Turn on notifications to receive alerts anytime a scanner has more than 3500 listeners (find out about major events as they're breaking).
• View scanners located nearest you.
• View the top 50 scanners that have the most listeners.
• View list of scanners added most recently (new scanners are being added all the time).
• Add scanners you listen to the most to your Favorites for quick access.
• Browse the directory by location or genre (public safety, air traffic, railroad, marine, etc).
• Turn on notifications to be notified when major events are happening (details below).
Receive a notification anytime:
• ...any scanner in the directory has more than 3500 listeners (configurable).
• ...a specific scanner has more than a certain number of listeners.
• ...a Broadcastify alert is posted for one of your favorites.
The audio you're able to hear is provided by volunteers (and, in many cases, police and fire departments themselves) for Broadcastify.com and a few other sites using real scanner radios.
If you need assistance, please go to http://support.gordonedwards.net/
• Added a Help section within settings
• UI improvements to the Scanner detail screen
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Used to be great
I just wrote a long review on my other device a few weeks ago about how this was the greatest scanner app on the market. That has changed.
The ads used to be simple and subtle, but now they take up the whole screen. Often times when you’re trying to load a scanner app time is of the essence. Waiting for a full screen ad to load is a huge inconvenience and delays our ability to monitor a current unfolding public safety situation.
I just bought a paid version of a different app to replace this app after years of being a loyal user. Either get rid of the full screen ads (banner ads are totally fine) or give us a paid option. Until then, I’ll use a different app to get the exact same data streams.
Developer Response ,
Yes, I fixed the app's ad delivery functionality (which broke a few years ago) in order to fund the development of improvements and new functionality (some of which you've probably seen added recently with much more to come).
Note that there *is* a paid option, the "Remove Ads" button that's in the upper right corner of the player screen.
Developer Response ,
Best scanner app in the App Store, period
I’ve tried dozens, and no other scanner app compares. There still room for improvement, and some features that I don’t understand why nobody ads. For example, let’s create a Scanner app that actually lets us scan multiple channels… I don’t see any technical reason why you couldn’t monitor two or more at once. That said, I’m giving it five stars because of how it compares to all of the other apps in the store. Not holding back because of the new features that I’d like to see. This developer has been rolling out updates frequently, the user interface is already the best there is, and I hope to see more and more updates going forward.
- GordonEdwards.net LLC
- 47.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 GordonEdwards.net LLC
- In-App Purchases
- feature: Remove Ads $1.99
- feature: Themes $1.99
- feature: Widgets $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.