Write R code directly on your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch! This app is ideal for learning and testing code snippets!
R is a programming language and software environment for statistical computing and graphics supported by the R Foundation for Statistical Computing. The R language is widely used among statisticians and data miners for developing statistical software and data analysis
- Compile and run your program
- Supports plotting and graphing
- View program output or detailed error
- Select and run chunk of codes
- Custom keyboard for easy input of frequently used characters
- Optimized for connecting with external physical/bluetooth keyboard
- Advanced source code editor with syntax highlighting and line numbers
- Support different R compiler versions namely: 3.4, 3.5 and 3.6
- Open, save, import and share R files. Supports File Sharing with iTunes Connect, AirDrop and iCloud.
- Language reference
- Install packages
- Internet connection is required for compilation
- Maximum program running time is 20s
- Some file system, network and graphics functions may be limited
- This is a batch compiler; interactive programs, for instance swirl, are not supported. If your program provides an input prompt, enter the input in the Input tab prior to compilation. See the Reference tab in the app for code examples
Enable/disable syntax highlighting in Settings
Ratings and Reviews
I use this app quite a bit for running simple R scripts and visualizations on the go...and I like it for quickly trying out new programming scripts, even some machine learning models. Notably, the Developer really cares about feedback and doing right by its customers—they are responsive! I was dissatisfied with an aspect of an earlier update and wrote a critical review of it. The developer reached out to me and quickly made arrangement to solve my concerns, and even improved my user experience in the process. I have changed my opinion—now I am a very enthusiastic supporter of both the app and the developer.
Awesome statistics app
R is the most powerful statistical programming platform available. The lack of R on iOS has been disappointing for many years. I was very surprised when I searched again recently and found this app. I am very impressed and extremely happy that I can now crunch numbers and do powerful statistics on my iPad and iPhone. I would love to see continuing development of this app. It would be great if we could sync files with iCloud or Dropbox. I have upgraded to the paid version. If you add a donate option, I will continue to support. Thank you and keep up the great work.
Very impressed and appreciative!
I am a grad student who has to do a lot of stats and data analysis and I must say I am impressed with this app. I love being able to work in R while on the go and even when I just feel like being on a couch and still be able to work. Comes with most packages I needed and you are able to install the rest of the packages you may desire! Additionally, the developer is extremely helpful and quick to respond! Totally recommend supporting the developer for making such an awesome app!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.