Rebels & Redcoats recreates the pivotal battles of the American War of Independence. The latest strategy game from Hunted Cow Studios brings the classic Decision Games board game to iPad; and is the first in a series of games to come from this exciting partnership. Take command as either the American colonies or the British Empire and shape the future of a nation, with 10 historical battles.
You will face the same tactical challenges as generals such as George Washington and William Howe, with missions of varying size and objectives, and 24 different combat units. As with previous strategy games from Hunted Cow, every effort has been made to capture the look and feel of the warfare methods, equipment and uniform of the day, and this title is no exception. In these battles players will also find the detailed and accurate maps, orders of battle, and named regiments from the well-loved Decision Games board game.
The hex-based game system features a large variety of infantry, cavalry and artillery units, generals and terrain types. Use your combined forces to outmaneuver, outwit or outshoot your opponent. Victory awaits you, Commander!
Key Game Features
● 5 Mission 'Tutorial' Campaign.
● 5 Mission ‘Resistance' Campaign.
● 5 Mission ‘Revolution' Campaign.
● All missions, apart from the tutorial, can be played as both sides.
● 37 different historical models representing 26 different unit types.
● Three classes of troop quality – Raw, Average and Veteran.
● New general quality mechanic, affecting command radius and leadership benefits.
● 14 different troop classes including infantry (line, grenadiers, guard, and militia), light infantry (and jägars), light cavalry (light dragoons and hussars), dragoons and artillery (4pdr and 6pdr).
● 5 types of infantry formation - Line, Column, Open Order, Square, Unformed.
● New joint Artillery and infantry formations, allowing for effective and resilient combined units.
● New troop morale mechanic (Disruption)
● New 'light' woods that block line of sight but don't give a defensive bonus.
● Detailed Combat Analysis
● Map zoom
● Flank Attacks
● Strategic Movement
● Game Centre Achievements and Leaderboards.
● iCloud Saves.
Find us on Facebook - facebook.com/huntedcow
Follow us on Twitter - @HuntedCow
Game Forum - forums.huntedcow.com/hexwar
Thank you for supporting our games!
© 2014 Hunted Cow Studios Ltd.
© 2014 HexWar Ltd.
© 2014 Decision Games, Inc
All Rights Reserved.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Add the ability to launch Rebels and Redcoats II from within the game.
Ratings and Reviews
Good but not many scenarios
This game has some new options, like the ability to combine units, that make it a bit better than some of the other Hunted Cow titles (I have them all!) but it fell short by only giving about 10 scenarios. You can play for either side, but that's still only 20 scenarios and other HC games offer much more, and some like Ancient Rome offer $0.99 expansion maps. It's a fun game but feels a little skimpy.
Good, but could be much better for the price.
This game needs some more refinement. Some controls - like formation and attacks - are not quite as clear as in theme CW series. I think the graphics overall are pretty impressive. I am disappointed in the very limited number of scenarios compared to the other games from this company especially at the prince set for this game. I like the size of the maps, which offer some tactical options, but with units entering from the distant edges it is often difficult to accomplish some objectives.
Where is Bunker hill?
Just purchased this says service is down when I sent my email for the bonus battle
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- HexWar Games Ltd
- 214.1 MB
- Requires iPadOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2014 Hunted Cow Studios Ltd
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.