Be off book...book more work!
Learn your lines, explore your character and dive deep into your scenes with Rehearsal® Pro, the industry standard app for actors!
Rehearsal® Pro is the #1 best-selling app for professional actors!
Want to learn your lines? Want to be off-book, and book more work? Grab Rehearsal® Pro now!
Rehearsal® Pro is the app for that. It, and its predecessor, Rehearsal® 2, featured in the New York Times, Fast Company, LA Magazine and BACKSTAGE, became the entertainment industry standard for cast and crew to organize their scripts for auditions and working on set. Battle tested in Hollywood and around the world by professional actors and acting students.
And now, there's Rehearsal® Pro.
"I love this app! Rehearsal® lets me learn my lines in the car while I drive to work. It already saved my butt when I was thrown a major new dialogue scene 45 minutes before we started shooting it. I plugged the new scene into Rehearsal and I was off book by the time I got out of the make up chair." -Clark Gregg (Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Desperate Housewives, New Adventures of Old Christine)
"I am very pleased with the results of using Rehearsal® so far. It is a powerful tool in preparing for auditions, or for days of work, especially when I am pressed for time. It is easy to use and I have no doubt that as it evolves, it will be a part of my work process for a long time." -John Carroll Lynch (Shutter Island, Dexter, The Drew Carey Show, Body of Proof)
Rehearsal® Pro is
- extremely easy to use, solid and reliable
- intuitive: it reminds you of what you do with physical scripts
- usable with any current iOS device, and syncs script markup between all of them
- costs one low price for unlimited usage
For actors from every walk of life and all areas of accomplishment:
- works with short audition sides, to feature length scripts
- easily handles physical scripts by bursting and scanning to PDF
- for every actor at any skill level, student, amateur or professional
- for every actor in every arena, from community theater, commercial, industrial, stage, web, VO, television, and film
- get help with on-board demo videos that show you how to do nearly everything
Manage your scripts easily:
- Sync scripts between your devices
- Manage scanned-in scripts for theater productions
- Rotate, crop, collate and tint your pages
- add physical scripts by snapping pictures of pages
- create bookmarks and easily jump to a particular page
- work with the same PDF and Word files you get on your computer
- easily break down your script into your scenes
- reading your script is a snap - just flick and scroll
Learn your lines quickly:
- highlight your lines and your scene partners' lines in vibrant colors
- record your lines and play them back, watching the script scroll by like a teleprompter
- quickly fast forward or rewind to pick up lines simply
- record unlimited versions of scenes, exploring your character and creating new reads
- automatically repeat your scene over and over until you know your lines cold
- group multi-scene auditions into one repeating scene
- pause recording and playback
- play peekaboo to memorize - reveal your lines in blackout mode
- quickly add beat marks to longer passages
Explore your characters
- easily create and review comments: text, audio, photo or video
- record different takes on lines, different looks for characters
- have all your choices at your fingertips for instant review
Special features just for voice talent
- audition for voiceover work from anywhere
- email in your auditions as MP3 files from anywhere to anyone
Everyone on the production team can use Rehearsal® Pro
- location scouts can create quick and easy reports
- makeup, wardrobe, set dressers: keep track of continuity and looks from scene to scene
- directors and cinematographers: plan shots and create on-the-fly storyboards
Rehearsal® Pro was created by a working actor just like you, David H. Lawrence XVII, best known as the creepy Eric Doyle, the Puppetmaster on NBC's Heroes.
Hey there, Pros! Here's what we've included in this update:
1. We've updated how the app handles external information via web view pages.
2. We hammered down some errant nails in how the app works in iOS 14.
3. The eraser tool was having a moment, so we had a chat with it and it's much better now.
4. We had an issue with Line Set recording that is no longer an issue.
5. There was a bit of a discrepancy with page numbers when scrolling that we've taken care of.
6. Once you'd scribbled something, the app thought its job was done. We disabused it of that notion.
And we stay on top of the usual nips here and tucks there to keep you running smoothly. Plus, we're always working on other improvements.
