Scene Study is an incredibly easy way for actors to learn their lines, memorize scenes and rehearse for theater and film productions. Created by actors for actors, Scene Study frees you from the script to start actively listening and responding in the scene. By recording your cues lines, you practice listening for them right along with recalling your own.
Once you have a scene set up, save time by rehearsing while doing other activities. Combining other tasks with rehearsal enables deeper memorization of your lines and often provides a few unexpected insights to your character.
Getting started is easy. Simply create a production, add characters, then start recording your character's spoken and cue lines. Record the full lines for your scene partners or just the cue lines. Then start rehearsing!
Choose the character you wish to rehearse by muting them during playback and enjoy your own portable scene partner. Rehearse around the house or on the go, rehearse while driving or doing chores. It’s that easy!
- Dress rehearsal mode!
- Line prompting to speed memorization.
- Streamlined recording interface.
- Lock screen audio controls integration.
- Great for single scene and full length productions.
- Shared character lists for productions.
- Streamlined scene screen enables playback and recording from one screen.
- Playback all scene lines or mute a character to rehearse lines from memory.
- Drag and drop line reordering.
- Auto-save recordings for fast scene creation.
- Headphone and bluetooth support for limitless rehearsal opportunities.
- Fixed issue that prevented clearing current rehearsed character
- Fixed character name dialog box sizing
- UI improvements
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I have used this app to memorize lines for a play and a feature film, on top of countless auditions. Some features I wanted actually ended up being there already but weren’t super intuitive to me at first, but if you use it a bit you’ll figure it out just fine. All I can say is it has been super useful to me.
Need to share with other actors
I love this app. Best way to learn lines at home without having to drive your wife crazy by asking her to play the other parts. Please develop a way for us to record scenes on one device and then share it with the other actors who also have Scene Study on their devices. You would sell a lot more apps that way.
This app is easy to use when setting up characters and scenes. It has helped me tremendously. It's great to connect to Bluetooth in the car and listen to different scenes whenever I'm running errands or waiting to pick up kids from school.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.