Straight from musical idea to music notation - wherever you are!
• EuroBest 2013 Gold winner for best user experience (UX)
• Cannes Lions Gold winner 2013 "Media, Entertainment & Leisure"
• Cannes Lions Silver medalist 2013 "Other Technology for Mobile"
With this app you can:
• Play, sing or whistle any monophonic melody and instantly turn it into music notation.
• Edit score and change playback sound.
• Share results with your friends and synchronize it with ScoreCloud Studio on your computer in order to arrange or edit it further.
• Displays your monophonic input in standard notation.
• Intelligent interpretation of pitch, time signature, rhythm & meter, and tempo directly from monophonic audio input.
• In-App and cloud-based storage of your songs.
• Works with a wide range of musical instruments.
• Playback with a number of different sounds or the original recording.
• Designed for recording also in noisy environments.
• No limitations with regards to musical style – ScoreCloud Express can track composite meters, syncopation, free rhythm etc.
• Share your song with your friends by email, Twitter or Facebook (iOS 6 or higher) for anyone to view and listen to in a web browser.
• Synchronize your songs with ScoreCloud Studio on your computer in order to edit and arrange them.
ScoreCloud Express requires a free account and an Internet connection, since the analysis of your recordings is performed in the cloud.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Ratings and Reviews
So, I bought this app because I thought it would help me dictate some music I’ve been working on. Speeding up my process. It did do a good job with the rhythms, but the pitches were a mess. Instead of staying on the same note it would move it to another octave (or two) lower. Instead of my melody being all on the treble staff it’s mixed between two treble staves and a bass staff. Super strange. Not worth the money I spent. I wish they would fix it. It’s an excellent idea.
Great for drafting!!
Begin with the end in mind... What do you want out of an app? This will not create a perfect score the first time you throw your voice into it, but it is excellent for brainstorming that first draft of your piece! Like others have said, it’s not yet fully able to capture chords from my guitar, but it is great at single-tone sound capture (i.e., maybe use “la” when intonating melodies). My issue in the past has always been forgetting the melody or progression of tunes that come to my cranium. So tragically frustrating when I can’t remember a great tune I had while driving or just living life, for example. So (for me at least), this is fantastic for getting that creative/catchy tune down on some kind of sheet. This is huge!
Don’t Trust The Doubters
I was extremely hesitant at buying this app because of the prior ratings, but I went with my instinct to get it anyway. When I tried out the app for the first time, it did an amazing job. As anything, it was not perfect, with some different notes and wrong rhythms, but it was nothing that could not be fixed. I recommend singing your song clearly on “la” instead of with lyrics and add them in at the end. It may take a few tries, but the first ones can be deleted. Get this app!!!!!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- DoReMIR Music Research AB
- 39.1 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2012 DoReMIR Music Research AB
- In-App Purchases
- month of PLUS $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.