Rave Guardian is the best way to improve your personal safety by leveraging those you trust to be your own private safety network. Rave Guardian provides rapid and proactive communication with your organization. Guardian is completely configured by the organization(s) you are associated with to make connecting in times of crisis or just plain confusion simple and easy.
Easy 2 field sign-up process for most people.
Rave Guardian allows you to do the following(depending on what your participating organization allows):
• Text with your organization in real time
• Send in anonymous tips
• Deliver a rich profile of information to safety officials
• Share location information with safety official during an emergency call
• Quick access to safety or important phone numbers
• Robust resources selected by your organization for convenience
• If you allow Guardian, you can receive important notification based on your location.
If you allow Rave Guardian, you can received push notifications related to on-going events in your area.
If you wish to customize Rave Guardian for your campus or workplace, contact us at email@example.com
• Rave Guardian requires a connection to a mobile network data connection.
• Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery life.
• Guardian is now available in French
• The registration process has been improved for Canadian users
• Bug fixes
• Accessibility enhancements
• User experience enhancements
• New content type in available
• Enhancements for iOS 13
Ratings and Reviews
Makes me feel safe!
I love the safety timer feature! It makes me feel safe when I leave the office late at night and am walking alone to my car. I have also had my boyfriend be my “guardian” when taking the subway at night which also makes me feel more secure. I encourage all my friends to get this app, great for solo travel after dark.
Developer Response ,
Thanks Icecreamdevil! We're so happy Guardian can be there for you!
Improve crisis design
Folks who use this frequently, like for late night outings, might not have this issue, but for those of us using this app to contact University law enforcement, in the moment of a crisis, either will not be able to enter or will forget the complex password you require.
In an emergency, rapid contact is key. Even folks who remember their own will be fumbling through the key pad in a stressful time. The "phone call" app is faster.
Put an emergency call button on the screen - pre-login. Let the dispatchers authenticate while having the other resources the app provides. Otherwise, in an emergency, I will opt to place a phone call.
Developer Response ,
Hello! I'd like to let you know the app no longer requires a complex password and has some new features. It now takes fewer taps to contacts safety officials from the app then opening the native phone and dialing. If you have other ideas I'd love to hear them firstname.lastname@example.org
I haven’t had to actively use this app yet, but I am happy it exists. However, my one complaint is that is uses so much battery. My battery has been dying super quick ever since I downloaded it, and according to my battery reports, it had the second highest percentage of battery usage at 13%, without me even opening the app. If possible, I’d appreciate an update that allows the app to use less battery life. After all, no matter how useful an app is, a dead phone is not a useful phone.
Developer Response ,
Hello! We released an update this week (v2.2.3) that should solve this issue for all iOS devices. The app that shows battery usage is relative and takes a little more than 24 hours to update, so if you upgrade and it's not showing lower usage in a few days please let me know (or if you have any other feedback) at email@example.com thanks for reporting this issue.
- Rave Wireless, Inc.
- 51 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Rave Wireless Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.