ReefCast provides you with the most accurate and confident forecast available, so you can spend your time fishing, instead of worrying about the weather.
Pick any point on the water and the simplicity of the ReefCast design provides the key weather information you need in one easy graphic, without unnecessary features you will never use.
While other Apps provide the standard NOAA Wavewatch III® forecast and buoy data, ReefCast goes one step further. The ReefCast Interactive Model shows a more accurate 3 mile by 3 mile forecast that is based on our proprietary software model. The ReefCast Ensemble Model will then simultaneously display the confidence you should have in the forecast for your selected location. No other forecasting tool gives you this essential level of detail.
With the basic app, you can:
· View the National Weather Service Forecast – displays the NWS forecast for your location
· View Buoy data – displays the latest data output from buoys measuring wind speed, air temperature, water temperature, wave height, and more
With the Premium ReefCast Subscription you gain access to:
· The Reefcast Interactive Model – displays a 7-day forecast of Wind Direction, Wind Speed, Wave Height, and Wave Period in one simple graph
· The Reefcast Ensemble Model – displays a “behind the scenes” look at the model to show you how accurate the forecast will be over the next 7 days
Payment for Reefcast Premium usage and features entitles the user to unlimited Reefcast Interactive Model and Ensemble Model forecasts along with the ability to view your recently viewed forecasts in your history folder. Reefcast Premium is an auto-renewable subscription that will renew yearly at $23.99/yr ($1.99/month) or monthly at $2.99/month depending on the plan you have selected. Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off 24 hrs prior to the end of the subscription period. Cancellations are not allowed during the active subscription period.
Sales through Apple iTunes will be governed by Apple’s policies.
- Added inlet warnings to map
- Improved help functionality
- New splash screen
Ratings and Reviews
Great resource, but needs a fix for iPhone X.
When looking at the wave forecast, it’s very difficult to select ‘Done’ since the app does not take into account the cutout on the iphoneX.
Outside of that, I love the app and use it whenever I plan on going offshore.
This does not work. Don’t wast your time. Fix it captain Dave
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Saltwater Central, LLC
- 50.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Saltwater Central LLC
- In-App Purchases
- ReefCast Premium Monthly $2.99
- ReefCast Premium Annual $23.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.