Collect your REDCap data in an offline environment in the REDCap mobile app, and then sync your data back to your project on a REDCap server.
REDCap is a web application, which requires the Internet to be used, but the REDCap mobile app allows for offline data collection for your REDCap projects. You can create your project in REDCap, securely download your project to the REDCap mobile app on your iPad or iPhone, collect data on the device (with or without an Internet connection), and then securely send your data back to your project on a REDCap server.
• Multi-user interface with secure login that allows each user account to collect data for multiple REDCap projects in the app.
• In addition to text and structured data, you can store and transmit photos, videos, signatures, and audio to REDCap.
• When collecting data in the app from a participant, for security purposes you can easily restrict access to the rest of the app as they enter their data.
• All user activity in the app is logged for audit purposes. The full logging history can be sent to your project on the REDCap server.
Who is the REDCap Mobile App for? In order to use the REDCap Mobile App, REDCap must be installed on your institution’s server and must be at version 6.5.0 or higher. The REDCap Mobile App is designed to fit the following scenarios:
• A REDCap project that needs data to be collected without any Internet access available.
• A REDCap project that needs data to be collected with sporadic Internet access.
If mobile devices are desired for use in REDCap data collection, and if WiFi or cellular Internet is amply available, then it is suggested to use the REDCap mobile web view that is available on the REDCap server, which provides real-time access to data.
What is REDCap? REDCap is a mature, secure web application for building and managing online surveys and databases, and it is used by hundreds of thousands of users around the world (http://projectredcap.org). Before setting up a REDCap project in the app, you must already have a user account on a REDCap server hosted by a participating REDCap partner institution. If you belong to an institution that does not have REDCap, please visit http://projectredcap.org/participate.php to learn how to get REDCap where you are.
What are some limitations of this app? The REDCap mobile app runs in conjunction with the REDCap web application software. You must already have a REDCap user account and project on a REDCap server before being able to download the project to the app. The app cannot function or stand independently without a REDCap server.
If you are upgrading from REDCap mobile app v2.51.9 or below, please proceed to upload all your data to the server before installing this new update.
It is also recommended to upload all new and modified data to the server before updating to new OS versions.
- General fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
This is the best online mobile app research database EVER!!!! The best thing is that you can use REDCap on the go wherever you are with Internet or even with NO INTERNET. If you're making surveys, you can have people enter the rest of their data and it'll connect right when you get WIFI. I totally recommend this app.
Trouble with uploading records in a data access group
Previously if I don’t assign the records to data access group, the uploading works just fine and predictable. Since I started to use data access group, the uploading process never ends and simply nothing is uploaded to the server. I don’t know whether this should be attributed to the data access group or the update of the app. I have to import emergency dump data to the database, which is painful.
Pin setup does not work
I just downloaded the application, and it is not working properly. When I try to set up an admin pin and data collector profile, it just resets the field. I can find no instructions online that even explain this step of the app setup, let alone how to troubleshoot it. I have downloaded on both iPad and iPhone, and one of my research assistants downloaded it on their iPad, we are getting the same results when we try to use it.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- 25.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2015 Vanderbilt University