Remote Desktop Mobile 4+
Work from anywhere
Use Microsoft Remote Desktop for iOS to connect to Azure Virtual Desktop, Windows 365, admin-provided virtual apps and desktops, or remote PCs. With Microsoft Remote Desktop, you can be productive no matter where you are.
Configure your PC for remote access using the information at https://aka.ms/rdsetup.
Learn about our other Remote Desktop clients at https://aka.ms/rdclients.
• Access remote PCs running Windows Professional or Enterprise and Windows Server.
• Access managed resources published by your admin
• Connect through a Remote Desktop Gateway.
• Rich multi-touch experience supporting Windows gestures.
• Secure connection to your data and applications.
• Simple management of your connections and user account from the Connection Center.
• Audio and video streaming.
• Redirect your clipboard, and local devices such as microphones and cameras.
Submit feedback at https://aka.ms/rdiosfbk.
It's time for a quick update. In this release we've made some tweaks around the behaviour of the connection bar on iPads, and fixed some bugs to keep things running smoothly.
On an iPad, the connection bar will now:
• Take evasive manoeuvres to avoid getting stuck under the Stage Manager ellipsis menu.
• Initially start docked to the right side of the screen.
For both iPads and iPhones, the position of the connection bar will be saved across connections.
If you are looking for the Add PC/Workspace button, it has moved to the middle of the bottom toolbar.
With respect to bug fixes, below are some highlights:
• Fixed an issue where session rotation was not working on iOS 16.
• Resolved an issue where the search box in the Connection Centre lost focus while typing.
• Improved audio rendering for low bandwidth scenarios.
If you encounter any errors, you can always contact us via Settings > Submit Feedback.
Ratings and Reviews
Good RDP Client but not Great
This app works about 90% of the time and the two main issues that I have are due to the size of the RDP client window on an extra monitor and the option to reduce background login attempts.
1. The size of the RDP client window is great on the iPad and works well and is the full size of the iPad window. But once you connect the iPad to an extra monitor(Dell U2415 in my case) the RDP window will not fill up the entire monitor screen. There is a significant gap around the RDP window on the extra monitor. This is not a typical with apps on the extra monitor because there are three dots in the top center of the app that usually allows for the app to go full screen and then the app will fill up the entire window. This option is usually an option on most apps but is not an option on this app. This is a big deal when you are trying to use the extra monitor to work off of and have a monitor that is more than 1-2’ away from your eyes. Once this is fixed this app will be much more beneficial.
2. The option to reduce background login attempts is a necessary option because currently this app will attempt logins until either the computer is locked out or the security login software locks out. Both of which are a nuisance next time you attempt to login. Needs to determine options to resolve this issue to prevent nuisance login attempts and reduce false locks out of the remote computer.
Useful app but please help with keyboard issue and split screen!
Update, First of all, the Dev feedback so quickly is much appreciated. Even more so is that the issue has already been resolved before the major update coming in December! The RD app no longer takes over all keyboard inputs when using slide over, works just as it should. Thank you very much for the quick resolve to this that helps my workflow go more smoothly! -Brad I’ve got an IPad Pro with attached magic keyboard. I use this app to run a virtual PC for a program for work. With my RD app open, if I have slide over open to type down notes for example, the RD app takes control of the keyboard inputs after about 3 seconds. It used to do this only if I clicked the little keyboard symbol at the top of the RD app but now its each time. I’ve uninstalled and re configured my virtual pc’s but it remained. There have been 2 RD app updates since I’ve noticed it and it keeps occurring. This is very frustrating for some of the tasks I have to complete on this, almost requires me to buy a laptop to be able to actually multitask like I used to a month or so ago. Also, this is more of a wish but please try to configure the app to support true split screen and not just slide over! It would be very helpful if this app could resize the way other apps do but RD app will not resize, stays full screen and says its not supported. Thanks for the useful app!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. This issue will be fixed in version 10.4.0 tentatively in December.
Excellent RDP Client, But Not Perfect
This RDP client is excellent. Very smooth and intuitive! Performance and graphics is pretty great. I give it 4-stars because there are two issues that kind of bother me.
Issue #1: Once connected to the session, you can’t hide the tool bar at the top. In older versions, you were able to hide it, and it would simply have a small-transparent pulldown to select the keyboard. Now, it cannot be hidden and instead can just slide left or right. If you have a browser open with multiple tabs, the toolbar is big enough to cover one of the tabs.
Issue #2: If you’re connected to a session, and you switch apps on the iPhone, when you jump back to Remote Desktop, sometimes the display is messed up. The session will only show half of the screen, or the remote images will tear and essentially won’t refresh and stay partially stuck on the previous image. The only way to correct it is to disconnect from the session and reconnect.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Microsoft Corporation
- 93.9 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.