Write R code directly on your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch! This app is ideal for learning and testing code snippets!
R is a programming language and software environment for statistical computing and graphics supported by the R Foundation for Statistical Computing. The R language is widely used among statisticians and data miners for developing statistical software and data analysis
- Compile and run your program
- Supports plotting and graphing
- View program output or detailed error
- Select and run chunk of codes
- Custom keyboard for easy input of frequently used characters
- Optimized for connecting with external physical/bluetooth keyboard
- Advanced source code editor with syntax highlighting and line numbers
- Support different R compiler versions namely: 4.0 and 4.1
- Open, save, import and share R files
- Language reference
- Access thousands of packages
- Install additional packages from CRAN and Bioconductor (BiocManager)
- Internet connection is required for compilation
- Maximum program running time is 20s
- Some file system, network and graphics functions may be limited
- This is a batch compiler; interactive programs, for instance swirl, are not supported. If your program provides an input prompt, enter the input in the Input tab prior to compilation. See the Reference tab in the app for code examples.
GET FULL ACCESS
Upgrade to a Premium Membership and Receive the Following Ongoing Value:
• No ads
• Unlimited plots
• Install packages
• Latest Compilers
If you choose to purchase a subscription, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged within 24-hours prior to the end of the free trial or current period. Subscription with a free trial period will automatically renew to a paid subscription. Any unused portion of a free trial period (if offered) will be forfeited when you purchase a premium subscription during the free trial period. You can cancel the automatic renewal of your subscription at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes store after purchase. The cancellation will take effect the day after the last day of the current subscription period, and you will be downgraded to the free service.
Terms & Conditions: https://kappsmart.com/rcompiler/terms.html
Bug fix for bracket completion.
Ratings and Reviews
R on iOS Great
I’ve just started toying around with this and find it to be a great app.
I would like to suggest
On the “File” menu I’d like to suggest
- Add common File actions like “New”, “Save”, and “Save As...”. I know for “New” equivalent it’s possible to go to Open and create a file there but that requires multiple steps where on a normal application its a single step.
On the package area, I’d also like to suggest
- some sort of “filter” of existing packages to allow the user to find if a given package has already installed
- click on the package and get the info for the package.
- not sure how to determine if latest package is installed or not
Other Miscellaneous item
I find the short cut key to clear on input and source area, not sure how to clear he “Output” area
Super satisfied, I love it.
I’ve been working with this app for a couple months now, and I can say I am very satisfied with it. I’m able to complete small projects for work on my iPad, the convenience it provides is amazing. Customer service is also provided in a timely, polite fashion. I only have one complaint — since the R 4.0 upgrade, it takes a bit longer for packages to download than before. I used to be able to download packages within minutes (even seconds) but now there’s more of a wait time. So I recommend downloading all the packages you’ll need beforehand. However, even with that said, I still feel as though this deserves a solid 5 stars. It truly is a wonderful app.
Developer Response ,
Please do not worry. If you have purchased the one-time offer, you are not required to subscribe. Simply select ‘Restore Purchases’.
We have added a subscription option since the release of R 4.0 as it is becoming extremely expensive for us to maintain all the packages for all the versions.
So in your case, you won’t be charged again at all.
I use this app quite a bit for running simple R scripts and visualizations on the go...and I like it for quickly trying out new programming scripts, even some machine learning models. Notably, the Developer really cares about feedback and doing right by its customers—they are responsive! I was dissatisfied with an aspect of an earlier update and wrote a critical review of it. The developer reached out to me and quickly made arrangement to solve my concerns, and even improved my user experience in the process. I have changed my opinion—now I am a very enthusiastic supporter of both the app and the developer.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ketan Appa
- 23 MB
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2022, Kappsmart.com. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month Subscription $4.99
- 1 Year Subscription $29.99
- 6 Months Subscription $19.99