Rebels and Redcoats recreates the battlefields of the American Revolutionary War. The war began in 1775 when the American colonies rebelled against the British Empire, declaring their independence in 1776. In the following years, Britain tried to end the revolt and recapture the American territories. The rebels however had support from Europe, with France and Spain later joining the war as allies to their cause. A decisive American victory at Yorktown in 1781 broke the British resolve and was a catalyst in starting peace negotiations. The war ended in 1783 with the signing of the Treaty of Paris and global recognition of the sovereignty of the United States.
Key Game Features
● 5 Mission 'Tutorial' Campaign.
● 4 Mission ‘Evolution' Campaign.
● 4 Mission ‘Nemesis' Campaign.
● All missions, apart from the tutorial, can be played as both sides.
● 37 different historical models representing 26 different unit types.
● Three classes of troop quality – Raw, Average and Veteran.
● New general quality mechanic, affecting command radius and leadership benefits.
● 14 different troop classes including infantry (line, grenadiers, guard, and militia), light infantry (and jägars), light cavalry (light dragoons and hussars), dragoons and artillery (4pdr and 6pdr).
● 5 types of infantry formation - Line, Column, Open Order, Square, Unformed.
● New joint Artillery and infantry formations, allowing for effective and resilient combined units.
● New troop morale mechanic (Disruption)
● New 'light' woods that block line of sight but don't give a defensive bonus.
● Detailed Combat Analysis
● Map zoom
● Flank Attacks
● Strategic Movement
● Game Centre Achievements and Leaderboards.
● iCloud Saves.
Find us on Facebook – facebook.com/HexWar
Follow us on Twitter - @HexwarGames
Game Forum - hexwar.com/forums
Thank you for supporting our games!
© 2015 HexWar Games Ltd.
© 2014 Decision Games, Inc
All Rights Reserved.
Free new "Bonus" campaign with "Bunker Hill" scenario. Play as either the Americans or British!
Fixes a problem in "Brooklyn (Long Island)", Nemesis Campaign, that prevented the player from winning the scenario through the time limit option.
Improved player messaging during gameplay.
Ratings and Reviews
Really great, but...
The overall game is very fun, and well made. Just a couple of things I hope you'll fix:
-The brandywine scenario is way too difficult, 16 turns? I can't complete that.
-The hessian uniforms are incorrect. Why are they red, and not blue? I thought they were British soldiers. Please make new models for the hessian soldiers. If you do not know, just look it up. That is something that I'd be so happy to see! It would be so awesome if you made at least two more, one for the grenadiers and one for the normal infantry. If you could, tweak the hessian grenadiers so that they deal more melee damage because the hessian grenadiers were known for they're skills with the bayonet.
Other than those small details, the game is great! Definitely would recommend!
Great game, until Brandywine.
Even after attempting several options, there was no American win ,nor close win, in this scenario. This scenario needs major repair and someone to test it.
Love the game.
Love this game. Would like to see a French and Indian War game like it.
- HexWar Games Ltd
- 219.5 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2015 HexWar Games Ltd
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.