From critically acclaimed storytelling to powerful photography to engaging videos — the Reno Gazette Journal app delivers the local news that matters most to your community.
• Access all of our in-depth journalism, including things to do around town, sports coverage from high school to the pros, and much more.
• Enjoy a streamlined, fast-loading experience that makes it easy to view the stories, photos, and videos that matter to you.
• Get breaking news, sports scores, and weather alerts with real-time notifications tailored to your interests.
• Customize your experience by saving your favorite stories, adjusting text size, using night mode, or reading offline.
• This app is free to download and all users can access a sampling of free articles every month.
• For unlimited access to all content, subscribe now and get 30 days free ($7.99/month after). Or if you are already a subscriber, you can sign in with your existing subscription.
• Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable. See "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
• Terms of Service: http://static.rgj.com/terms/
• Questions or Comments: firstname.lastname@example.org
• New in-app alerts let you know when there's a story we don't want you to miss: Look for the blue alerts bar within the app, similar to our existing Breaking News alerts (in red).
• As usual, we're always adding performance improvements and removing bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
Best sports coverage!
Love the video that Murray leads on Monday. Great sports coverage from all 3 gentleman. Would love more videos. Like press conference videos as well. Good Wolf Pack stories. A little more boxing coverage would be nice.
Used to be the app showed the actual paper on the left side of the screen and when you clicked on the article, it would pop up on the right side of the screen where you could read it. Also, it was very easy to select “Editions” and go back and read previous versions of the newspaper. No more. After an update, it now looks like a Website search result: Pictures, headlines, videos. What is on the front page of the Reno Gazette Journal? I have no idea as the powers-that-be have decided national Top Stories should be listed first (RGJ typically has local stories on the front page but this app now shows national headlines). Further down I did identify some stories that were in the RGJ but these were yesterday’s articles, not today (there were no dates either in the head lines or in the article itself but I read a hard copy the day before so I knew it was old news). Want to call up an article from Friday’s paper? Good luck. With the previous version, you just clicked on Editions and selected the paper you want. Now, there is no option for selecting yesterday’s paper, or the day before, etc. Probably going to cancel RGJ subscription as I don’t want to spend an hour each day sifting through all the stuff they have listed - I just want to read what is in today’s paper but that doesn’t appear to be possible with the “new and improved” app.
I really like the app, except for....
The app works very well, easy to use, pages load quickly.
However, the obituary section could use an overhaul. When clicking on someone's name it opened it up and, again, has to click "read more" to read the obituary. Then when you click back to go to all the obituaries it reverts back to the start, not to the list you were scrolling down, so you have to start all over.
In addition, I use an iPad and for some reason about 90% of the articles will not open anymore, suddenly. I have to "save" them and then open them in the "saved" section.
However, without those two challenges it is a very good app.
- 234.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2019 Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Reno Gazette Journal Digital Subscription $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.