Shaken and Stirred is a carefully curated collection of nearly 200 easy, delicious craft cocktails to make at home. Each recipe has a tutorial video from Small Screen. Moreover, you can input your ingredient inventory and the app will show you which drinks you can make!
This is the ideal cocktail app for beginners. However, it’s awfully handy for experienced drink-mixers, too: while our other acclaimed recipe apps delve deeply into particular mixological themes, this one places a cross-section of popular, simple, proven recipes close at hand for quick reference.
Important: all the recipes included in this app are available for free on the web. What this product offers is a native, interactive recipe database with search/filtration, built-in ingredient info, and an ingredient inventory feature that helps you identify the drinks you can make with the ingredients you have on hand.
- includes 180 expert-curated drink recipes; mostly “classic cocktails”, but some newer ones
- Nearly all the recipes here are utterly easy to make; a handful have extra steps.
- All the recipes here are good.
- Each recipe has an accompanying tutorial video from Small Screen
- Perfect for beginners, handy for everyone else
- Check off the ingredients you’ve got and this app will show you which drinks you can make
- Filter the recipes on multiple criteria with just a few taps
- Flag recipes and tag favorites; create custom lists of recipes
- Annotate recipes with comments and cumulative likes and dislikes and build up a chronological history of your explorations
- Ingredient definitions included
- Sync your ingredient inventory, favorites and flagged, custom lists and journal entries across our entire suite of apps and over as many iOS devices as you like, using our free sync service
- Universal app, works nearly identically on both platforms
Please enjoy responsibly and in moderation!
- bug fixes & optimization
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app for all levels
I've tried a few different cocktail recipe apps and this one is definitely worth it. You will need a fairly stocked bar, which is to be expected, but once you work up to that you'll have a drink for whatever mood you're in with help from this app.
The videos are great, and even an intermediate-level bartender can learn something from them.
I love how easy it is to add your ingredients, how it shows how many recipes include each ingredient, the description of each ingredient and examples for each category, how ingredients sync across other apps from the same developer (PDT's app, Wondrich's app, etc), and how it's easy to see recipes for which you are missing only one or two ingredients. The "missing ingredients" feature is invaluable in helping build your bar.
Additionally, the ability to browse cocktails and see all the ingredients at a glance is quite useful.
The only feedback I would provide is it would be nice to have the ability to rate each cocktail for personal preference (I don't care to see others' ratings though).
Also, the ability to add ingredients to a Wish List or Shopping List would be beneficial.
Finally, the ability to mark recipes "To Try Next" would be welcome.
Thank you! Finally a cocktail app that doesn't feel like it was created by a college frat bro.
Great Suite of Cocktaill Apps
Though I've made numerous drinks and cocktails over the decades, I never went much beyond a few comfortable favorites, that is, unless I was sitting at a competent bar somewhere and could order something outside of my comfort zone! Along with "The Bar Book" (Kindle version) by J. Morgenthaler, plus this app, I feel I've received a fairly inexpensive, but surprisingly thorough, mixology starter course -- that is, inexpensive if you don't count the liquor store bill! Features such as the ability to track your available ingredients (including across their various apps via an included sync service), making journal entries (notes), and knowing what drinks you can build given your current inventory (or with one or two more ingredients) made the cost of this app a non-issue for me. Basically what one craft cocktail might cost you at a decent venue. Last but not least, the built-in videos are a great aid for newbies (and for not-so newbies). Bottom line: I really appreciate having this app available, such that I've already purchased another of their companion apps (Total Tiki). Good stuff!
This program is immensely helpful to the unitiated trying to start mixing drinks. There are literally thousands of drinks and an equal amount of expensive components out there. How do you know what your investment in can produce? These series of program are perfect to maximize your investment. They also speed up the learning curve dramaticlly!
I would ask the programmers to consider having a consolidated list of components that can be checked off. As is, a person has to go into each of the programs and identify components that are unique to that program. For instance, the tropical drinks have tons of types of rums that are only available to be checked off for inventory in that program whereas the PDT has lots of whiskeys, but the rums are not listed. If there was a consolidated inventory that took into consideration all of the programs you have purchased, that would simplify things dramatically. Thanks.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Martin Doudoroff LLC
- 118.2 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2015-2019 Martin Doudoroff LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.