning scans of documents or process business cards from photos. Prizmo offers an efficient capture workflow, powerful editing capabilities, a choice of highly accurate OCRs, text-to-speech & accessibility features, searchable PDF & DOCX exports, and comprehensive automation, all packaged in an elegant & intuitive user interface.
Prizmo will be your trusted mobile scanner, always at hand.
*** Featured in an Apple Keynote presentation ***
“Prizmo is a remarkably deep app that includes a myriad of other features.“ — MacStories
“When it comes to mobile scanner apps, Prizmo 5 is unmatched for its fast, streamlined workflow and high-quality scans.” — MacWorld
• New capture workflow tailored for speed: in just 3 taps, have your document scanned, cleaned up, cropped, and text-recognized to a multi-page PDF right into your cloud
• Highest quality scans: up to 300+ DPI
• State-of-the-art page detection
• Quality review: keep or reshoot
• Innovative stabilization
• Multi-page support
• Reliable & accurate on-device OCR with machine learning in 28 languages(*)
• High-performance Cloud OCR in 139 languages(*) + handwriting recognition
• Fine-grained OCR editing: text & regions, binarization, text polarity
• Structural analysis with CoreML
• Background processing
ENHANCE, EDIT & EXPORT
• Adjust rotation, perspective crop, cleanup mode (black/white, color, gray), brightness & contrast, edge repair
• Flattening of curved contents (books & magazines)
• Powerful non-destructive editing: original photo can always be reprocessed from scratch without reshooting
• Export formats: searchable PDF, Microsoft Word DOCX with original layout, TXT, PNG, JPEG
• Advanced PDF options: password protected PDF, efficient compression formats
(customizable JPEG quality, CCITT G4, JBIG2) to generate small files
• Auto Upload: PDFs are automatically sent to your cloud (iCloud, Dropbox, OneDrive, WebDAV)
• Export business cards to Contacts or as vCard
• Smart actions: interact with detected phone numbers, dates, locations, email addresses, URLs
ANNOTATION & MARKUP
• Powerful annotation engine that works with Apple Pencil, capacitive pencils or finger
• Annotate papers, fill out forms, or sign documents
• Markup is stored in editable form (can be updated or even removed at any time)
TEXT READER & VOICE
• Comfortable multi-page reading experience
• Customizable margins, line spacing, text size & fonts
• Read text aloud using iOS voices
• Adjustable speech rate & playback controls
• Word highlighting during playback
• Optimized for VoiceOver
• Spoken guidance prior to shooting
• Spoken description
• Dynamic Type
• OpenDyslexic reading font
• Batch editing: replicate settings across pages
• Automation (x-callback-url): use Shortcuts app to automate document processing
• Keyboard shortcuts
• Siri Shortcuts
• Messages extension: scan & send a document without leaving the conversation
• Open In & Photos extensions (process & cleanup)
• iPad multitasking and drag & drop
• iCloud & Continuity across iPhone, iPad & Mac
• Background audio player
• Prizmo is available as a free download to try out its core features
• Premium Pack is a one-time purchase to unlock all limitations: unlimited on-device OCR, full access to text & text-to-speech, smart actions, watermark removal
• Cloud Plan subscription (optional) provides the Cloud OCR feature. Plans are detailed in the app
• Volume purchase (VPP): see Prizmo (Volume Ed.)
Prizmo is "privacy first". Personal data is yours, we don’t access it, we don’t read it, we don’t host it on our servers.
(*) full list of OCR languages available on https://creaceed.com/iprizmo
Cloud OCR requires an Internet connection.
- Fixed a bug where selecting a Live Photo in the photos picker could fail.
- Fixed a crash that could occasionally occur with multi-column layouts + improved parsing of hyphen-terminated text lines.
## More information about Prizmo 5.6 ##
Prizmo 5.6 is an important update that brings major improvements to text processing (OCR), interactions to manipulate documents and pages, as well as optimization for iOS 16 & important bug fixes.
Prizmo is the ultimate pro scanning app for iPhone & iPad with a simple workflow, powerful editing tools including OCR and pencil annotation, and fully controllable PDF generation & cloud export.