VERY IMPORTANT: if you're having difficulty, don't leave us a bad review. Instead, view the Help files (just tap on the Help button on the main menu), or visit:
https://help.rehearsal.pro (or just tap the HELP button on the main menu of the app)
...where we've got tutorials, how-to's, FAQ's, videos and more - as well as a Help Message form. Use that - we'll get right back to you.
Please set your preference for updates to your apps to be automatic. We want you to always have the latest and greatest Rehearsal® Pro! To do so, go to Settings > iTunes & App Store on your device. Under Automatic Downloads, enable Apps.
While you’re using the app, we wouldn’t ever want to interrupt your rehearsals by asking you to rate and review us. However, if you find Rehearsal® Pro useful in your acting practice, please take a moment to give us a nice rating and review in the App Store. It really helps. Thank you!
Enjoy! All of us here just shouted, "Break a leg!"
David H. Lawrence XVII
Ratings and Reviews
Leaves a lot to be desired
Great app in theory, but often doesn’t work to full capacity. Seems a bit deceitful to make the scanning process for adding scripts to be a camera icon, only to inform you upon clicking on it that you need to download an Adobe app to actually scan the script now. But I did that. Problem is, once you’ve completed the scanning process and followed all the steps provided, it’s still 50/50 whether the “Import to Rehearsal Pro” option will show up on your menu bar. And that’s important, because if you try to send the PDF to Rehearsal Pro when it doesn’t explicitly say “Import to Rehearse Pro,” it doesn’t work whatsoever. So I tried another method that’s suggested of using the email created when I made an account for the purpose of adding a script. The script after several minutes does show up in the app, but when I try to add it, despite re-emailing it several times, I still get the error message “Error writing file.” I like the app when it works, but right now charging $20 for...this...is simply insulting. I want the app to succeed really badly, because it’s a useful tool. But quite frankly it’s just a headache right now
Developer Response ,
David Jon...I'm really sad you didn't give us a chance to help you solve your issues by sending us a help request before leaving this review. I don't see anyone in our help request queue over the last two weeks with either "David" or "Jon" in their name, and no one has sent us any support requests that reflect your issue in this review. Can you please use the Send A Message page on our site (it's on the FAQ page) so we can get get the information we need from you to get you squared away? As for using Adobe Scan for our scanner, there are several reasons we chose to do that, and there's no deceit involved. It's free, it's from the people who invented PDF, and it creates much smaller and higher quality scans than we could within our app. You share the PDF that Adobe Scan creates right into Rehearsal Pro, and it works just fine from there. If Rehearsal doesn't show up as a sharing option, you may need to enable it on your device in the app list that will allow PDF imports. At any rate, we want to help, and we're hoping you'll get in touch.
Couldn’t book without it!!!
I have used Rehearsal Pro for years now and can’t imagine my life without it! I had no idea I would use it as often as I do. I have always been “old school” by using paper and highlighter … and sneaking a peek while I’m driving! The Rehearsal Pro is a game changer. Over the years, I have walked hundreds of miles with my earbuds in listening to lines and responding aloud. People just think I’m talking on the phone! I also use it in the car on long drives or just around town. David‘s videos on how to set up the app are very useful. The turnaround time for the app to receive my script and it be available for rehearsal is phenomenal. It has never disappointed. I recommend this app to everyone in the industry!!
If you follow the instructions…
You’ll probably fix whatever issue it is you’re having. All you have to do is take five minutes out of your day to make sure none of your issues have already been answered in their app FAQ/help page and then after doing that you can email them with your very detailed question. I just did this and David was extremely patient, quick to respond and helpful. We solved my issue which resulted in uninstalling the app, reinstalling, turning my phone off then back on, and then re-signing into the app and it was that simple. Thanks David!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sotto Voce Filmworks, Inc.
- 153.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2020 Sotto Voce Filmworks, Inc.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.