TEXT PROCESSING / OCR
- Major update of the Cloud OCR engine that now supports 139 languages as well as handwriting in 9 languages, and which further improves its already state-of-the-art accuracy. Also, handwriting vs. print handling is now fully automatic, with no user pre-selection needed.
- Major overhaul of text layout understanding for both on-device and Cloud OCR engines. Document layout parsing (OCR post-processing) has been upgraded for better text block & column generation. Recognized text blocks now better represent the original document intent for all supported OCRs.
- Cloud OCR is now faster by using the nearest server. Server location can be manually changed "Settings > OCR > Cloud OCR > Server Location".
- Cloud OCR still provides excellent privacy on top of its industry-leading performance for both print & handwritten documents, with user data being immediately deleted after processing & not used for any other purpose.
STRUCTURE INTERACTIONS & CONTEXUAL MENUS
For both the documents browser and pages editor:
- Use of contextual menus for the available actions for documents and pages.
- Touch and hold an item to enter in multiple selection has been replaced by a dedicated button. It now also supports the iOS interaction that allows to select multiple items by dragging two fingers over the items you want to select.
- On iPadOS, you can select multiple items using the keyboard and trackpad.
- Like on the iPad before, drag & drop to other apps is now available on the iPhone (requires iOS 15 or later).
PAGE LIST EDITING
- By using touch and hold, you can now reorder pages directly without going in edit mode first.
- You can now duplicate the selected pages.
- By using the contextual menu, you can insert new pages after a selected page.
OTHER ENHANCEMENTS + iOS 16
- Handling of close-up shot that could appear blurred on latest iPhone Pro models (13 Pro / 14 Pro) by automatically switching to the most appropriate lens.
- Use of contextual menus with modern iOS style all over the app.
- In the page editor, when sharing a page, all formats (JPEG, PDF, etc.) are now available.
- Use of iOS modern bottom sheet style (iOS 16 only).
- Text-to-speech: added support for new "Premium" quality voices of iOS 16.
- Predictive keyboard has been enabled when editing a document filename.
- Improved display of the recognized text for right-to-left languages.
- Fixed a bug where page thumbnails could be truncated in the pages sidebar on the iPad.
Prizmo now requires iOS 14 or higher.
Ratings and Reviews
Constantly clips/mangles the edges of scans
I am disappointed that it appears a recent update has mangled the scanning feature. It constantly clips/mangles the edges of scans now. Letters disappear at the edges of the image. It is clear the algorithm used to clean up the images is messing up.
Update: Developer’s response helped fix the problem. Not bitter, but the edge correction shouldn’t be on by default, I think it is a bit like the straightening of text, it should be an on/off button control. That said, thank you to the developer for responding quickly and identifying the problem and providing the fix!
Developer Response ,
Hello. You could try deactivating the "Edge Repair" feature. While in Image mode, tap on "Adjust" then deactivate "Edge Repair". If you still encounter issues, you can always send us the image where you notice this problem so that we can test it here. Just send it to firstname.lastname@example.org /TC
I really have a hard time reading and retaining what I read because my mind wanders. I love this app because it gets me through all my college readings. I wish the scanner was a smidge better but it may be a user error lol. I tell all my friends about it. I wish I knew about this app as a freshman!
Developer Response ,
Great to hear! Thank you for the kind words. /TC
Most capable scanner IPadOS. Vast improvement over v 4.
Remarkable app. Many, many features. As advertised, really simple if you want it to be, but also really capable. Huge improvement over previous version and well worth the tiny price. OCR works like a pro scanner, finding logical chunks of text and images; you can ignore or reorder them if you want. Exports to many apps. Plus works well with iPad share sheet. Autoscans multipage documents.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for the kind words! Appreciated.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Creaceed SRL
- 57 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Creaceed SRL
- In-App Purchases
- Cloud Plan (S) - Monthly $0.99
- Premium Pack (non-recurring) $19.99
- Premium Pack (Upgrade 4 > 5) $9.99
- Cloud Plan (S) - Yearly $9.99
- Cloud Plan (L) - Monthly $4.99
- Cloud Plan (L) - Yearly $49.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.